The hilarious "Dinosaurs on the Ark" conjecture from AiG

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2014, 12:09 PM
The hilarious "Dinosaurs on the Ark" conjecture from AiG
"The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs “ruled the Earth” for 140 million years, died out 65 million years ago, and therefore weren’t around when Noah and company set sail on the Ark around 4,300 years ago.

In Genesis 6:19–20, the Bible says that two of every sort of land vertebrate (seven of the “clean” animals) were brought by God to the Ark. Therefore, dinosaurs (land vertebrates) were represented on the Ark.
How Did Those Huge Dinosaurs Fit on the Ark?
Although there are about 668 names of dinosaurs, there are perhaps only 55 different “kinds” of dinosaurs. Furthermore, not all dinosaurs were huge like the brachiosaurus, and even those dinosaurs on the Ark were probably “teenagers” or young adults."

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...-noahs-ark

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
24-02-2014, 12:26 PM
RE: The hilarious "Dinosaurs on the Ark" conjecture from AiG
If you press such believing people - AIG included, dipshits that they are - on the whole fuckwitted story, they will eventually recourse to a miraculous explanation.

At which point their claims become unfalsifiable and simultaneously meaningless, since removing the specifics from the realm of human investigation (they're necessarily beyond all reason and evidence) means that belief in them must come from faith alone, that they are admitting to have no material evidence whatsoever, that they cannot convince people of the truth of their religion through pointing to external reality (since, naturally, the rest of the Bible's mythic history isn't true either)...

Sooner or later you're then left with only subjective personal experience and the No True Scotsman fallacy. God knows how that's supposed to convince anybody.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
24-02-2014, 02:36 PM
(24-02-2014 12:26 PM)cjlr Wrote:  If you press such believing people - AIG included, dipshits that they are - on the whole fuckwitted story, they will eventually recourse to a miraculous explanation.

At which point their claims become unfalsifiable and simultaneously meaningless, since removing the specifics from the realm of human investigation (they're necessarily beyond all reason and evidence) means that belief in them must come from faith alone, that they are admitting to have no material evidence whatsoever, that they cannot convince people of the truth of their religion through pointing to external reality (since, naturally, the rest of the Bible's mythic history isn't true either)...

Sooner or later you're then left with only subjective personal experience and the No True Scotsman fallacy. God knows how that's supposed to convince anybody.

Yeah, I'd be a lot more happy if the people were more up front about this, instead of making stuff up to fit their world view. For example: if I asked someone why they believe in God, I'd be much happier if they answered "It's something I take on faith." rather than something like "The second law of thermodynamics proves evolution is wrong." or some shit.

Just cut to the chase and say you believe in magic with no proof that it exists, and call it a day. I won't take that person seriously, but I also won't think they're dishonest.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
24-02-2014, 02:51 PM
And then they get upset when we laugh in their faces.
[+] 4 users Like englishrose's post
24-02-2014, 03:50 PM
(24-02-2014 12:09 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  "The story we have all heard from movies, television, newspapers, and most magazines and textbooks is that dinosaurs “ruled the Earth” for 140 million years, died out 65 million years ago, and therefore weren’t around when Noah and company set sail on the Ark around 4,300 years ago.

In Genesis 6:19–20, the Bible says that two of every sort of land vertebrate (seven of the “clean” animals) were brought by God to the Ark. Therefore, dinosaurs (land vertebrates) were represented on the Ark.
How Did Those Huge Dinosaurs Fit on the Ark?
Although there are about 668 names of dinosaurs, there are perhaps only 55 different “kinds” of dinosaurs. Furthermore, not all dinosaurs were huge like the brachiosaurus, and even those dinosaurs on the Ark were probably “teenagers” or young adults."

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles...-noahs-ark
hahahahahah lol the noah's arc story is so ridiculous!
24-02-2014, 04:20 PM
(24-02-2014 02:36 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Yeah, I'd be a lot more happy if the people were more up front about this, instead of making stuff up to fit their world view. For example: if I asked someone why they believe in God, I'd be much happier if they answered "It's something I take on faith." rather than something like "The second law of thermodynamics proves evolution is wrong." or some shit.

Just cut to the chase and say you believe in magic with no proof that it exists, and call it a day. I won't take that person seriously, but I also won't think they're dishonest.

Yep. It's hideously dishonest, but it's also hideously profitable, I guess...

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
24-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Dinos were on the ark! It happened like this...God had a zapper like Rick Moranis

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
24-02-2014, 06:21 PM
Dinos on the ark. Cuz why the hell not have them on that magical adventure? I'm sure those Spinosauruses can squeeze between the elephants and the kangaroos. But you couldn't remember the damn unicorns? Dammit, Noah! You remember the other boring animals over that majestic creature?! Green alligators, long neck geese, humped back camels, chimpanzees, rats, cats, elephants, but no unicorn?

Seriously though, part of me is curious how/when they think the dinosaurs died if God somehow decided they should survive a flood? I mean, isn't that just stupid to save them to then say, "well, I'm sorry mine dearest giant reptilian creatures, but thine days are numbered" and killing them off? I'm sure not curious enough to dig through this AIG crap though.

[Image: notagain.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Miss Suzanne's post
24-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Why are they so obsessed over the dinosaurs being on the boat, anyway? It just makes it harder to explain, while claiming they didn't get on for whatever reason doesn't. "They died off beforehand" is much easier than "Well, first, we need to make up a category system, then factor in a few hundred tons more food, then pretend that young tyrannosaurs wouldn't be dangerous at all, and then..." on and on and on.

Is it just so the Creation Museum can feature them in more exhibits?
24-02-2014, 06:46 PM
That fiasco seems to be heading down the shitter.

http://deadstate.org/kentuckys-creation-...nce-video/

Quote:In a developing story from Kentucky, the Creation Museum is running out of money due to declining attendance, bringing their “Ark Encounter” project to a stand-still because of a lack of funding.

Interestingly, the reason for the slowing traffic seems to be creationism itself, since the main exhibit has literally not changed in 5 years. Most museums’ exhibits change as new discoveries are made, as artifacts travel from other museums to visit, or as adjustments in scientific thinking are made.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post