The holier then thou tone of adults.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2014, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2014 04:10 AM by Dee.)
RE: The holier then thou tone of adults.
ThePaleolithicFreeThinker Wrote:
"I like this input. Unfortunately I have no input at weather you are a teen or not. If you aren't I banish you to the adult playground."

Gasp

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2014, 05:16 AM
Adults eh? Well I am 49. If ever I meet one I'll let you know.

Here's the thing I have learned in my 41 years on my own; most people are full of shit. Most adults have not got a clue and they just make it up as they go along.

I have worked with literally thousands of people. From cowboys to crazy pilots to over the top pop stars. I have witnessed adults throw temper tantrums when they did not get their way. I have seen men totally lose themselves in anger and frustration because they did not have the courage to communicate an issue. I have seen women chase after bands I was in and throw their underwear in desperation for some attention.

Then I have seen the quiet stoicism of a father of a current student battle cancer without a complaint. His 13 year old boy as stoic wnd controlled as his dad.

The man and the boy are equallly brave. I see no great virtue in someone just because they are an adult.

If you are young and reading this, weigh every thing you hear. Don't just take it. Use your judgement. I probably have more faith in the youth than I do in anything else. I look forward to new music, new and fresh ideas. Trust yourselves. But be wary and careful. Arrogance is a killer.

Good luck. And fuck any person who tells you what to do!

Recently suffered loss of intelligence. Had little to begin with! I should not miss it.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
09-04-2014, 02:48 PM
(06-04-2014 08:48 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 08:35 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I think they see all of the tools and gadgets that we have that make life efficient, and say we're lazy and narcissistic because we have these tools that make life so easy.
I think they forgot the line between laziness and efficiency.
Also, the older ones are probably confused and angered that about no one uses the traditional methods they have used all of their life, and they are confused about the new methods of social interaction and what is acceptable and what is not.

I like this input. Unfortunately I have no input at weather you are a teen or not. If you aren't I banish you to the adult playground.

THEY HATE YOU 'CUZ YOU CAN'T SPELL WHETHER!

Just kidding. I think it has something to do with not understanding it. People don't want to accept that some things are just beyond them and they will never get it. That's why they lash out at it and dismiss it. Some adults manage to either keep up or realise that they can't keep up and those people are a blessing from Go... I mean Satan.

[Image: godtroll.php]