The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2017, 10:55 PM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(19-01-2017 10:50 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  News of the day is that after 10 years of pain and mucho money the US army has selected the Sig P320 as their new handgun. I've certainly enjoyed my P320 compact 45 so I won't be complaining about the choice.

Yeah our officers are super excited Tongue. Bout time for the M9 to go.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2017, 11:22 PM
(19-01-2017 10:55 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 10:50 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  News of the day is that after 10 years of pain and mucho money the US army has selected the Sig P320 as their new handgun. I've certainly enjoyed my P320 compact 45 so I won't be complaining about the choice.

Yeah our officers are super excited Tongue. Bout time for the M9 to go.

I don't have a P320, but I do have a P226. I like the P226, but I like the Beretta 92 more. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-01-2017, 06:49 AM
(19-01-2017 11:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 10:55 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Yeah our officers are super excited Tongue. Bout time for the M9 to go.

I don't have a P320, but I do have a P226. I like the P226, but I like the Beretta 92 more. Consider

The 92 is fine, but I like the extra thump of the 96....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
20-01-2017, 03:26 PM
(20-01-2017 06:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-01-2017 11:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  I don't have a P320, but I do have a P226. I like the P226, but I like the Beretta 92 more. Consider

The 92 is fine, but I like the extra thump of the 96....

Big Grin

I have two sets of slide/barrel/magazine for the P226: 9mm and .40S&W.

It was originally a .40 and I bought the 9mm conversion kit for it.
There is also a .22LR kit for it, but since I've already got one of those for the Beretta I think it would be a bit redundant.

20-01-2017, 05:05 PM
Nice thing -- (and not many people know this ) -- the 9mm mag will work with .40S+W and vice versa.........

I've got a Brigadier Elite (The IDPA race gun - no safety) that I picked up from a guy who bought it to compete --- then never did. So he sold it.

Apparently money wasn't an issue with this guy. I got it with less than 100 rounds through it - near perfect condition -- for $300....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-01-2017, 06:13 PM
(20-01-2017 05:05 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Nice thing -- (and not many people know this ) -- the 9mm mag will work with .40S+W and vice versa.........

I've got a Brigadier Elite (The IDPA race gun - no safety) that I picked up from a guy who bought it to compete --- then never did. So he sold it.

Apparently money wasn't an issue with this guy. I got it with less than 100 rounds through it - near perfect condition -- for $300....

Big Grin

That sounds like arms robbery to me. Shocking

24-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Woo hoo!

Henry Repeating Arms has announced that their lever-action rifle and carbine are now available in .327 Federal Magnum. Ima gonna get one to go with my .327 revolver. Yes

I had all but given up hope that anyone would do this, but it may be that since Ruger has a single action revolver in .327, Henry saw a market for this caliber among cowboy action shooters.

04-03-2017, 04:56 PM
A friend showed up yesterday and he had a new shotgun he's picked up. The price was right, so I went and picked one up.

Only available at Walmart. Apparently they bought up the entire production run.

Hatfield SAS. 12 gauge autoloader. Pretty nice fit and finish. Very nice walnut stock. Made in Turkey.

I tried it out today. Flawless function. Feels quite good. Hits what it's supposed to.

Price?

$226.

Unreal....

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-03-2017, 09:51 PM
(04-03-2017 04:56 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A friend showed up yesterday and he had a new shotgun he's picked up. The price was right, so I went and picked one up.

Hatfield SAS. 12 gauge autoloader. Pretty nice fit and finish. Very nice walnut stock. Made in Turkey.

I tried it out today. Flawless function. Feels quite good. Hits what it's supposed to.

Price?

$226.

Unreal....

Any idea what kind of choke tubes it uses?

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
05-03-2017, 05:21 AM
(04-03-2017 09:51 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 04:56 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  A friend showed up yesterday and he had a new shotgun he's picked up. The price was right, so I went and picked one up.

Price?

$226.

Unreal....

Any idea what kind of choke tubes it uses?

It comes with three thread-ins.. Full, modified and improved..