The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2016, 12:42 PM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
I've been trying to keep an eye out for a lightly used 16" Taylor's 1892 take down in 357. To date I haven't found one for an amount I'm willing to spend, but I haven't given up hope yet...

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2016, 02:25 PM
(08-08-2016 12:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 11:26 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  I'm in the hospital right now, I'll have to post a pic when I get out, but my dad left me this huge framed 6 shot revolver, in 454 casull. Looks a bit like a peacemaker on steroids. I don't know much about it, my father said he bought it years ago from a custom gunsmith who had built it for a customer who never picked it up. It's a handful and a half, for sure. Beautiful gun, if oddly proportioned.
Ever hear of anything like that?

Yup... Most likely a Magnum Research BFR (big fuckin' revolver) if it's older....

If newer - Ruger has the Super Blackhawk chambered in it...

errrp...

Just remembered -- the BFR is a 5 shot.... You sure it's 6???

And whatcha doing in the body shop??

I've shot the Super Redhawk in 454 -- in a word -- punishing.....

Yeah, I've seen the BFR, and have several blackhawks in .41 mag and redhawks in 44 mag. Tactically I'm a semi auto guy, but I do love a nice Resolver.

This thing is a custom piece, I don't know if it's built on an existing frame or not, but the only markings are the guy's name and an assigned serial number, and ".454 Casull" on the barrel. My dad died back in 87 so I'd have to break out the Ouija board to get a history on it. It's similar to the BFR, a bit, but it looks like an intentional peacemaker copy, just oversized. It was made by a gunsmith in Alpine, Texas.

I recently had hernia surgery, and somehow I developed an infection. Grrr...hate the hospital.

I did get into a fascinating debate with the hospital chaplain, who happens to be a knockout blonde, about atheism. She was surprisingly accepting. Kind of fun.
08-08-2016, 02:29 PM
(08-08-2016 02:25 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(08-08-2016 12:25 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yup... Most likely a Magnum Research BFR (big fuckin' revolver) if it's older....

If newer - Ruger has the Super Blackhawk chambered in it...

errrp...

Just remembered -- the BFR is a 5 shot.... You sure it's 6???

And whatcha doing in the body shop??

I've shot the Super Redhawk in 454 -- in a word -- punishing.....

Yeah, I've seen the BFR, and have several blackhawks in .41 mag and redhawks in 44 mag. Tactically I'm a semi auto guy, but I do love a nice Resolver.

This thing is a custom piece, I don't know if it's built on an existing frame or not, but the only markings are the guy's name and an assigned serial number, and ".454 Casull" on the barrel. My dad died back in 87 so I'd have to break out the Ouija board to get a history on it. It's similar to the BFR, a bit, but it looks like an intentional peacemaker copy, just oversized. It was made by a gunsmith in Alpine, Texas.

I recently had hernia surgery, and somehow I developed an infection. Grrr...hate the hospital.

I did get into a fascinating debate with the hospital chaplain, who happens to be a knockout blonde, about atheism. She was surprisingly accepting. Kind of fun.

Dunno then... But -- to go easy on the hands -- shoot 45 colt in it.....

Like 38's in a .357.....

I had a hernia surgery back in 1983... Not a lot of fun -- especially in an Air Farce hospital...... I only stayed one day.... Musta got lucky...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-08-2016, 02:24 AM
"Dunno then... But -- to go easy on the hands -- shoot 45 colt in it.....

Like 38's in a .357.....

I had a hernia surgery back in 1983... Not a lot of fun -- especially in an Air Farce hospital...... I only stayed one day.... Musta got lucky..."

I rarely shoot the thing, its more of a conversation piece. I have two metal gun cabinets where I keep things I want accessible, and two walk in safes where some guns, at best, get a once per year strip n clean. The casull revolver is definitely a "back corner of the safe" type gun. Still, it is interesting.

Ive spent my entire life in military hospitals...I'm having a tough time adjusting to the civilian mind set. In some ways you feel pampered and coddled, but it also feels less organized and almost slipshod. Hmmm. I had a bad ventral hernia, followed by a staph infection. Fun.
28-08-2016, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2016 06:50 PM by Full Circle.)
No doubt some of you know about this but have any of you attended OFASTS?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch...picks=true

“There were UZIs and M16s, Barrett .50-caliber rifles, WWII-era belt-fed Brownings, and even a Minigun—a giant, chair-mounted cylindrical device powered by a car battery”

I think I might want to fire that last one. Consider

Edit: found the actual site http://www.oklahomafullauto.com

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-08-2016, 07:08 PM
Firing a minigun would be fun, but I'm glad my unit doesn't have any. Cleaning the ones that only fire a few hundred rounds per minute is bad enough Tongue

'Murican Canadian
28-08-2016, 07:31 PM
(28-08-2016 07:08 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Firing a minigun would be fun, but I'm glad my unit doesn't have any. Cleaning the ones that only fire a few hundred rounds per minute is bad enough Tongue

In my defense I never said anything about cleaning it, only firing it. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
28-08-2016, 07:35 PM
"Enthusiasts only".....

Think about that word "Enthusiasts".....

Lots of Star Trek fans and Star War Fans are as "Enthusiastic" about their fetish as you are with guns. Difference is people are not dying everyday from being "enthusiastic" about Star Wars or Star Trek".

Don't argue about rights when you use language that denotes a hobby.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-08-2016, 07:46 PM
(28-08-2016 07:35 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  "Enthusiasts only".....

Lots of Star Trek fans and Star War Fans are as "Enthusiastic" about their fetish as you are with guns. Difference is people are not dying everyday from being "enthusiastic" about Star Wars or Star Trek".

In case you missed it.

(09-11-2015 05:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This is a thread for gun enthusiasts. Debate/opinion on guns isn't welcome.

If you want to debate guns, gun control or how crazy Americans are for how they target practice...start a thread or jump into ONE OF THE MANY threads we have in the politics section.

Thread Split.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid893163

28-08-2016, 08:28 PM
(28-08-2016 07:35 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  "Enthusiasts only".....

Just one thread where you don't jam your opinion, please. Tx