The holier then thou tone of adults.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2014, 05:20 PM
The holier then thou tone of adults.
Why? I have always wondered why some adults think we are the spawns of every religions demon while they are the children of every religions god? As if their generation was picture perfect.

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
06-04-2014, 06:26 PM
RE: The holier then thou tone of adults.
Unsure am I allowed to post here? Lol kick me out if I'm not!

I think it's about change, the older you get the harder it is sometimes to deal with change. There's just so much of it. Time seems to speed up the older you get, so change seems to happen quicker as well. Also part nostalgia for the way things used to be.

[Image: dlapuo244d3.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
06-04-2014, 06:44 PM
(06-04-2014 06:26 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Unsure am I allowed to post here? Lol kick me out if I'm not!

I think it's about change, the older you get the harder it is sometimes to deal with change. There's just so much of it. Time seems to speed up the older you get, so change seems to happen quicker as well. Also part nostalgia for the way things used to be.

Thanks for the input, now GTFO off my sanctuary! OFF TO THE SBT WITH YOU, NOW THAT IT IS 18 AND UP YOU CAN DO EVEN MORE! NOW BEGONE!

[Image: hyena_icon_large_by_griffsnuff-d3juy9l.gif] All request for metazoa info and my larger projects should be sent PM
06-04-2014, 06:52 PM
(06-04-2014 05:20 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Why? I have always wondered why some adults think we are the spawns of every religions demon while they are the children of every religions god? As if their generation was picture perfect.
Because they have this notion that they know better (and most of the time, they are right).

It's not age, but experience that matters. I've been forced to grow up a lot more than a normal kid my age, but all some people see are the numbers of my birthday, not what I have lived through.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
06-04-2014, 06:59 PM
(06-04-2014 06:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 05:20 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Why? I have always wondered why some adults think we are the spawns of every religions demon while they are the children of every religions god? As if their generation was picture perfect.
Because they have this notion that they know better (and most of the time, they are right).

It's not age, but experience that matters. I've been forced to grow up a lot more than a normal kid my age, but all some people see are the numbers of my birthday, not what I have lived through.

Yes but wasn't everybody once bad? What generation is better then the other? In fact what is better from something like the 80's 90's or 70's they were better than us? The difference is sir is that they generations that made fun of them are old and in the shadows now. So something that was said to be evil (i.e, metal and rap) is now good because it comes from the 80's because the teens listening to that then are adults now. Like smercury said it is because of change. Many of us that are teens now will say the same about the next generation.

06-04-2014, 07:05 PM
(06-04-2014 06:59 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 06:52 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Because they have this notion that they know better (and most of the time, they are right).

Yes but wasn't everybody once bad? What generation is better then the other? In fact what is better from something like the 80's 90's or 70's they were better than us? The difference is sir is that they generations that made fun of them are old and in the shadows now. So something that was said to be evil (i.e, metal and rap) is now good because it comes from the 80's because the teens listening to that then are adults now. Like smercury said it is because of change. Many of us that are teens now will say the same about the next generation.
I doubt I will.

Each generation has it's ups and downs.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
06-04-2014, 07:08 PM
(06-04-2014 07:05 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 06:59 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Yes but wasn't everybody once bad? What generation is better then the other? In fact what is better from something like the 80's 90's or 70's they were better than us? The difference is sir is that they generations that made fun of them are old and in the shadows now. So something that was said to be evil (i.e, metal and rap) is now good because it comes from the 80's because the teens listening to that then are adults now. Like smercury said it is because of change. Many of us that are teens now will say the same about the next generation.
I doubt I will.

Each generation has it's ups and downs.

I on the other hand can't say. I mean there is thisConfused

But I agree, there is no perfect generation, now only if some adults can realize that.

06-04-2014, 08:35 PM
I think they see all of the tools and gadgets that we have that make life efficient, and say we're lazy and narcissistic because we have these tools that make life so easy.
I think they forgot the line between laziness and efficiency.
Also, the older ones are probably confused and angered that about no one uses the traditional methods they have used all of their life, and they are confused about the new methods of social interaction and what is acceptable and what is not.

Insulting me will convert me real fast!
MSBB:
Don't let anyone define who you are.
Me:
Can we define him as he defines himself? Or will he define himself as we define how he defines himself? But, if we do that, will we define him as he defines himself based on our definition of how we see him define himself?
[+] 2 users Like Alex_Leonardo's post
06-04-2014, 08:48 PM
(06-04-2014 08:35 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I think they see all of the tools and gadgets that we have that make life efficient, and say we're lazy and narcissistic because we have these tools that make life so easy.
I think they forgot the line between laziness and efficiency.
Also, the older ones are probably confused and angered that about no one uses the traditional methods they have used all of their life, and they are confused about the new methods of social interaction and what is acceptable and what is not.

I like this input. Unfortunately I have no input at weather you are a teen or not. If you aren't I banish you to the adult playground.

06-04-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: C
Re: The holier than thou attitude of *some* adults.
That's cuz they KNOW they are :
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...-than-thou

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post