The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-08-2016, 11:26 PM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(28-08-2016 07:35 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  "Enthusiasts only".....

Think about that word "Enthusiasts".....

Lots of Star Trek fans and Star War Fans are as "Enthusiastic" about their fetish as you are with guns. Difference is people are not dying everyday from being "enthusiastic" about Star Wars or Star Trek".

Don't argue about rights when you use language that denotes a hobby.

[Image: 80WcAq3.gif]

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2016, 04:10 AM
Thats a great rhino pooping, yaki! It certainly had more interesting things to say than a certain brian37 who shall remain nameless...oops... Although the stench was similarLaughatLaughat
02-09-2016, 11:44 AM
Still working on our Pelican cases.

[Image: SOCxn8c.jpg]

[Image: fBBXXOc.jpg]

[Image: G480doz.jpg]

[Image: i4yls91.jpg]

[Image: nWn4t0M.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
02-09-2016, 12:25 PM
Brian just can't help himself....

I'm sure he blames the NRA.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-09-2016, 09:31 PM
(30-07-2016 10:33 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Let me know how it runs with the different types of ammo.

Finally got a chance to test fire my AR in .300 AAC. I built it more than a week ago, but only got it to the range today.

I pulled a red dot sight of of another AR and laser bore-sighted it. It was pretty close to zero - 3 inches low, 1 inch right 50 yards. I adjusted that and shot 50 rounds.

All three types of ammo grouped similarly and had essentially the same point of impact. The red dot is 3 MOA, so the groups weren't going to be real tight.

The 220 gr Remington OTFB (subsonic) was the gentlest to shoot. Both the 144 gr. Australian Munitions FMJ and 120 gr. Remington OTFB supersonic loads had some kick, though I expected that with the pistol-length gas system. Everything cycled fine.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-09-2016, 08:10 AM
(02-09-2016 11:44 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Still working on our Pelican cases.

[Image: SOCxn8c.jpg]

[Image: fBBXXOc.jpg]

[Image: G480doz.jpg]

[Image: i4yls91.jpg]

[Image: nWn4t0M.jpg]

Nice and neat! What kind of foam is that? Or is it even foam? Where I used to work, we had some kind of plastic, but that was for tools, not firearms.
05-09-2016, 11:35 AM
(05-09-2016 08:10 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Nice and neat! What kind of foam is that? Or is it even foam? Where I used to work, we had some kind of plastic, but that was for tools, not firearms.

It's 4 lb. cross linked polyethylene foam. Water proof and resistant to many solvents. The 4 lb. density is probably denser that what would be optimal for this application, but we have a a bunch of it left over from a previous project where we kitted helicopter transmission parts prior to assembly.

[Image: ljMOZAd.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
05-09-2016, 11:42 AM
(05-09-2016 11:35 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 08:10 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Nice and neat! What kind of foam is that? Or is it even foam? Where I used to work, we had some kind of plastic, but that was for tools, not firearms.

It's 4 lb. cross linked polyethylene foam. Water proof and resistant to many solvents. The 4 lb. density is probably denser that what would be optimal for this application, but we have a a bunch of it left over from a previous project where we kitted helicopter transmission parts prior to assembly.

[Image: ljMOZAd.jpg]

I agree, that is a great setup. I have taken aluminum rectangular guitar cases and put a high density foam in them, then razor-bladed places for three M4's to snuggle, and it works great. But you have a very clean and tight fit there...that is a very marketable product, if you were so inclined. ShockingBig Grin
05-09-2016, 11:44 AM

#sigh
05-09-2016, 11:46 AM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2016 11:50 AM by The Dark One.)
hmm..double posting and will not delete. Sorry! Huh