The hidden attack on whiteness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2014, 10:37 AM
RE: The hidden attack on whiteness
(04-10-2014 07:41 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Thanks to progressives we now have state-sanctioned racism against whites; affirmative action. Of course, if you point this out, you are a racist.
Oh FFS! Facepalm

Anyone who makes that claim doesn't have the slightest understanding of the matter. And no, it doesn't make you racist and the remark is cop out.

Here, read this article. It's very educational.

Here's a key paragraph:
Quote:Most of the objections I hear focus on race. The charge is often made that anything that takes race into account must be racist. One problem with this argument is that it is simply not possible to remedy a problem based on race while at the same time acting as if race doesn’t matter. This means that affirmative action of course must take race explicitly into account. This doesn’t mean that being a person of color is all you need in order to get the job or be accepted into college. What it does mean is that race is considered as one of a long list of criteria, with the goal of doing something, however imperfectly, to respond to the problem of racism as both a current and historical problem.

Also, no one ever claimed that affirmative action isn't without it's flaws. But no one has a better solution as yet either.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
06-10-2014, 10:53 AM
(06-10-2014 10:37 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Also, no one ever claimed that affirmative action isn't without it's flaws. But no one has a better solution as yet either.

Oh, I dunno, Impulse.

There's probably some raging hate-filled misandric feminazi liberal communist tumblr social justice warrior reptiloid who once came close to saying something remotely similar.

I mean, those people exist*, right? And they obviously secretly run the world*, because so many other people spend so much time caring so hard about what they might have said.

Because clearly after having created and perpetuated systematic inequality for generations, we just declared one day that everything was magically fixed, and that was the end of that problem forever. Any move to redress that systemic inequality would require treating the disadvantaged differently, which is obviously reverse racism because reasons. And we can't have that.

*note: people might not exist

... this is my signature!
[+] 5 users Like cjlr's post
06-10-2014, 11:02 AM
Damn those "reasons". They pop up their ugly heads every time. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
06-10-2014, 01:07 PM
It has become clear to me that you have no interest in actually discussing issues as you cannot handle criticism without reacting in a childish manner.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
06-10-2014, 01:15 PM
(06-10-2014 01:07 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  It has become clear to me that you have no interest in actually discussing issues as you cannot handle criticism without reacting in a childish manner.

Laughat

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-10-2014, 01:16 PM
(06-10-2014 01:07 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  It has become clear to me that you have no interest in actually discussing issues as you cannot handle criticism without reacting in a childish manner.

Why do you continue to plague us with your obviously superior intellect, oh mighty one? There are many forums where your twaddle will be acclaimed.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-10-2014, 01:27 PM
(06-10-2014 01:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Why do you continue to plague us with your obviously superior intellect, oh mighty one? There are many forums where your twaddle will be acclaimed.

This might be hard for you to understand, but I'm not looking for an echo chamber. I want to have conversations with people who I disagree with and broaden my perspective.

Unlike the others who you drive off by being as arrogant and obtuse as possible, I actually have the patience to deal with you, and if nothing else I will keep you from having an echo chamber for your juvenile SJW delusions.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

06-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Who are you referring to with this?

06-10-2014, 01:55 PM
(06-10-2014 01:53 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
Who are you referring to with this?

Mostly morondog and Revs, but also cjlr.

06-10-2014, 02:09 PM
(06-10-2014 01:55 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 01:53 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Who are you referring to with this?

Mostly morondog and Revs, but also cjlr.

Keep trying Smile It'd hurt if I cared about your opinion, like when I clashed with Vos over similar stuff to your drivel - he's a sharp lad, you're an idiot, that's the difference. If you want your barbs to actually sting, you'll have to make me respect you first. There are ways to do that without sharing the same opinion as me. Like for example, backing up your crappy claims with actual credible sources and showing awareness that your own opinion isn't the only possible one. If you're just a twit though then you get the twit treatment Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post