The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2017, 05:14 AM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(15-06-2017 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 10:18 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Just ordered this one.

I wasn't aware Ruger was doing airguns.

But, if they are willing to stick their name on it, I would count on it being quality.

Everything I've ever owned Ruger was, and is. (6 currently).

When my brother had that rat problem we went to a big box sporting goods store and got him that scoped Ruger for under $100.
It looked identical to my RWS, so I think they are just re-badged guns. In any case, it is a good air rifle.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2017, 06:16 AM
(17-06-2017 05:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 09:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I wasn't aware Ruger was doing airguns.

But, if they are willing to stick their name on it, I would count on it being quality.

Everything I've ever owned Ruger was, and is. (6 currently).

When my brother had that rat problem we went to a big box sporting goods store and got him that scoped Ruger for under $100.
It looked identical to my RWS, so I think they are just re-badged guns. In any case, it is a good air rifle.

Like my collection of J.C. Higgins 20-12, 12 gauge pumps, which are store branded ( for Sears + Roebuck) - but are really High Standard model 200s.

Store branded guns are great - same gun for usually half the money...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
22-06-2017, 04:48 PM
Two iguanas down, scope unusable, had to get within 20 feet.

In other news Canadian sniper is said to have hit a target at 3,540 yards or 2+ miles Shocking

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/chec...2bd3d18b65

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-06-2017, 07:20 PM
(22-06-2017 04:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Two iguanas down, scope unusable, had to get within 20 feet.

In other news Canadian sniper is said to have hit a target at 3,540 yards or 2+ miles Shocking

Yakherder posted that elsewhere, here. It's a problem of geometric probability. I'd like to know how many shots taken at that range missed (not just by this guy). [/mathematician who shoots rifles]
23-06-2017, 04:45 AM
(22-06-2017 07:20 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(22-06-2017 04:48 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Two iguanas down, scope unusable, had to get within 20 feet.

Yakherder posted that elsewhere, here. It's a problem of geometric probability. I'd like to know how many shots taken at that range missed (not just by this guy). [/mathematician who shoots rifles]

If I had to guess I'd say he probably didn't even see the guy when he took the shot. More like some Iraqi infantry dude telling him 3rd widow from the left and a spotter telling him 2 meters down and 8 meters to the right from your last shot.

'Murican Canadian
23-06-2017, 05:10 AM
(23-06-2017 04:45 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If I had to guess I'd say he probably didn't even see the guy when he took the shot. More like some Iraqi infantry dude telling him 3rd widow from the left and a spotter telling him 2 meters down and 8 meters to the right from your last shot.

That seems to be the consensus.

From Canadian Special Operations sniper shoots Daesh fighter from 3.5 kilometres away:

Quote:“While the shot was possible with the outstanding ballistic properties of a match .50 (inch) projectile, a conventional rifle scope would make seeing the target at that range almost impossible, and it may be likely that the sniper team had some form of assistance either from an extremely advanced rifle scope or an overhead drone,” McAllister said. “There is also a chance that the sniper couldn’t exactly see the target or the impacts, but a spotter with an advanced optical device was able to verbally walk the sniper onto the target and correct his aim.”
23-06-2017, 05:43 AM
I am also replacing the standard pellets with GAMO Red Fire Pellets with a polymer tip that are said to have a higher impact and expansion.

We’ll see.

Plan B. Get one of these as a pet because what could possibly go wrong with this?

[Image: Spectacled-caiman-with-green-iguana-prey.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
01-07-2017, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2017 08:50 AM by yakherder.)
Barely been out a month and I'm feeling all nostalgic. They were recently at Fort Drum doing vehicle gunnery, and it looks like our first female scout was being stalked by public affairs lol.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
09-10-2017, 04:15 PM
What with all the screaming and yelling about guns.....

I was getting some tire work done, and the shop also carries guns ......

They had a couple items on special....

I couldn't resist.

Picked up a Ruger LCR 380. $200 nib. American made.

How can you go wrong.

Got it home and tried it out. 5 inch groups @ 25 feet one handed. Flawless feed.
Reasonable but long pull trigger.

You just can't go wrong with a Ruger.

Smile
It even came with a pocket holster!

Thumbsup

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-10-2017, 04:55 PM
(09-10-2017 04:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What with all the screaming and yelling about guns.....

I was getting some tire work done, and the shop also carries guns ......

They had a couple items on special....

I couldn't resist.

Picked up a Ruger LCR 380. $200 nib. American made.

How can you go wrong.

Got it home and tried it out. 5 inch groups @ 25 feet one handed. Flawless feed.
Reasonable but long pull trigger.

You just can't go wrong with a Ruger.

Smile
It even came with a pocket holster!

Thumbsup

That's a bargain. Yes

Here I am home from the club with my newest trap gun, a Browning Citori 725.

[Image: TrapGun.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post