The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(08-11-2016 06:41 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Forgot the 300 blackout...

Oops, me too. Facepalm I only recently built a .300 Blk AR.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 05:40 AM
Safe bet -- in about 6 months or so -- you're going to see a sale on .22 LR ammo.....

And, it'll be a good time to buy some gun manufacturer stock......

Had it gone to Clinton -- not so much....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Tomorrow is my niece's 24th birthday.

I'm giving her this ---

[Image: S-32-L.jpg]

A .32 S+W Long - 3rd gen hand ejector.

It was her great-grandfather's.

Got a few hundred rounds for it too.

I've shot some pretty amazing groups with it at 25 feet - it'll group under a few inches all day -- on point of aim.

Not bad for a revolver almost 100 years old.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
30-11-2016, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2016 08:51 AM by yakherder.)
Started doing some research after hearing that the marines will be putting to use a limited number of OSS suppressors and, well, I couldn't resist.

Damn thing cost me three times the price of the carbine I'm gonna put it on, and I'll have to add about 4 hours to my monthly Vermont drive to pick it up this Friday. But it's done Sadcryface2

Quote:"What you have designed...that you can'€™t quite articulate...is basically a jet engine in reverse. Not only will that work for suppression, it will work phenomenally!"

- Lawrence Livermore Labs

Now the thought has me fantasizing about finding a .338 I can fit one on. But that'll have to be next year's ridiculously overpriced Christmas present to myself given that the .338 suppressors are both not available yet and will probably be more expensive than the .556 suppressors. And so much for cheap ammo if I go that route.

'Murican Canadian
30-11-2016, 09:03 AM
Just got offered 17 box of .50 cal. ammo. Somebody wants to make trinkets out of the brass and decided the fastest way to empty them would through-the-barrel.

We rock and roll this weekend. (All with the county mounties who have my piece right now, of course.) Tongue
30-11-2016, 09:11 AM
(30-11-2016 09:03 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Just got offered 17 box of .50 cal. ammo. Somebody wants to make trinkets out of the brass and decided the fastest way to empty them would through-the-barrel.

We rock and roll this weekend. (All with the county mounties who have my piece right now, of course.) Tongue

Well, I'm jealous. I won't get a chance to get on the .50 until March. But that'll be a 3 week course with lots and lots of shooting and, with any luck, a demolitions refresher. The fact that our leadership is worried about being embarrassed when we start doing joint training with 10th in light of our recent Guard / active duty merger will work to our advantage as far as training opportunities are concerned Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
03-01-2017, 07:31 AM
I've noted one consequence of the Trump camp winning.....

They've now got ammunition at Walmart......

All the "Fear Hillary" hoarders have quit stocking up....

They've even got some 22 shells.....

They're gonna be real disappointed when Trump signs all the anti-gun shit that comes across his desk.....

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-01-2017, 09:59 AM
Just picked this up on a trade yesterday. 14.5" light weight barrel with a pinned and welded brake that brings the barrel length up to a little over 16" and makes it legal without a tax stamp. Mostly Bravo Company parts on an Anderson lower. According to my kitchen scale it's right at 6.5 lbs after I added the Aimpoint and front sight. It still needs a rear sight, and I'll probably replace the trigger. I think I'll try a LaRue MBT-2S this time. The Wheeler 110 piece gunsmith screwdriver set in the picture was a Xmas present this year.

[Image: OdP8xq6.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
03-01-2017, 10:24 AM
(10-11-2016 03:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Tomorrow is my niece's 24th birthday.

I'm giving her this ---

I've shot some pretty amazing groups with it at 25 feet - it'll group under a few inches all day -- on point of aim.

I decided a while back to thin the herd of a few safe queens because I was running out space. One of them was a Remington 700 SPS tactical 308. I traded it for a pair of 16" PSA AR-15. Since that just made the situation worse I decided to give both the PSA guns to my significant other's daughter and her fiancee. They got a 50 cal can containing 240 rounds M855, 8 magazines, a stripper clip and guide, a cleaning kit, some ear plugs, two pairs of cheap shooting glasses plus another box of 150 rounds of M193 and the two guns. They were pretty damn happy about it.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
03-01-2017, 04:18 PM
(03-01-2017 10:24 AM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(10-11-2016 03:27 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Tomorrow is my niece's 24th birthday.

I'm giving her this ---

I decided a while back to thin the herd of a few safe queens because I was running out space. One of them was a Remington 700 SPS tactical 308. I traded it for a pair of 16" PSA AR-15. Since that just made the situation worse I decided to give both the PSA guns to my significant other's daughter and her fiancee. They got a 50 cal can containing 240 rounds M855, 8 magazines, a stripper clip and guide, a cleaning kit, some ear plugs, two pairs of cheap shooting glasses plus another box of 150 rounds of M193 and the two guns. They were pretty damn happy about it.

I've got some room in my gun safe. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post