The hash out thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2012, 01:07 PM
RE: The hash out thread
This thread is already derailed so much, so I'm going to bring this up. I once heard that anything funny is always at the expense of someone/ something. I wonder how true that is. So far I have found it pretty true, no matter how innocent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
01-08-2012, 01:15 PM
Trainspotting was the best movie ever! It hit a home run for me.

As to your intentions I do wonder too why you would want to be on this site. I am not judging you KC or your motives. I got a good thrashing when I started up on this site and didn't understand how anyone who was a Christian would ever want to be on a Atheist site other than to spam it or just to cause trouble. Later I have learned to tolerate some of the people. People like yourself are a stand up kind of a guy. I totally disagree with you on so much but I understand where you are coming from. Their has been other people on here I thought should have been thrown off just like the Christian sites do to Atheist. i would say the names to them but anyone who has been on here for some time knows who I am talking about. Their ideas are way out there even for Christians. I would place them with God hates fags. I find them so disgusting word cant describe how I feel. We have had our own harsh words in the past but never took it to a personal level. I tried to keep it that way with you. I may have came very close to the line and have my regrets for it. I am getting more out of this than I can ever put into it. As long as you keep a open mind and try to learn something KC stay on here. Once you have closed your mind and shut the door to learning anything new then it would be time for you to go. You would then only be here to spam here.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 3 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I forgot about your wife. Maybe allot of people are jealous of the woman you have and the love you share with her. I'm just saying!

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
[+] 1 user Likes N.E.OhioAtheist's post
01-08-2012, 01:22 PM
(01-08-2012 01:15 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  Once you have closed your mind and shut the door to learning anything new then it would be time for you to go.

Smile That's pretty much it. I will add that everyone who comes here teaches the others something too, even if they're trolls. You can't *not* leave an impact...

Kumbaya Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-08-2012, 02:30 PM
I've not been as active or as-long as many of you in this forum, so perhaps I just haven't noticed it before, but lately there seems to be an awful lot of whining about hurt feelings, calling posts inappropriate, don't be offensive, let's all be friends etc. and so on. That's fine for others - to each their own. Personally, I'm here to play hardball with theists. I want to provoke them by connecting the dots on their own logic. I want to offend them by pointing out the conclusions of their beliefs. I want to point out the stupidity of their positions and give them no quarter. I hate the believer mindset. Reason is our greatest development as a species and the source of all of our advancements, yet believers willingly hand over their reasoning to a huckster and are proud of their mental delusions. They cause endless misery and slow down the progress of society.

Theists, if I've ever offended you, good. If I haven't, just wait.

Atheists, if that makes me inappropriate for this forum, just let me know and I'm gone.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
01-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Someone said "hash out," I'm thinking hash. And I go Blink

Is this the "rag on each other" thread? Red Celt struck me as an arrogant pretentious prick. There you go. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
01-08-2012, 02:46 PM
(01-08-2012 02:30 PM)Jeff Wrote:  I've not been as active or as-long as many of you in this forum, so perhaps I just haven't noticed it before, but lately there seems to be an awful lot of whining about hurt feelings, calling posts inappropriate, don't be offensive, let's all be friends etc. and so on. That's fine for others - to each their own. Personally, I'm here to play hardball with theists. I want to provoke them by connecting the dots on their own logic. I want to offend them by pointing out the conclusions of their beliefs. I want to point out the stupidity of their positions and give them no quarter. I hate the believer mindset. Reason is our greatest development as a species and the source of all of our advancements, yet believers willingly hand over their reasoning to a huckster and are proud of their mental delusions. They cause endless misery and slow down the progress of society.

Theists, if I've ever offended you, good. If I haven't, just wait.

Atheists, if that makes me inappropriate for this forum, just let me know and I'm gone.

I don't think challenging beliefs has been the issue. The issue at hand is those who try to shut up other people and even chase them off because they have a different worldview. As far as I'm concerned, you can mock someone's beliefs, but making personal attacks against someone just because they disagree with you is downright rude and even moronic. I mock Calvinism when the thought occurs to me, but anything I say personally to KC is joking around with a bud, and I like to think he understands the difference in my intentions. Saying that we don't want Theists around here is not the intention of this forum and I think it would be a pretty boring place if we all agreed. Unless everyone agrees 100% with me...then it would be a pretty rockin' place!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
01-08-2012, 02:46 PM
(01-08-2012 02:43 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Someone said "hash out," I'm thinking hash. And I go Blink

Is this the "rag on each other" thread? Red Celt struck me as an arrogant pretentious prick. There you go. Angel

I know, I showed up with a big gulp and a bag of Doritos for some after hash enjoyment and I get KC being all adult and trying to maintain some semblance of order....what's up with that?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
01-08-2012, 02:49 PM
There's a line and it's in the rules section. If you read that it might help you.

Also I've never understood the idea of active dickery. I am some kind of passive dick who sometimes loses it actively, but I have never grasped the idea that someone gets up and says " hello world, I'm a complete asshole on every level." I can only assume that the people who pull that kind of shit online are also the same people who park in two spaces, cut in line, talk loudly on cell phones in a resturaunt, and call their SO names to feel superior. These are the same kinda of people I used to take my dickery out on.

Why not wake up with the plan of being generous? No one is perfect and we all have days, but to do it purposefully all the time is to wear the golden necklace of douchebag.

If you wear it proudly you may also be dumb.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like lucradis's post