The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2017, 06:09 PM
I just bought a S&W 380 Bodyguard. It's a tiny pocket pistol. I normally don't expect much out of a pocket pistol but this one impresses me.

I can quick draw and rapid fire 6 rounds in the size of a head at 7 yards.
I can slow fire at 25 yards and put them in the same size group. That's not bad for a tiny gun.

It eats all kind of ammo too. I had to put a heavier spring in my Ruger LCP to get it to feed wide mouth hollow points to my satisfaction. If you are considering a tiny pistol I highly recommend this one. You can get it with a laser sight also.

[Image: b598dbd9ea2ee078abffe419e7acc3ba.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2017, 06:55 PM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(16-04-2017 06:09 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I just bought a S&W 380 Bodyguard. It's a tiny pocket pistol. I normally don't expect much out of a pocket pistol but this one impresses me.

I can quick draw and rapid fire 6 rounds in the size of a head at 7 yards.
I can slow fire at 25 yards and put them in the same size group. That's not bad for a tiny gun.

It eats all kind of ammo too. I had to put a heavier spring in my Ruger LCP to get it to feed wide mouth hollow points to my satisfaction. If you are considering a tiny pistol I highly recommend this one. You can get it with a laser sight also.

[Image: b598dbd9ea2ee078abffe419e7acc3ba.jpg]

I may look at one...

But...

When considering ammo for short barrel ccw type weapons.....

Why hollow point jacketed?????

The whole point of hollow point ammo is to prevent overpenetration - which isn't an issue in low powered handguns...

Do the research - and look at the numbers....

A lead bullet ( not jacketed) will have more velocity (in comperable bullet weights) than a jacketed composite bullet. , (copper/lead)..

More velocity means more ft/lbs of energy....

Plus - lead expands just fine...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-04-2017, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2017 07:18 PM by SYZ.)
(16-04-2017 06:55 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The whole point of hollow point ammo is to prevent overpenetration - which isn't an issue in low powered handguns...

And, shall we say, enlarge the damage zone somewhat LOL. We used to call them dum dums. And even impressing a cross into the lead with a bayonet can have some effect at shorter ranges.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
16-04-2017, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2017 07:42 PM by KUSA.)
(16-04-2017 06:55 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I may look at one...

But...

When considering ammo for short barrel ccw type weapons.....

Why hollow point jacketed?????

The whole point of hollow point ammo is to prevent overpenetration - which isn't an issue in low powered handguns...

Do the research - and look at the numbers....

A lead bullet ( not jacketed) will have more velocity (in comperable bullet weights) than a jacketed composite bullet. , (copper/lead)..

More velocity means more ft/lbs of energy....

Plus - lead expands just fine...

Actually, the harder it is to initially push the bullet into the lands the more initial pressure builds up resulting in more velocity. This is more noticed in short barrels as they don't always burn all the powder like a long barrel would.

Also, the jacket controls the expansion and fragmentation to deliver all of the energy in the body. Contrary to popular belief, the 380 has plenty of power to push ball ammo right through someone.

I'm sure a solid lead bullet would do just fine but I don't see them on the market.
16-04-2017, 08:49 PM
Buffalo Bore loads a lead flat nose 380. They'll be pricey though. SG Ammo has 50 Gold Dots for $19.95.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/380-auto-a...ammo-23606

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
17-04-2017, 03:23 PM
(16-04-2017 08:49 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Buffalo Bore loads a lead flat nose 380. They'll be pricey though. SG Ammo has 50 Gold Dots for $19.95.

The Gold Dot is what I run in mine.

I bought some Buffalo Bore several years ago and ran it in the LCP. That stuff is too hot for a 9 ounce pistol.
17-04-2017, 07:22 PM
(17-04-2017 03:23 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(16-04-2017 08:49 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Buffalo Bore loads a lead flat nose 380. They'll be pricey though. SG Ammo has 50 Gold Dots for $19.95.

The Gold Dot is what I run in mine.

I bought some Buffalo Bore several years ago and ran it in the LCP. That stuff is too hot for a 9 ounce pistol.

I've got about 1400 rounds of 9mm and 45 gold dots in the cabinet, but for the last few years I've been buying Federal HST. The nickel cases on the HST's can sit in a magazine for a lot longer without the corrosion issues you get with a brass case that's been handled.

[Image: cabinet_zpsfnwybhag.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
17-04-2017, 07:56 PM
(17-04-2017 07:22 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  
(17-04-2017 03:23 PM)KUSA Wrote:  The Gold Dot is what I run in mine.

I've got about 1400 rounds of 9mm and 45 gold dots in the cabinet, but for the last few years I've been buying Federal HST. The nickel cases on the HST's can sit in a magazine for a lot longer without the corrosion issues you get with a brass case that's been handled.

[Image: cabinet_zpsfnwybhag.jpg]

Is that a HAZMAT storage cabinet? Double entendre, if so.
17-04-2017, 07:59 PM
I see that H335. That's some good stuff for pushing .223 bullets.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
17-04-2017, 08:00 PM
(17-04-2017 07:56 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Is that a HAZMAT storage cabinet? Double entendre, if so.

Double walled flammable material...

[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post