The hidden attack on whiteness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2014, 07:47 AM
The hidden attack on whiteness
Unlike other forms of racism which are rife within Western culture, the attack on whiteness is a hidden one, which gives it an exponentially stronger longevity.

Consider the following narratives and the associated stereotypes they produce.

1) Black people struggle to get jobs because of discrimination
Stereotype = white employers are racists

2) Black people are victims of police brutality
Stereotype = white police are racists

3) White people don't know how lucky they are
Stereotype = white people have no skill, only luck

4) White people are ignorant of other cultures
Stereotype = Only white people are ignorant of other cultures

5) Indian, Arab, Asian, Black & Latino people (among others) can all claim to be "people of colour"
Stereotype = White people are excluded and different.

From the above, it is easy to see how an anti-white sentiment can flourish. The attack on whiteness is hidden in the sub-text, whilst most other forms of racism are explicit.

It is also important to note that the attack on whiteness isn't necessarily anyone's fault. Our culture promotes it currently and anyone can be a protagonist - even white people.

Does context play a part? Sure. One only needs to google the history of slavery or apartheid to get an understanding of the causes of this culture. But it's important to ask whether context makes something right or whether it makes something understandable. Everything has prior cause. Prior cause renders everything understandable. It doesn't render everything "right".

It may be understandable when someone kills another man out of revenge. Perhaps his victim had killed one of his family members or committed some other such heinous crime against him. In light of context, we can understand why negative actions transpire. Whether we should consider the act of killing someone "righteous" is another question. Do we really want to live in a world where killing is seen as "right"? Doesn't violence perpetuate violence? Could we summise that a world in which people get revenge on things as heated as murder would be a world in which this undesired act would be perpetuated?

Similarly then, negative feelings toward whiteness can be scrutinised in the same light. If we deem it righteous that white people should be made to feel guilty, stereotyped as racists or live with the burden of political correctness, then we are perpetuating racism. Just like the previous example in the paragraph above, we can easily picture a world in which a growing white resentment will reach boiling point after X number of decades and a reverse sentiment will begin to emerge.

White individuals should be detached from the history of whiteness. For if they are to inherit an exclusive burden of guilt which no other group has to live with, then they should also be granted exclusive rights to the technology and modern medicine that their forefathers developed.... To live in this undesirable way would be to live in a racially exclusive society. If we want to choose the much happier racially inclusive society, then we need to address our culture which currently allows for anti-white sentiment for bad parts of their history but does nothing for the good parts of their history.

By all means, let's address equality issues in other areas, like economic empowerment, policing etc... But when it comes to our current culture, we absolutely have to be colour-blind in order to live in an inclusive society. We all share the burden of our planet's violent past and we all share the fruits of our forefathers' innovation.

Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Spade=Spade's post
26-09-2014, 07:52 AM
RE: The hidden attack on whiteness
At work.

Must admit, that struck me as a kind of "Dafaq am I reading" kind of moment.

However..... 'Racism' and cultural differences are ( Hmmmmmm, pehaps 'Were' given certain things) do not seem as markedly overt in my part of the world.

Much cheers to all
26-09-2014, 08:18 AM
That was actually pretty insightful despite what I assumed.
[+] 1 user Likes Li_Holodomer's post
02-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Walked in expecting to read a 'Anti-Racist is Anti-White' load of nonsense.
Was pleasantly surprised.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
02-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Race is a ball-ache Angry If I ever rule the world I'm gonna order that everyone shall be dyed brown. And forced to endure a mild concussion to induce amnesia so they don't know what colour they used to be.

Edit: I decided sky-blue is a better colour.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
02-10-2014, 03:46 PM
What I found most interesting about this post was the response it elicited from Rev. It almost seems to prove as an example supporting the posters argument.

Rev, so far there's only two posts from this member. The other was fairly plain so I can only assume you neg repped him because of this post. If that's the case, did you fully read and consider the points, or is it automatically assumed that if someone is pointing out racism towards white people they must be "peddling racism"? I am skeptical of Spades motives as well, but was this knee jerk, or do you know something I dont?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
02-10-2014, 03:59 PM
(02-10-2014 03:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What I found most interesting about this post was the response it elicited from Rev. It almost seems to prove as an example supporting the posters argument.

Rev, so far there's only two posts from this member. The other was fairly plain so I can only assume you neg repped him because of this post. If that's the case, did you fully read and consider the points, or is it automatically assumed that if someone is pointing out racism towards white people they must be "peddling racism"? I am skeptical of Spades motives as well, but was this knee jerk, or do you know something I dont?

I could be wrong, don't think I am but it's possible. I have seen this stance too many times. It's a false equivalency thing that states just because some black people are racist towards white it negates the systematic racism suffered by Black people (which has been improving over the last 50 years but is still present) so anyone that call attention to a real problem is just race baiting.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
02-10-2014, 04:11 PM
Fair enough. Hopefully Spade will be back to defend his position.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
02-10-2014, 04:11 PM
(02-10-2014 03:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 03:46 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What I found most interesting about this post was the response it elicited from Rev. It almost seems to prove as an example supporting the posters argument.

I could be wrong, don't think I am but it's possible. I have seen this stance too many times. It's a false equivalency thing that states just because some black people are racist towards white it negates the systematic racism suffered by Black people (which has been improving over the last 50 years but is still present) so anyone that call attention to a real problem is just race baiting.

I think you may be wrong on this one. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2014, 04:28 PM
(02-10-2014 04:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 03:59 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I could be wrong, don't think I am but it's possible. I have seen this stance too many times. It's a false equivalency thing that states just because some black people are racist towards white it negates the systematic racism suffered by Black people (which has been improving over the last 50 years but is still present) so anyone that call attention to a real problem is just race baiting.

I think you may be wrong on this one. Consider

Always a possibility.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense