The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 09:50 AM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(14-06-2017 10:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 05:32 AM)Chas Wrote:  RWS makes their base model .177 for about $150. Ruger sells an RWS with Ruger label for $149. You can usually get these for less at a big box store.

These are 1000+ fps .177 cal single shot. My brother and I used one to end a rat infestation.
One shot, one kill.

Just ordered this one.

I wasn't aware Ruger was doing airguns.

But, if they are willing to stick their name on it, I would count on it being quality.

Everything I've ever owned Ruger was, and is. (6 currently).

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2017, 10:10 AM
At work.

Perusing I interwebz and just found out there is only one Pancor Jackhammer in existance.

A developmental prototype with no production/working types in existence.

I am amazed. Is an interesting piece of technology.
15-06-2017, 07:59 PM
(15-06-2017 08:27 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 10:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Just ordered this one.

Holy crap! I was thinking gecko sized. That looks more like something from a scifi flick. I'd be using .22 Short Rifle rounds. They're subsonic, so you don't get that sharp report like you get from Long Rifle or Magnum rounds.

Dynamite was the first thing that came to mind as I pondered how to get rid of them. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-06-2017, 08:02 PM
(15-06-2017 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 10:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Just ordered this one.

I wasn't aware Ruger was doing airguns.

But, if they are willing to stick their name on it, I would count on it being quality.

If you’re interested I can give you a report after I take it out for spin.
I sold my Ruger .22 rifle years ago, should have kept it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
15-06-2017, 08:06 PM
(15-06-2017 07:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 08:27 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Holy crap! I was thinking gecko sized. That looks more like something from a scifi flick. I'd be using .22 Short Rifle rounds. They're subsonic, so you don't get that sharp report like you get from Long Rifle or Magnum rounds.

Dynamite was the first thing that came to mind as I pondered how to get rid of them. Smile

Lol. A bit overkill...

The 177 should work well... Just take care about backstop.... The .177 at 1000 fps will go clean through a 2x4.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-06-2017, 08:07 PM
(15-06-2017 08:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I wasn't aware Ruger was doing airguns.

If you’re interested I can give you a report after I take it out for spin.
I sold my Ruger .22 rifle years ago, should have kept it.

Yeah let me know how it goes.. I could use a second airgun.,

15-06-2017, 08:27 PM
I do have an old pump pellet rifle, but I'm not convinced that it would deal with those things. I can get a .3" group at 30 feet with it, but that's on a stationary target. Now, if you could run some sort of steel pellets through an AirSoft rifle...
15-06-2017, 08:48 PM
I used to own a shotgun

True story.

It was a Winchester 12 gauge, from the 20s.

Really used to fight gangsters and crap.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-06-2017, 09:25 PM
A couple weeks ago my girlfriend's father randomly mentioned that he had a rifle that his grandfather had given him that he'd been keeping in the attic and had only taken it out of the case once when he was registering it after inheriting it and he was thinking about selling it and getting a new rifle for hunting. At the time, he'd forgot what kind it was. I was like don't you dare take it to a shop before showing it to me first. Last weekend he shows up with a 1909 Savage. A few scuff marks on the stock but otherwise in very good condition.

I have a soft spot for old lever actions, probably since my first gun as a kid was a '94 Winchester. Not so much for practicality, but they're just fun to shoot.

'Murican Canadian
16-06-2017, 09:50 AM
(15-06-2017 09:25 PM)yakherder Wrote:  A couple weeks ago my girlfriend's father randomly mentioned that he had a rifle that his grandfather had given him that he'd been keeping in the attic and had only taken it out of the case once when he was registering it after inheriting it and he was thinking about selling it and getting a new rifle for hunting. At the time, he'd forgot what kind it was. I was like don't you dare take it to a shop before showing it to me first. Last weekend he shows up with a 1909 Savage. A few scuff marks on the stock but otherwise in very good condition.

I have a soft spot for old lever actions, probably since my first gun as a kid was a '94 Winchester. Not so much for practicality, but they're just fun to shoot.

The 12 gauge...I fired it once. It was supposed to be plugged to only hold 3 (shells/bullets) but it still held 5.

Knocked me on my ass. Practically dislocated my shoulder.

I ended up donating it to a museum.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces