The hidden attack on whiteness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2014, 03:07 PM
RE: The hidden attack on whiteness
(06-10-2014 02:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 01:55 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Mostly morondog and Revs, but also cjlr.

Keep trying Smile It'd hurt if I cared about your opinion, like when I clashed with Vos over similar stuff to your drivel - he's a sharp lad, you're an idiot, that's the difference. If you want your barbs to actually sting, you'll have to make me respect you first. There are ways to do that without sharing the same opinion as me. Like for example, backing up your crappy claims with actual credible sources and showing awareness that your own opinion isn't the only possible one. If you're just a twit though then you get the twit treatment Drinking Beverage

Why the fuck would I want your respect? All you do is attack anyone and everyone who touches one of your seemingly endless nerves. I have never seen you give a single citation. Go fuck yourself with a knife.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2014, 03:15 PM
(06-10-2014 03:07 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 02:09 PM)morondog Wrote:  Keep trying Smile It'd hurt if I cared about your opinion, like when I clashed with Vos over similar stuff to your drivel - he's a sharp lad, you're an idiot, that's the difference. If you want your barbs to actually sting, you'll have to make me respect you first. There are ways to do that without sharing the same opinion as me. Like for example, backing up your crappy claims with actual credible sources and showing awareness that your own opinion isn't the only possible one. If you're just a twit though then you get the twit treatment Drinking Beverage

Why the fuck would I want your respect? All you do is attack anyone and everyone who touches one of your seemingly endless nerves. I have never seen you give a single citation. Go fuck yourself with a knife.

[Image: Spiderman_zps217276b2.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-10-2014, 03:33 PM
(06-10-2014 01:16 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 01:07 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  It has become clear to me that you have no interest in actually discussing issues as you cannot handle criticism without reacting in a childish manner.

Why do you continue to plague us with your obviously superior intellect, oh mighty one? There are many forums where your twaddle will be acclaimed.

Bowing Twaddle....oh wow. Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2014, 10:17 PM
(06-10-2014 03:07 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  Why the fuck would I want your respect? All you do is attack anyone and everyone who touches one of your seemingly endless nerves. I have never seen you give a single citation. Go fuck yourself with a knife.

Laughat You *are* a whiny lil' twat Smile Have a nice day.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-10-2014, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 12:03 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(05-10-2014 09:31 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh, do tell. I can't wait to hear from your no doubt worldly experience.
My "experience" is just as good as yours...

[Image: b0d.gif]

I'm sorry, who's the 16 year old still living with their parents?

I'm by no means the most worldly person here, but I've traveled. I've moved out of my home town, I've lived on my own, I've went to college, and I'm holding down two jobs at once. I've seen many other states, and even traveled internationally. There's only so much you can 'learn' browsing the internet from your house. All of the reading in the world will only do you so much good until you actually try and do it. Reading a half-dozen instructions on how to rebuild a motorcycle carburetor isn't nearly as useful as actually getting your hands dirty and rebuilding one yourself; which I have done after I taught myself how to.

So how about you come back with after you've spent a decade out in the real world, then see how much your perspective has (hopefully) broadened?

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  ...as I'm quite sure neither of us were alive back then. So all that I know about old-fashioned progressives I know from reading.

Ah, but what do you read? If your 'research' into Progressives is anything like your forum skimming on topics like Feminism, it's no wonder you don't know your ass from your elbow. Have you read an actual history book, written by a real and accredited professional with an advanced degree in history? Or did you just grab a few pieces form a 4chan or Reddit post and run with it?

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Progressives like Theodore Roosevelt were nationalists and badass.

It can also be argued that he was a reckless cowboy who resigned from the Navy so that he could put on his hat, grab a gun, and go shoot some Spaniards in Cuba. You know, the kind of machismo shit that George Bush Jr and Ted Nugget masturbate too, but are too cowardly to actually pull off.

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Roosevelt didn't go around whining about how oppressed everyone else was and didn't silence opponents with political correctness.

I don't know if you've noticed this, but you haven't been silenced. Like, at all. So I have no fucking idea what you are bitching about now.

[Image: patton-oswalt-quote.jpg]

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Roosevelt loved America...

I guess criticizing America because you want it to do better doesn't count as loving your country any more?

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  ...and supported foreign interventionism rather than cowardice, national masochism and pro-terrorist sentiment.

Which was a mixed bag, but his best successes were when he was not shooting people or threatening violence. He was at his best as an international arbiter and peacemaker, most notably helping to negotiate the ending of the Russo-Japaneses War (for which he earned a Nobel Peace Prize) and helping to avert the Venezuela Crisis of 1902–1903.

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Roosevelt believed in manhood, not totalitarian androgyny.

You know that there is a difference between being a 'man' and an 'asshole', right? There is nothing inherently wrong with manhood, until your interpretation of it starts shitting all over someone else. Nobody is saying that you can't find scantily clad, toned and tanned women in bikinis as supper attractive; but posting photos of them semi-nude or nude in the workplace isn't cool because you have to share that space with other coworkers (and women among them). The reverse also applies for a woman (or anyone, really) posting pictures of sexy men with their junk out.

Do you get it? No, I didn't think so...

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Roosevelt was one of the greatest Presidents in US history, and you modern progressives ought to be ashamed for shitting all over the progressive label.

He did a lot of things right, but he wasn't perfect by any stretch. He was very pro-immigration, but keep in mind it was also mostly European immigrants at that time (and the Gentlemen's Agreement with Japan halted the immigration of further unskilled laborers from Japan). But he was also a strong nativist, and held what appeared to be very prejudices and racist views of the Native Americans. He was the first President to appoint a Jewish cabinet member. He is rightly remembered and respected as a Trust buster, for doing what he could to break up the power of corporations. He believed in equality of opportunity, and was the first President to make conservation a national issue; but on the flip-side he was also an African big-game hunter, and had a hand in the death of over 11,000 animals. While there is a time and place to intervene, he was an interventionist that thought he could unilaterally deploy Marines into Cuba without the consent of Congress; which we have seen in the last few decades just how effective (see: FUBAR) that policy has been for the United States.

So I don't suppose this will cause you to actually go out a read a book, but maybe (just maybe) you'll have a more balanced perspective and refrain from performing public fellatio on historical figures from now on? Maybe? No?

Color me surprised... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-10-2014, 02:58 AM
(26-09-2014 07:47 AM)Spade=Spade Wrote:  Unlike other forms of racism which are rife within Western culture, the attack on whiteness is a hidden one, which gives it an exponentially stronger longevity.

Consider the following narratives and the associated stereotypes they produce.

1) Black people struggle to get jobs because of discrimination
Stereotype = white employers are racists

2) Black people are victims of police brutality
Stereotype = white police are racists

3) White people don't know how lucky they are
Stereotype = white people have no skill, only luck

4) White people are ignorant of other cultures
Stereotype = Only white people are ignorant of other cultures

5) Indian, Arab, Asian, Black & Latino people (among others) can all claim to be "people of colour"
Stereotype = White people are excluded and different.

From the above, it is easy to see how an anti-white sentiment can flourish. The attack on whiteness is hidden in the sub-text, whilst most other forms of racism are explicit.

Run this by me again when white dominant culture no longer exists and white people are a minority:

when Mona Lisa and her white relatives mean nothing, when Hollywood is not dominated by blonds, when black cops start beating up whites, when my non white neighbors hang a white dummy on a pole in my yard and burns it, when my child is called whitey and feels it in her heart.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
07-10-2014, 08:19 AM
(06-10-2014 01:27 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I want to have conversations with people who I disagree with and broaden my perspective.
Ok, so I linked an article for your consideration. Did you read it? What are your thoughts?

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
07-10-2014, 09:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 10:18 AM by Bucky Ball.)
For the hidden attack on whiteness, (grey grime and dinginess are just so not cool), I recommend Tide with bleach. Thumbsup

[Image: 51HAspv6ATL._SY450_.jpg]

Didn't know TTA had a household hints section.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-10-2014, 01:04 PM
(06-10-2014 11:32 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  My "experience" is just as good as yours...

[Image: b0d.gif]

I'm sorry, who's the 16 year old still living with their parents?

I'm by no means the most worldly person here, but I've traveled. I've moved out of my home town, I've lived on my own, I've went to college, and I'm holding down two jobs at once. I've seen many other states, and even traveled internationally. There's only so much you can 'learn' browsing the internet from your house. All of the reading in the world will only do you so much good until you actually try and do it. Reading a half-dozen instructions on how to rebuild a motorcycle carburetor isn't nearly as useful as actually getting your hands dirty and rebuilding one yourself; which I have done after I taught myself how to.

So how about you come back with after you've spent a decade out in the real world, then see how much your perspective has (hopefully) broadened?

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  ...as I'm quite sure neither of us were alive back then. So all that I know about old-fashioned progressives I know from reading.

Ah, but what do you read? If your 'research' into Progressives is anything like your forum skimming on topics like Feminism, it's no wonder you don't know your ass from your elbow. Have you read an actual history book, written by a real and accredited professional with an advanced degree in history? Or did you just grab a few pieces form a 4chan or Reddit post and run with it?

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Progressives like Theodore Roosevelt were nationalists and badass.

It can also be argued that he was a reckless cowboy who resigned from the Navy so that he could put on his hat, grab a gun, and go shoot some Spaniards in Cuba. You know, the kind of machismo shit that George Bush Jr and Ted Nugget masturbate too, but are too cowardly to actually pull off.

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Roosevelt didn't go around whining about how oppressed everyone else was and didn't silence opponents with political correctness.

I don't know if you've noticed this, but you haven't been silenced. Like, at all. So I have no fucking idea what you are bitching about now.

[Image: patton-oswalt-quote.jpg]

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Roosevelt loved America...

I guess criticizing America because you want it to do better doesn't count as loving your country any more?

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  ...and supported foreign interventionism rather than cowardice, national masochism and pro-terrorist sentiment.

Which was a mixed bag, but his best successes were when he was not shooting people or threatening violence. He was at his best as an international arbiter and peacemaker, most notably helping to negotiate the ending of the Russo-Japaneses War (for which he earned a Nobel Peace Prize) and helping to avert the Venezuela Crisis of 1902–1903.

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Roosevelt believed in manhood, not totalitarian androgyny.

You know that there is a difference between being a 'man' and an 'asshole', right? There is nothing inherently wrong with manhood, until your interpretation of it starts shitting all over someone else. Nobody is saying that you can't find scantily clad, toned and tanned women in bikinis as supper attractive; but posting photos of them semi-nude or nude in the workplace isn't cool because you have to share that space with other coworkers (and women among them). The reverse also applies for a woman (or anyone, really) posting pictures of sexy men with their junk out.

Do you get it? No, I didn't think so...

(06-10-2014 06:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Roosevelt was one of the greatest Presidents in US history, and you modern progressives ought to be ashamed for shitting all over the progressive label.

He did a lot of things right, but he wasn't perfect by any stretch. He was very pro-immigration, but keep in mind it was also mostly European immigrants at that time (and the Gentlemen's Agreement with Japan halted the immigration of further unskilled laborers from Japan). But he was also a strong nativist, and held what appeared to be very prejudices and racist views of the Native Americans. He was the first President to appoint a Jewish cabinet member. He is rightly remembered and respected as a Trust buster, for doing what he could to break up the power of corporations. He believed in equality of opportunity, and was the first President to make conservation a national issue; but on the flip-side he was also an African big-game hunter, and had a hand in the death of over 11,000 animals. While there is a time and place to intervene, he was an interventionist that thought he could unilaterally deploy Marines into Cuba without the consent of Congress; which we have seen in the last few decades just how effective (see: FUBAR) that policy has been for the United States.

So I don't suppose this will cause you to actually go out a read a book, but maybe (just maybe) you'll have a more balanced perspective and refrain from performing public fellatio on historical figures from now on? Maybe? No?

Color me surprised... Drinking Beverage

Never said he was perfect, I said he one one of the greatest Presidents. Racist views on native Americans were ordinary at the time, and all he wanted with immigration was to preserve America's ethnic and cultural composition.

Quote:Nobody is saying that you can't find scantily clad, toned and tanned women in bikinis as supper attractive; but posting photos of them semi-nude or nude in the workplace isn't cool because you have to share that space with other coworkers (and women among them). The reverse also applies for a woman (or anyone, really) posting pictures of sexy men with their junk out.
What? I was referring to the popular feminist misconception that gender is a social construct (that must be smashed). And while I do see where your coming from, if you are bothered by a bikini girl as someone's desktop background, then yo are a hypersensitive PC twit. Same goes for any man who is offended by pictures of hot guys.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

07-10-2014, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 01:18 PM by Res Publica.)
(07-10-2014 08:19 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(06-10-2014 01:27 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I want to have conversations with people who I disagree with and broaden my perspective.
Ok, so I linked an article for your consideration. Did you read it? What are your thoughts?

Didn't see that, sorry. I will go and read it now. [Edit: Read It]

Quote:The real problem, as recent history makes painfully clear, is an industrial capitalist economic system in which the interests of working families of all races have always been secondary to the accumulation of wealth and power by the upper classes.
I completely agree with this part.

But if the idea is to help the economically disadvantaged then why not have affirmative action on the basis of income rather than race? Also consider that whites are the majority, and makeup most of the impoverished people in America. Why shouldn't poor whites be given the same opportunities as poor non-whites.

I'll also point out that a rational response to a posted article is more than I could ever hope to get form EK, morondog or Revs.