The how many serious injuries have you had thread. :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2016, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2016 05:06 PM by Banjo.)
The how many serious injuries have you had thread. :)
I'll start.

Right arm broken 5 times. One of these times totally snapped both bones and required 2 operations to fix.
Total broken bones: 6.

Nose broken 9 times. First playing Australian rules football as a child. Various industrial accidents account for the next 7 including getting my face smashed by a piece of pipe that smashed down onto my face hitting my eyebrow resulting in several stitches, broke my nose and knocked out some teeth. The last time embarrassingly with a drumstick before an audience of approx' 600 people. Smile

4 broken ribs.

Fractured spine. 1.

Broken heel right foot. 1.

4 broken fingers. All industrial accidents working as a child.

4 broken toes. Industrial accidents.

Total broken bones, 29.

Ruptured kidney suffered during full contact sparring practice with one of my martial arts masters while wearing no protective gear. He got me with a well placed side kick when I made a mistake.

Thrown off horse while working, aged 9. Damaged spine. Multiple bruising. Unable to walk for 3 weeks.

Hit by a car, aged ten. Multiple bruising and hospitalisation. Damage to spine.

Currently age 51. So I have had a broken bone for more than half my life. Big Grin

Nishi reminded me.

Serious cuts. Too many to recall.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Banjo's post
13-03-2016, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2016 10:47 AM by Nishi Karano Kaze.)
RE: The how many serious injuries have you had thread, :)
I've never had a broken bone, but:

Aged 3: I smashed up my neighbor's greenhouse with their nephew. I cut my foot badly and got stitched together.

Aged ? ? ?: Fell on some freshly cut bushes. My wrist got torn open as did nerves, tendons and the artery. To this day I can't stand watching torn wrists in movies.

Aged ? ? ?: Neighbor accidentally threw a stone in my eye. (Note: From what I recall, this is the most painful thing I've ever tried.)

Aged 21: Made a bet with a class mate, who could jump out of a window, located 5-6 meters over the ground, run up again jump out again, ten times the fastest. On my third jump, I landed badly but tried to keep running. I made it to the classroom door which my classmates had barred so I wouldn't jump again. That properly save me a much worse injury. I went to the emergency room two weeks later so I didn't have to do some school outing that I didn't wanted to participate in. It hurt walking for well over a month.

I think that's it. . . well apart from some suicide attempts.
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
13-03-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: The how many serious injuries have you had thread. :)
I've had all my toes broken (horses), nearly cut off my pointer finger on the end knuckle on my left hand trying to imitate the Galloping Gourmet chopping onions, tore my ankle out when in high school, tore my knee out three times, broke my back at aged 13 (fell on some concrete steps and broke the tips off of the short ribs in my back and ruptured three vertebrae) and hit my head on the bottom of the pool when I dove in the shallow end while on vacation at the age of 9, lost consciousness and was concussed.

My husband (at that time) left the cabinet door above my head open when we were looking for something, he in the top cabinet and me in the bottom cabinet. When I raised to stand upright I caught the corner of the door with my forehead and it knocked me out on the kitchen floor. Still have a dent in my skull in my hairline that you can still feel. Oh, and again my husband dropped a bowling ball on my bare foot and broke it. Hmmm... I think I owe him a few. Consider

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
13-03-2016, 05:21 PM
(13-03-2016 05:12 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I've had all my toes broken (horses), nearly cut off my pointer finger on the end knuckle on my left hand trying to imitate the Galloping Gourmet chopping onions, tore my ankle out when in high school, tore my knee out three times, broke my back at aged 13 (fell on some concrete steps and broke the tips off of the short ribs in my back and ruptured three vertebrae) and hit my head on the bottom of the pool when I dove in the shallow end while on vacation at the age of 9, lost consciousness and was concussed.

My husband (at that time) left the cabinet door above my head open when we were looking for something, he in the top cabinet and me in the bottom cabinet. When I raised to stand upright I caught the corner of the door with my forehead and it knocked me out on the kitchen floor. Still have a dent in my skull in my hairline that you can still feel. Oh, and again my husband dropped a bowling ball on my bare foot and broke it. Hmmm... I think I owe him a few. Consider
I think he payed his debt when you broke his bowling ball with your foot. (^_^)
[+] 4 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
13-03-2016, 05:25 PM
I passed out in South East Asia and woke up on California in 1972. Three months there. In 1975 a boat loaded with dynamite got hit by lightning. I was in the safety boat and spent a month in traction.

Various other traumas since then. I don't keep count.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
13-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Not sure how 'serious' serious is...but....

Stepped on a rusty nail that went almost all the way through my foot when I was about 5.

Climbing around on a wooden trailer I was climbing back down and got stuck because a bent, rusty nail went up under my kneecap...I was about 6 or 7. Dad had to lift me up off the nail to free me. UGH!

Pushed into a creek in high school and when I got up I had a rock imbedded in my knee and by the time I got up the bank there was blood all the way to my ankle.

During a moment with dad, he punched me in the nose so hard that I lifted up off the ground and didn't land till I landed on mom and dad's bed about 6 feet behind me...broke my nose.

Slugged in the stomach during another moment with dad...my back was against the kitchen counter so there was no give. Dropped to my knees and was then kicked in my sides and head.

Slammed into walls more times than I can count, once till I blacked out. Again, moments with dad.

Another father-daughter bonding moment...was sitting in my car with the window down. Dad grabbed my hair and beat one side of my face into the steering wheel and the other side of my face into the door of the car...cracked cheekbones. Followed by him dragging me down the driveway on my back (I was in a halter top) taking most of the skin off my back. More of the kicks in the sides and quite a loss of hair from my head. Impressive black eyes too.

Broken right wrist due to being a klutz when I was about 18.

In front of my girls, dad picked me up and slammed me to the floor on my face causing the rim of my glasses to slice open the skin just under my eyebrow and also leaving an impressive black eye.

Rear-ended and thrown into the windshield several years ago.

Dragged by a spooked German Shepherd...flew through the air and landed on my face...again with a gash and black eye...this time above the eyebrow...still a nasty scar. Knocked unconscious. Got up and scared my then ten year old son to death as I was covered in sand, grass, and blood.

Bones break spontaneously in my feet from time to time...that sucks.

All other scars/injuries are surgery related.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-03-2016, 05:37 PM
I've been very lucky. Despite all of the shit I've gotten myself into, I have yet to break anything. I've sprained a few ankles, had many bruises, threw my knee a bit out of whack (all better now though, did not need surgery) and that's about it. Praise FSM Wink
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
13-03-2016, 05:40 PM
(13-03-2016 05:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not sure how 'serious' serious is...but....

Stepped on a rusty nail that went almost all the way through my foot when I was about 5.

Climbing around on a wooden trailer I was climbing back down and got stuck because a bent, rusty nail went up under my kneecap...I was about 6 or 7. Dad had to lift me up off the nail to free me. UGH!

Pushed into a creek in high school and when I got up I had a rock imbedded in my knee and by the time I got up the bank there was blood all the way to my ankle.

During a moment with dad, he punched me in the nose so hard that I lifted up off the ground and didn't land till I landed on mom and dad's bed about 6 feet behind me...broke my nose.

Slugged in the stomach during another moment with dad...my back was against the kitchen counter so there was no give. Dropped to my knees and was then kicked in my sides and head.

Slammed into walls more times than I can count, once till I blacked out. Again, moments with dad.

Another father-daughter bonding moment...was sitting in my car with the window down. Dad grabbed my hair and beat one side of my face into the steering wheel and the other side of my face into the door of the car...cracked cheekbones. Followed by him dragging me down the driveway on my back (I was in a halter top) taking most of the skin off my back. More of the kicks in the sides and quite a loss of hair from my head. Impressive black eyes too.

In front of my girls, dad picked me up and slammed me to the floor on my face causing the rim of my glasses to slice open the skin just under my eyebrow and also leaving an impressive black eye.

Dragged by a spooked German Shepherd...flew through the air and landed on my face...again with a gash and black eye...this time above the eyebrow...still a nasty scar. Knocked unconscious. Got up and scared my then ten year old son to death as I was covered in sand, grass, and blood.

No offense but I hope your dad died in a horrible accident with fire. Fuck, oh fuck. Sad

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 6 users Like Heatheness's post
13-03-2016, 05:46 PM
(13-03-2016 05:40 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(13-03-2016 05:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not sure how 'serious' serious is...but....

No offense but I hope your dad died in a horrible accident with fire. Fuck, oh fuck. Sad

He did die a horrible death. But we made a certain peace beforehand.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-03-2016, 06:04 PM
I have never been seriously hurt, just a small third degree burn on my left hand at age 3. My grandparents are(were) more impressive. Both lacked fingers due to accidents with lumber machines. My dad has fractured his skull twice while maintaining the combine harvester.

But I was almost crushed by the Ford 5000 while swapping wheels a few years ago.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."