The health plan vote

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-03-2017, 08:31 AM
RE: The health plan vote
(25-03-2017 07:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  The repubs are going to chisel away at it until it fails.

I have no doubt they'll actively do everything they can to insure it fails. After all that's been their policy for the last seven years, and there is no reason to change it now.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2017, 09:42 AM
(24-03-2017 06:16 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Trump disappointed House conservatives blocked healthcare bill

Quote:President Donald Trump said on Friday that he was disappointed that a conservative faction in the House of Representatives blocked his healthcare legislation and said "we learned a lot about loyalty" from the effort.

Facepalm

Their loyalty is not supposed to be to the president or the party, asshole. They were probably acting more out of fear of losing their next election than loyalty to their oaths of office but at least they had the strength to stand up against a bad bill.

Ah, but I think Trump's well-publicised failures will cement his support. Because he's casting it as the Uber-mensch Donald Trump is being foiled in his mighty works by snivelling disloyal cowards. It's not the way to run a country, but it may well be the way to make a power grab.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
25-03-2017, 09:57 AM
Conan O'Brien said "The Republican health care plan died on the House floor. Oddly enough 'dying on the house floor' WAS the Republican health care plan."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Gawdzilla's post
25-03-2017, 06:13 PM
All those thousands of people who went to all these town halls and told their reps about personal stories with Obama care and would not let up, and came again and again (the guys in new Jersey were really brilliant about it and turned their guy against all odds) get a lot of credit now for how things turned out.

They wore down enough reps to very distinctly influence that vote. Hurrah for the resistance. Keep it up, folks!

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2017/...rhaul.html

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
25-03-2017, 07:45 PM
And a few more people are waking up - not because the bill failed, but because The President supported it at all.

'But the president’s support of the Republicans’ American Health Care Act made Moss lose faith.
"It really was just recent when I just all of a sudden realized that I've been duped," he told ABC News. "I can't believe that the man would even consider trying to put something like this through."'

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-tro...d=46371982
[+] 3 users Like Rockblossom's post
25-03-2017, 08:20 PM
(25-03-2017 06:13 PM)Dom Wrote:  All those thousands of people who went to all these town halls and told their reps about personal stories with Obama care and would not let up, and came again and again (the guys in new Jersey were really brilliant about it and turned their guy against all odds) get a lot of credit now for how things turned out.

They wore down enough reps to very distinctly influence that vote. Hurrah for the resistance. Keep it up, folks!

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2017/...rhaul.html

[Image: vive-la-resistance.png]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
25-03-2017, 08:23 PM
Quote:Aren't you disappointed in the Republicans? I am.

I expected nothing more. A collection of fucking fools.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
25-03-2017, 09:45 PM
(24-03-2017 05:32 PM)julep Wrote:  
(24-03-2017 05:29 PM)abaris Wrote:  To fail there. He's got nothing to his record by now. His muslim immigration ban, failure. Repealing ACA, failure. Where do you guess he will fail next?

Tax reform.

Followed by infrastructure.

I'd like his idea about rebuilding infrastructure to be implemented. It's long past time, and worthier of further debt than, say, another military misadventure.