The hidden attack on whiteness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2014, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 08:52 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: The hidden attack on whiteness
(04-10-2014 07:41 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Thanks to progressives we now have state-sanctioned racism against whites; affirmative action. Of course, if you point this out, you are a racist.

It's thanks to Progressives that blacks are no longer slaves, women have the right to vote, and the implementation of the 40 hour work week and Social Security (among many, many others).

But you're a 16 year old who hasn't yet left your parent's house and actually lived, gone out and experienced the world outside your myopic bubble, so I don't expect you to understand. Which would be fine, except that you seem intent on proving to everyone just how little you actually know.

[Image: abe+lincoln.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-10-2014, 04:46 PM
(05-10-2014 04:52 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 07:41 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Thanks to progressives we now have state-sanctioned racism against whites; affirmative action. Of course, if you point this out, you are a racist.

It's thanks to Progressives that blacks are no longer slaves, women have the right to vote, and the implementation of the 40 hour work week and Social Security (among many, many others).

But you're a 16 year old who hasn't yet left your parent's house and actually lived, gone out and experienced the world outside your myopic bubble, so I don't expect you to understand. Which would be fine, except that you seem intent on proving to everyone just how little you actually know.

Those were progressive 100 years ago, I'm talking about modern ones; like you.

Also, I would say that it is better to avoid quotes than to misattribute them and look like an idiot.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
05-10-2014, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2014 05:57 PM by TheGulegon.)
I'm not racist, nor am I responsible for what happened to Mr. Pierce, but I recognize that forgetting all about instances like it, and pretending there's no problem (why on Earth would we want to fix something that isn't broken... Dodgy ), isn't the way to keep shit from happening again Undecided

[edit] Note: highlighting how something like this doesn't happen to 'whites' as much as it does to non-whites isn't an attack on white people, as much as it is a simple statement of fact! (that needs to be addressed)

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
05-10-2014, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 02:06 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(05-10-2014 04:46 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 04:52 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  It's thanks to Progressives that blacks are no longer slaves, women have the right to vote, and the implementation of the 40 hour work week and Social Security (among many, many others).

Those were progressive 100 years ago, I'm talking about modern ones; like you.

Oh, do tell. I can't wait to hear from your no doubt worldly experience.

(05-10-2014 04:46 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Also, I would say that it is better to avoid quotes than to misattribute them and look like an idiot.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." -Maurice Switzer, 1906

Aw poor baby, do you feel better now? The core concept remains the same, that it's better to not indulge in the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-10-2014, 06:13 AM
(05-10-2014 09:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 04:46 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Those were progressive 100 years ago, I'm talking about modern ones; like you.

Oh, do tell. I can't wait to hear from your no doubt worldly experience.

My "experience" is just as good as yours, as I'm quite sure neither of us were alive back then. So all that I know about old-fashioned progressives I know from reading.

Progressives like Theodore Roosevelt were nationalists and badass. Roosevelt didn't go around whining about how oppressed everyone else was and didn't silence opponents with political correctness. Roosevelt loved America, and supported foreign interventionism rather than cowardice, national masochism and pro-terrorist sentiment. Roosevelt believed in manhood, not totalitarian androgyny. Roosevelt was one of the greatest Presidents in US history, and you modern progressives ought to be ashamed for shitting all over the progressive label.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

06-10-2014, 06:41 AM
(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  you modern progressives ought to be ashamed for shitting all over the progressive label.

Because you've made such major contributions to human progress that your opinion matters Rolleyes

Fucken brat Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-10-2014, 07:12 AM
(06-10-2014 06:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  you modern progressives ought to be ashamed for shitting all over the progressive label.

Because you've made such major contributions to human progress that your opinion matters Rolleyes

I never claimed that I have made "major contributions to human progress". I'd love to hear about all the slaves you have liberated, all the women whose right to vote you have secured, all the reactionary laws you have repealed and all the dictators you have ousted. Oh, what's that? You haven't done any of these things at all. Guess your opinion isn't worth a fuck either, so by you own standards you ought to shut the fuck up.

06-10-2014, 07:21 AM
(06-10-2014 07:12 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 06:41 AM)morondog Wrote:  Because you've made such major contributions to human progress that your opinion matters Rolleyes

I never claimed that I have made "major contributions to human progress". I'd love to hear about all the slaves you have liberated, all the women whose right to vote you have secured, all the reactionary laws you have repealed and all the dictators you have ousted. Oh, what's that? You haven't done any of these things at all. Guess your opinion isn't worth a fuck either, so by you own standards you ought to shut the fuck up.

No, you just presume to berate all 'modern progressives' for not agreeing with your childish understanding.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Chas's post
06-10-2014, 08:49 AM
(05-10-2014 09:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh, do tell. I can't wait to hear from your no doubt worldly experience.

I actually heard you say that, in your voice, in my head...

That worries me. Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2014, 09:54 AM
So OP learned the, uh, enlightening fact that "whiteness" (i.e., white people, in certain countries in societies) is, though indisputably privileged, not universally privileged (all positives, no negatives), and something thinks that's... special? Revelatory? Unknown?
(and that's already a very, very charitable interpretation - pretending for a moment that there's actual content there instead of dumbass feels)

But it gave RP a chance to evangelise his ignorance, so I guess there's that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post