The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2016, 06:57 AM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
Made some trades and spent some money Tongue

My beloved Vector is a bit overpriced for what it is, and the design that makes it so overpriced is only somewhat useful with the semi auto civilian version, and I've been thinking about making the switch to 9mm anyway just for reasons of practicality and because I was intending to get a VP9 anyway.

So I got rid of my Vector and my small stockpile of .45 ACP (as compared to my massive stockpile of 5.56), and picked up a Stag 9T with a compatible bump fire stock as well as the VP9 I've been drooling over for a while now. Now I have what is essentially a legal full auto pistol caliber carbine, just a toy or for 3 gun competition really, and it is fun, and the VP9, which is now my primary concealed carry south of the border.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2016, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2016 07:49 AM by Chas.)
(21-04-2016 06:57 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Made some trades and spent some money Tongue

My beloved Vector is a bit overpriced for what it is, and the design that makes it so overpriced is only somewhat useful with the semi auto civilian version, and I've been thinking about making the switch to 9mm anyway just for reasons of practicality and because I was intending to get a VP9 anyway.

So I got rid of my Vector and my small stockpile of .45 ACP (as compared to my massive stockpile of 5.56), and picked up a Stag 9T with a compatible bump fire stock as well as the VP9 I've been drooling over for a while now. Now I have what is essentially a legal full auto pistol caliber carbine, just a toy or for 3 gun competition really, and it is fun, and the VP9, which is now my primary concealed carry south of the border.

Sounds good. The VP9 looks like an excellent pistol, I just can't warm up to polymer frames or striker-fire.

I've got a Beretta CX4 carbine in 9mm to go with my 92FS. They use the same magazines - that's a real plus.

Last week I got a top rail for the CX4 and will install it today.

The rest of the parts for my AR are supposed to arrive tomorrow so I can complete it.
Who knew that buffer parts were in short supply?

On another note, has anyone else tried M-Pro 7 cleaner or oil?
It really seems to do what it says it will, plus it is odorless - I can clean guns indoors without stinking the place up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-04-2016, 07:48 AM
The last time I went hunting I was armed with a 762 and a 303. How are these seen today by modern enthusiasts?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
21-04-2016, 07:55 AM
(21-04-2016 07:48 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The last time I went hunting I was armed with a 762 and a 303. How are these seen today by modern enthusiasts?

Do you mean 7.62x51 (.308)? It's my favorite .30 cal.

The .303 has similar ballistics to the .308 cartridge.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-04-2016, 07:59 AM
(21-04-2016 07:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 07:48 AM)Banjo Wrote:  The last time I went hunting I was armed with a 762 and a 303. How are these seen today by modern enthusiasts?

Do you mean 7.62x51 (.308)? It's my favorite .30 cal.

The .303 has similar ballistics to the .308 cartridge.

Yeah the WWII Lee Enfield .303 and the .762.

I used to shoot roos from a helicopter with a .303. WWII issue. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
21-04-2016, 04:12 PM

It depends what 7.62 cartridge you're talking about. As far as 303 British, it's a bit of an antique weenie cartridge.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-04-2016, 04:18 PM
(21-04-2016 04:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  

It depends what 7.62 cartridge you're talking about. As far as 303 British, it's a bit of an antique weenie cartridge.

Circa 1973 if it helps. Maybe 75?

Banjo.
21-04-2016, 05:01 PM
Uhhhh... that'd be a bigass .308.....

U thinking the 7.62 x 54 (as chambered in the M44 and 91-30 Russian rifles??)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-04-2016, 05:15 PM
(21-04-2016 05:01 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Uhhhh... that'd be a bigass .308.....

U thinking the 7.62 x 54 (as chambered in the M44 and 91-30 Russian rifles??)

Hard to recall being so long ago. Something like this. It was great for taking out wild cats, foxes, roos etc. The Aussie army used them during the Vietnam war. In fact the rifle I used was from that war.

[Image: M14_rifle_-_USA_-_7,62x51mm_-_Arm%C3%A9museum.jpg]

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
21-04-2016, 05:21 PM
Ahhhh... 7.62 x 51 --- commonly known as .308 Nato --- as chambered in the M-14 --- (as shown)....

Good cartridge -- comparable to the 30-06 with bullets up to 150 grain -- heavier bullets - the -06 has a decided edge with the added cartridge capacity........... 06 is loaded in up to 220 grain bullets................