The healing power of Magnets

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2015, 01:39 PM
RE: The healing power of Magnets
Some massage places put hot rocks on places that hurt - and that does work. The heat alone does too, just go home and put a heating pad where it hurts. The rocks add pressure through their weight.

The vaporub up the nose works too - it's eucalyptus and/or mint doing that, clears the airways. So does cayenne pepper (or other really hot peppers) and horse radish, ingested.

There are quite a few of the old remedies that do help alleviate symptoms - I haven't heard of any that heal.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2015, 03:11 PM
(13-01-2015 01:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  Some massage places put hot rocks on places that hurt - and that does work. The heat alone does too, just go home and put a heating pad where it hurts. The rocks add pressure through their weight.

The vaporub up the nose works too - it's eucalyptus and/or mint doing that, clears the airways. So does cayenne pepper (or other really hot peppers) and horse radish, ingested.

There are quite a few of the old remedies that do help alleviate symptoms - I haven't heard of any that heal.

Hot and Sour soup. It is magic. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2015, 03:12 PM
what about the healing power of magneto?

[Image: Magneto1024768.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-01-2015, 03:23 PM
(13-01-2015 01:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  The vaporub up the nose works too - it's eucalyptus and/or mint doing that, clears the airways.

Are you saying my mother isn’t all that crazy? That’s crazy talk! Tongue

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-01-2015, 03:48 PM
(13-01-2015 03:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 01:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  The vaporub up the nose works too - it's eucalyptus and/or mint doing that, clears the airways.

Are you saying my mother isn’t all that crazy? That’s crazy talk! Tongue

I have no idea about the level of craziness she displays - but the Vick's works. Eucalyptus and mint work - you find them in many over the counter cold remedies.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-01-2015, 07:59 PM
(13-01-2015 01:39 PM)Dom Wrote:  Some massage places put hot rocks on places that hurt - and that does work. The heat alone does too, just go home and put a heating pad where it hurts. The rocks add pressure through their weight.

Some massage places also get the rocks off.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
13-01-2015, 08:25 PM
(13-01-2015 07:59 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

Some massage places also get the rocks off.

[Image: 0ffd5c360d17254003d49e3777d063bdbeb4bcc8...ee1be6.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post