The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-10-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: The gun thread. Enthusiasts only.
(09-10-2017 04:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 04:15 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  What with all the screaming and yelling about guns.....

I was getting some tire work done, and the shop also carries guns ......

They had a couple items on special....

I couldn't resist.

Picked up a Ruger LCR 380. $200 nib. American made.

How can you go wrong.

Got it home and tried it out. 5 inch groups @ 25 feet one handed. Flawless feed.
Reasonable but long pull trigger.

You just can't go wrong with a Ruger.

Smile
It even came with a pocket holster!

Thumbsup

That's a bargain. Yes

Here I am home from the club with my newest trap gun, a Browning Citori 725.

[Image: TrapGun.jpg]

Sweet!!!!

Outta my price range though...

By a decimal point or so...

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2017, 09:09 PM
I've been collecting parts for this one for a few of months. The barrel was the last thing I needed and it came in the mail today. It's purpose-built for 3-gun. 4.85 lbs without the optic and irons. 5.46 lbs with them.

[Image: W38zfoy.jpg]

Here is the parts list.

[Image: 8pQiJl0.jpg]

I could get it down to under 5 lbs for the whole package if I wanted to with the judicious application of another $400.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
07-11-2017, 01:50 AM
(06-11-2017 09:09 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I've been collecting parts for this one for a few of months. The barrel was the last thing I needed and it came in the mail today. It's purpose-built for 3-gun. 4.85 lbs without the optic and irons. 5.46 lbs with them.

Here is the parts list.

I could get it down to under 5 lbs for the whole package if I wanted to with the judicious application of another $400.

I've been invited to try 3-gun when it starts up again in the spring. I'll need to get a magazine extension for the Rem. 870. I've built some ARs but weight was not a big consideration. Is it important to have it light in a 3-gun?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2017, 05:58 AM
(07-11-2017 01:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-11-2017 09:09 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  I've been collecting parts for this one for a few of months. The barrel was the last thing I needed and it came in the mail today. It's purpose-built for 3-gun. 4.85 lbs without the optic and irons. 5.46 lbs with them.

Here is the parts list.

I've been invited to try 3-gun when it starts up again in the spring. I'll need to get a magazine extension for the Rem. 870. I've built some ARs but weight was not a big consideration. Is it important to have it light in a 3-gun?

There are different schools of thought, but that's the way a lot of the folks I shoot with have been going. I've shot a couple of their lightweights and liked them. Easier to hold and quicker to move. What I'm really liking so far about this setup is the Trijicon MRO on the lower 1/3 mount. The objective lens is bigger than an Aimpoint Micro and sitting 1/4" higher on the mount gives me an easier to repeat cheek weld.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]