The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2016, 02:33 AM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
Quote:I am very partial to the Les Baer frames, I don't remember ever building off an STI but I may have, they run together.

Or my bucket list gun a GAU-8... You don't know where I could pick up an A-10 for cheap to mount one in do you?

I've built alot of race guns as well, I'm just partial to les baer...it's really just preference, apples to apples as far as I'm concerned. There are some wonky manufacturers on the market, but the differences between the quality products is negligible. And arguable, which a visit to any gun forum will prove. Smile

My wife and I just got back from a rather later night than we'd planned, and I have a doctors appointment in 5 hours :face palm: (I just had ventral hernia surgery ) Maybe tomorrow we can talk about building the perfect 1911 for duty use. I'm on extended house arrest following a fairly harrowing tension surgery, normally they do no tension repairs, but due to some other issues they had to squeeze me back together and repair me with some mesh, so one good sneeze and I'd literally explode, or something. Wheee! Plenty of time to chat on the forum, for awhile!

Not sure where to pick up a used A-10, but I flew F-5II's and F-15C's with the 65th TFAS out of Nellis, and we used to work with warthogs in red flag exercises. That is one bad-ass gun in a bad-ass flying tank of an aircraft. I wish I could have seen them operate in a combat environment, those boys had balls like grapefruit. Never tell an air-to-mud driver I admitted that, please.Blush

I could do some damage with 20mm depleted uranium, don't get me wrong...but that damned warthog is a FORCE on the battlefield.

Come to think of it, there are a bunch of A-10's just sitting there on Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson...it's hard to believe they'd notice if just ONE went missing...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2016, 06:08 AM
(01-08-2016 02:33 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:I am very partial to the Les Baer frames, I don't remember ever building off an STI but I may have, they run together.

Or my bucket list gun a GAU-8... You don't know where I could pick up an A-10 for cheap to mount one in do you?

I've built alot of race guns as well, I'm just partial to les baer...it's really just preference, apples to apples as far as I'm concerned. There are some wonky manufacturers on the market, but the differences between the quality products is negligible. And arguable, which a visit to any gun forum will prove. Smile

My wife and I just got back from a rather later night than we'd planned, and I have a doctors appointment in 5 hours :face palm: (I just had ventral hernia surgery ) Maybe tomorrow we can talk about building the perfect 1911 for duty use. I'm on extended house arrest following a fairly harrowing tension surgery, normally they do no tension repairs, but due to some other issues they had to squeeze me back together and repair me with some mesh, so one good sneeze and I'd literally explode, or something. Wheee! Plenty of time to chat on the forum, for awhile!

Not sure where to pick up a used A-10, but I flew F-5II's and F-15C's with the 65th TFAS out of Nellis, and we used to work with warthogs in red flag exercises. That is one bad-ass gun in a bad-ass flying tank of an aircraft. I wish I could have seen them operate in a combat environment, those boys had balls like grapefruit. Never tell an air-to-mud driver I admitted that, please.Blush

I could do some damage with 20mm depleted uranium, don't get me wrong...but that damned warthog is a FORCE on the battlefield.

Come to think of it, there are a bunch of A-10's just sitting there on Davis-Monthan AFB in Tucson...it's hard to believe they'd notice if just ONE went missing...

They'll probably be on the market soon enough, though we generally prefer to sell them to countries that will eventually force us to shoot them down.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
01-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Quote:They'll probably be on the market soon enough, though we generally prefer to sell them to countries that will eventually force us to shoot them down.

That has not escaped my attention...it's sort of a running joke that DAC is no longer required in the air force for this very reason. (Dissimilar aerial combat- without it, we would only fight the planes in our squadron, i.e. F-15 v F-15, etc. Fighting other models in simulation better prepares us for models we can't get our hands on, the latest MiG, etc...)
01-08-2016, 10:50 AM
Found you a transferable M134 minigun, Dark One. They say it is one of only about a dozen available for civilian ownership, and it can be yours for mere $285,000. Plus a tax stamp...

http://www.urban-armory.com/cart/proddet...od=minigun

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
01-08-2016, 11:55 AM
Just the thing you need - to go broke in a hurry....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
01-08-2016, 02:11 PM
(01-08-2016 10:50 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Found you a transferable M134 minigun, Dark One. They say it is one of only about a dozen available for civilian ownership, and it can be yours for mere $285,000. Plus a tax stamp...

Well, I can easily cover that!

The tax stamp, I mean...the asking price is way out of my league. No
01-08-2016, 03:33 PM
(01-08-2016 02:11 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 10:50 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Found you a transferable M134 minigun, Dark One. They say it is one of only about a dozen available for civilian ownership, and it can be yours for mere $285,000. Plus a tax stamp...

Well, I can easily cover that!

I had a boss years ago -- who bought an AT-6 after the war....

He said he'd work all month just to save up enough to fill the tank and go fly... (with 140 octane as I recall)....

With this gun -- same thing -- except you'd be done with your month's ration of ammo in 4 seconds...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
01-08-2016, 04:09 PM
(01-08-2016 03:33 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-08-2016 02:11 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Well, I can easily cover that!

I had a boss years ago -- who bought an AT-6 after the war....

He said he'd work all month just to save up enough to fill the tank and go fly... (with 140 octane as I recall)....

With this gun -- same thing -- except you'd be done with your month's ration of ammo in 4 seconds...

Big Grin

That's funny- I own an AT-6D. I used to own a '42 Stearman as well, but I sold it when I moved to Alaska. I still have the T-6, and will probably keep it forever- it's a rare bird, flown by WACs, it was never damaged, has never stopped flying for any length of time since it rolled off the assembly line.
I love the plane, but an average of 35 gallons per hour does get pricey. I don't fly as much as I'd like. I miss the Stearman, especially now that I'm back in Texas, but I'm not sure if it's the plane I miss or freaking out the tower by calling in as "Boeing 9599T" and listening to them trying to figure out what Boeing is coming in at 80 knots all of the sudden, lol. (Boeing built the Stearman, the primary trainer (big yellow and blue open cockpit biplane) for the US Army Air Corps before and during WWII)
01-08-2016, 04:29 PM
6000 rounds a minute at $0.30 a round is $30 a second. Yep. Pricey.

You could go the New manufacture Colt 1877 Bulldog Gatling Gun route. At about $60K (probably less if you shopped around) up front cost would be less. At a $1.50 a round for 45-70 ammo is more expensive per round, but at 1000 rounds a minute it's only $25 a second so it takes a few more seconds to go broke.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
01-08-2016, 05:15 PM
(01-08-2016 04:29 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  6000 rounds a minute at $0.30 a round is $30 a second. Yep. Pricey.

You could go the New manufacture Colt 1877 Bulldog Gatling Gun route. At about $60K (probably less if you shopped around) up front cost would be less. At a $1.50 a round for 45-70 ammo is more expensive per round, but at 1000 rounds a minute it's only $25 a second so it takes a few more seconds to go broke.

Where can I get some 7.62x51 for $0.30/round? I'd like a couple thousand rounds at that price. Steel-cased junk not wanted.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user