The health plan vote

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: The health plan vote
(24-03-2017 05:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, I heard they say now: "if you like Obamacare you can keep Obamacare"

bwahahaha ... now that's just fucking funny. Alla made a joke. Big Grin

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-03-2017, 05:35 PM
(24-03-2017 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 05:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, I heard they say now: "if you like Obamacare you can keep Obamacare"

bwahahaha ... now that's just fucking funny. Alla made a joke. Big Grin

I heard this joke. I also found it funny. So, I wanted to share someone's joke.
Aren't you disappointed in the Republicans? I am.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
24-03-2017, 05:39 PM
(24-03-2017 05:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  Aren't you disappointed in the Republicans? I am.

No.

And I'm not even American. It's a great day for an estimated 25 millions who don't end up without coverage. Though they probably won't even notice.
24-03-2017, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 24-03-2017 06:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-03-2017 05:35 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 05:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  bwahahaha ... now that's just fucking funny. Alla made a joke. Big Grin

I heard this joke. I also found it funny. So, I wanted to share someone's joke.
Aren't you disappointed in the Republicans? I am.

Yes. They had 7 years to get their act together. It was all just bluster and fearmongering to get elected and I think everyone is starting to see that. If they don't start working with Democrats to fix the problems they're gonna be laughed at again when Obamacare doesn't collapse after they been running around like Chicken Little.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-03-2017, 06:09 PM
(24-03-2017 05:32 PM)julep Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 05:29 PM)abaris Wrote:  To fail there. He's got nothing to his record by now. His muslim immigration ban, failure. Repealing ACA, failure. Where do you guess he will fail next?

Tax reform.

Followed by infrastructure.

Don't forget the wall
[Image: stock-photo-grungy-broken-concrete-wall-83130520.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
24-03-2017, 06:16 PM
Trump disappointed House conservatives blocked healthcare bill

Quote:President Donald Trump said on Friday that he was disappointed that a conservative faction in the House of Representatives blocked his healthcare legislation and said "we learned a lot about loyalty" from the effort.

Facepalm

Their loyalty is not supposed to be to the president or the party, asshole. They were probably acting more out of fear of losing their next election than loyalty to their oaths of office but at least they had the strength to stand up against a bad bill.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
24-03-2017, 06:26 PM
(24-03-2017 06:16 PM)unfogged Wrote:  They were probably acting more out of fear of losing their next election than loyalty to their oaths of office but at least they had the strength to stand up against a bad bill.

The former is probable, the latter is highly unlikely. Invertebrates don't grow spines.
24-03-2017, 07:20 PM
(24-03-2017 05:29 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 05:11 PM)Anjele Wrote:  In other news, Trump had already announced that if the repeal of the ACA didn't work, he was moving on to other things.

To fail there. He's got nothing to his record by now. His muslim immigration ban, failure. Repealing ACA, failure. Where do you guess he will fail next?

Maybe he'll fall off a wall, Humpty Dumpty style.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
25-03-2017, 06:32 AM
(24-03-2017 06:16 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Trump disappointed House conservatives blocked healthcare bill

Quote:President Donald Trump said on Friday that he was disappointed that a conservative faction in the House of Representatives blocked his healthcare legislation and said "we learned a lot about loyalty" from the effort.

Facepalm

Their loyalty is not supposed to be to the president or the party, asshole. They were probably acting more out of fear of losing their next election than loyalty to their oaths of office but at least they had the strength to stand up against a bad bill.

Most of the republicans that were against this bill were against it because they wanted something that removed even more government supports from our healthcare system. They wanted to see much larger reductions in Medicaid and they wanted most of the tax credits taken out. Their lack of support wasn't based on the bill being bad. It was because the bill wasn't bad enough.

Having said that the ACA could use some tweaking. Clinton admitted as much during her campaign. If the democrats in congress are worth a shit, and I have my doubts about that, they will present their plan for fixing the ACA to the American public and Trump. I don't expect them to do that. I don't expect to hear anything from them about it beyond the republicans couldn't get it done until the next election cycle. I don't expect to hear anything beyond we plan to fix it even then.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
25-03-2017, 07:45 AM
The repubs are going to chisel away at it until it fails.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man