The hidden attack on whiteness

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-10-2014, 03:05 PM
RE: The hidden attack on whiteness
(11-10-2014 02:54 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(11-10-2014 02:41 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Because it is not on the same level. Saying that some black people call white people crackers equates to that is the height of insanity.

Nobody is claiming that an insult is as bad as bias race profiling; the claim is that the racism exists, it is racism, it's under the same umbrella, and we need to fight racism at every level, not just the very extreme. Seems like we do do that though, unless it's against white people and then even if someone is killed under a gangland code which requires an attack on a white person as a rite of passage (The Bloods, for example) it is not considered to be racist.

It is almost like the system is excluding white people from being able to be victims of racism. This is either claiming that white people are not real people (Which of course Tumblr SJWs often claim), or that white people are better than every other race and therefore cannot be victims (which is a claim of a few racist redneck songs I've heard).
Either way you push it, it is totally caddywhompus.

Facepalm Ok let me break this down for you. White people are still very much privileged in modern American society (and most other western societies as well) to the point that their race is never an issue. You will never lose a job because you are white (despite what anti Affirmative Action reactionaries will tell you) nor will you be harassed by the police for being white. It is the same as the people who equate looking at someone with rape. It is stupid and diminishes the actual problem. If you are white in the western world no you will not be on the receiving end of institutionalised racism and pretending you are just makes you look foolish and blind to your own privilege.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-10-2014, 03:20 PM
Obviously the examples of institutionalised racism against white people are fake, but as a white, cis, hetero male I cannot be expected to know that right away so let me go home and check my privilege.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
11-10-2014, 03:28 PM
(11-10-2014 03:20 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Obviously the examples of institutionalised racism against white people are fake, but as a white, cis, hetero male I cannot be expected to know that right away so let me go home and check my privilege.

Oh this should be good what "institutionalised racism against white people" do you think you are experiencing? As to the rest of it get off tumblr it makes you sound retarded.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
11-10-2014, 03:35 PM
(11-10-2014 03:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-10-2014 03:20 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Obviously the examples of institutionalised racism against white people are fake, but as a white, cis, hetero male I cannot be expected to know that right away so let me go home and check my privilege.

Oh this should be good what "institutionalised racism against white people" do you think you are experiencing? As to the rest of it get off tumblr it makes you sound retarded.

I don't have any examples of any racism against anyone to be perfectly honest, at least not in the USA, except for the vague "This black person was arrested for something he didn't do!" and "This white person lost his job because he didn't like his co-worker who happened to be black!" stories, but I've already said all I have to say on the issue so I thought I'd just be vaguely humourous instead.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
11-10-2014, 03:40 PM
(11-10-2014 03:35 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(11-10-2014 03:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Oh this should be good what "institutionalised racism against white people" do you think you are experiencing? As to the rest of it get off tumblr it makes you sound retarded.

I don't have any examples of any racism against anyone to be perfectly honest, at least not in the USA, except for the vague "This black person was arrested for something he didn't do!" and "This white person lost his job because he didn't like his co-worker who happened to be black!" stories, but I've already said all I have to say on the issue so I thought I'd just be vaguely humourous instead.

I see so you are utterly ignorant of the actual situation and yet still feel the need to bitch when more informed people call you out. Gotcha. Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
11-10-2014, 03:44 PM
(11-10-2014 03:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-10-2014 03:35 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I don't have any examples of any racism against anyone to be perfectly honest, at least not in the USA, except for the vague "This black person was arrested for something he didn't do!" and "This white person lost his job because he didn't like his co-worker who happened to be black!" stories, but I've already said all I have to say on the issue so I thought I'd just be vaguely humourous instead.

I see so you are utterly ignorant of the actual situation and yet still feel the need to bitch when more informed people call you out. Gotcha. Thumbsup

Because of course the only situation which matters is that in the USA and if you don't know about America you are utterly ignorant. Check your America privilege.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
11-10-2014, 03:49 PM
(11-10-2014 03:44 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(11-10-2014 03:40 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I see so you are utterly ignorant of the actual situation and yet still feel the need to bitch when more informed people call you out. Gotcha. Thumbsup

Because of course the only situation which matters is that in the USA and if you don't know about America you are utterly ignorant. Check your America privilege.

Except of course that I specifically expanded the conversation to the rest of the western world (most of which has more of a white privilege than the US) and am calling you out for your ignorance of what "Institutionalised Racism" is. But please keep talking it is really improving your case.

11-10-2014, 03:49 PM
(11-10-2014 02:38 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Both of you cry me a river. When the cops bust into your house pepperspray you and arrest you because of the color of your skin maybe then you will know what actual racism looks like.

This... This comment right here is exactly the problem. You have just summed up the OP in one emotionally-charged rant.

Not only does your comment make the ridiculous sweeping assumption that only non-white people are victims of police brutality, but it misses the point entirely. I want to eradicate racism against blacks as much as you do, but when the discussion moves to racism against whites, you inexplicably shout "cry me a river" and dismiss the issue entirely... This is precisely the problem. This is the unique burden that only whiteness seems to have to deal with.... All forms of racism are bad and we should be united in trying to eradicate all racism on our planet everywhere... Sadly, racism against whiteness seems to be immune to criticism because people like you get emotional and dismiss it immediately.

And for your information, in my part of the world, white people are the minority and I have on numerous occasions had police officers discriminate violently against me and other white people because of the colour of our skin. I've even been told by police officers that they are going to exterminate white piggies if we don't go back to Europe. The world is a bigger place than just America. Educate yourself.
[+] 2 users Like Spade=Spade's post
11-10-2014, 03:52 PM

dafuq is 'cis'?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-10-2014, 03:55 PM
(11-10-2014 03:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

dafuq is 'cis'?
It's a word from the bowels of tumblr used to exclude certain people from conversations. It is a scary, though somewhat hilarious, story of people who have gone so far left that they've fallen off and been squished by the drop.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.