The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2016, 05:25 PM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(21-04-2016 05:21 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ahhhh... 7.62 x 51 --- commonly known as .308 Nato --- as chambered in the M-14 --- (as shown)....

Good cartridge -- comparable to the 30-06 with bullets up to 150 grain -- heavier bullets - the -06 has a decided edge with the added cartridge capacity........... 06 is loaded in up to 220 grain bullets................

At the time it was the best rifle I had at my disposal. The recoil was not as bad as the .303. The guy I lived with had a huge gun cupboard with rifles dating back to the Boer war. I would just take a .22 when hunting rabbits. We also had an M16. Shotguns for hunting ducks etc.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2016, 05:49 AM
They had me check out so many guns last night I barely had a place to put my clothes next to my bunk. I have 4 different weapons ranging from the 240 to the 320 within reach from my pillow. 'murica Tongue. It's gonna be a good week.

Trying to fabricate a sling out of 550 cord for the M320 while I wait for shit to get moving this morning.

'Murican Canadian
15-05-2016, 05:56 AM
The only thing that'd make it better is if they gotcha some pretty nekkid young women as porters................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-05-2016, 02:42 PM
(15-05-2016 05:49 AM)yakherder Wrote:  They had me check out so many guns last night I barely had a place to put my clothes next to my bunk. I have 4 different weapons ranging from the 240 to the 320 within reach from my pillow. 'murica Tongue. It's gonna be a good week.

Trying to fabricate a sling out of 550 cord for the M320 while I wait for shit to get moving this morning.

How well do you braid? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-05-2016, 03:41 PM
(15-05-2016 02:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-05-2016 05:49 AM)yakherder Wrote:  They had me check out so many guns last night I barely had a place to put my clothes next to my bunk. I have 4 different weapons ranging from the 240 to the 320 within reach from my pillow. 'murica Tongue. It's gonna be a good week.

How well do you braid? Consider

I made something that should be adequate. It's only a few pounds. Light enough that it's normally attached directly to the M4. We just happen to be running some ranges with it in its stand alone configuration this week.

'Murican Canadian
15-05-2016, 08:49 PM
And tomorrow morning it begins. We set off at 4:00 in the morning to hike up to the range, where we will be shooting for 3 days straight, including a little night fire. And it's all drills with a point, no marksmanship quals. Machine guns and shotguns and grenade launchers, oh my Tongue. It's times like this I'm reminded of why I put up with the BS.

'Murican Canadian
16-05-2016, 05:54 AM
I have my reloading just about caught up -- so I guess I need to go light off a few -- just so I can have more empty brass...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-05-2016, 09:51 AM
(16-05-2016 05:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I have my reloading just about caught up -- so I guess I need to go light off a few -- just so I can have more empty brass...

Big Grin
I suppose I'd better get back to my own reloading. Come to think of it, I should also step up my shooting. We've been here almost three years now, and I still haven't joined a range, only been going to club shoots.

Oh crap!
16-05-2016, 10:09 AM
(16-05-2016 09:51 AM)jabeady Wrote:  
(16-05-2016 05:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I have my reloading just about caught up -- so I guess I need to go light off a few -- just so I can have more empty brass...

Big Grin
I suppose I'd better get back to my own reloading. Come to think of it, I should also step up my shooting. We've been here almost three years now, and I still haven't joined a range, only been going to club shoots.

Oh crap!
I used to belong to a club -- just so I could go there a few times a week , shoot a bit, (especially on the longer ranges -- they had up to 600 meter) -- and pick up brass......

That's where most of my brass came from... You'd be surprised how much "once shot" stuff I found there -- even odd calibers - that are great for trading.....

Now I do 99 percent of my shooting at home. I have a pistol range right outside the back door - and up to 600 yard range out back.....

The great part of living in the boonies of Michigan..

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
17-05-2016, 12:46 AM
I've been shooting a lot lately and I need to get to reloading. I started with my favorite rifle today -- a .458 Win. Mag. -- and loaded some 400 grain Swift A-Frames. Tomorrow I will load some 400 grain Barnes originals for it. Then I will tackle the .358 STA and the .338 Win Mag. Obviously, I like big bore rifles. If the weather improves so I can get to the range [it's raining] I have lots of other guns to shoot with cartridges already loaded -- .308 Norma Mag, 7mm Rem. Mag., .270 Win., 45-70, and a whole bunch of other rifles. Big Grin