The how many serious injuries have you had thread. :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: The how many serious injuries have you had thread. :)
I've had to have a couple of toes sewn up.
Stitches in my right thigh from a rusty car fender.
Broke my right hand a few times.
Ruptured colon, required surgery and resulted in my wearing a colostomy bag for a while. It was later reversed.
Had metal removed from my eyes several times.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
13-03-2016, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 13-03-2016 06:27 PM by carol.)
I jumped off a roof pretending I was wonder woman when I was four- ( wrapped a towel around my neck for a cape but it did not work) broke both legs and arms. Got pushed through glass window when I was eight- a lot of stitches in my side. Broke arm several times around nine, broke leg at ten- jumping between building rooftops. as a teen was thrown from bucking horse, hoof clipped my ear and I had stitches and concussion. Lots of broken toes, just doing stupid stuff. Some major falls, always from climbing and hiking, which resulted in a few broken bones, my coccyx, ribs, and a part of my hip, had to get a pericardial window from pressure on my heart from lymph fluid, ( I covered up the zipper scar with a great tattoo of cherry blossoms)a shunt,( now removed) had a lot of lymph nodes removed and a few other parts which I did not need much like my thyroid. Broke both front teeth fighting back when mugged. Broke fingers too punching back. Missing some body parts from serious illnesses- hodgekins lymphoma, and thyroid cancer, both resulted in many stitches, and very low immunity so I almost died from pneumonia. Bit by horse, several aggressive dogs, bit by black widow spider, brown recluse spider, gila monster, rattle snake, a few scorpion stings, and a few jelly fish stings. Rubbed off on a cactus when riding a burro in the bottom of the grand canyon...ouch. Lots of road rash from bicycles and motorcycles, mostly my own fault from falls and such.. Several hypothermia events and one heat stroke, both because I went too far and did too much... Twice almost drowned, both in rough water kayaking, got sick from the water in my lungs. Several very nasty electric shocks...doing stupid stuff with not enough training. I have pretty serious neuropathy, and have had a little frostbite Had some very nasty altitude sickness once, riding much too high over mountains with a crazy pilot in an unpressurized plane in Alaska. I have had some very close calls with various wild animals but did not get hurt...
[+] 2 users Like carol's post
13-03-2016, 06:17 PM
(13-03-2016 05:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not sure how 'serious' serious is...but....

Stepped on a rusty nail that went almost all the way through my foot when I was about 5.

Climbing around on a wooden trailer I was climbing back down and got stuck because a bent, rusty nail went up under my kneecap...I was about 6 or 7. Dad had to lift me up off the nail to free me. UGH!

Pushed into a creek in high school and when I got up I had a rock imbedded in my knee and by the time I got up the bank there was blood all the way to my ankle.

During a moment with dad, he punched me in the nose so hard that I lifted up off the ground and didn't land till I landed on mom and dad's bed about 6 feet behind me...broke my nose.

Slugged in the stomach during another moment with dad...my back was against the kitchen counter so there was no give. Dropped to my knees and was then kicked in my sides and head.

Slammed into walls more times than I can count, once till I blacked out. Again, moments with dad.

Another father-daughter bonding moment...was sitting in my car with the window down. Dad grabbed my hair and beat one side of my face into the steering wheel and the other side of my face into the door of the car...cracked cheekbones. Followed by him dragging me down the driveway on my back (I was in a halter top) taking most of the skin off my back. More of the kicks in the sides and quite a loss of hair from my head. Impressive black eyes too.

Broken right wrist due to being a klutz when I was about 18.

In front of my girls, dad picked me up and slammed me to the floor on my face causing the rim of my glasses to slice open the skin just under my eyebrow and also leaving an impressive black eye.

Rear-ended and thrown into the windshield several years ago.

Dragged by a spooked German Shepherd...flew through the air and landed on my face...again with a gash and black eye...this time above the eyebrow...still a nasty scar. Knocked unconscious. Got up and scared my then ten year old son to death as I was covered in sand, grass, and blood.

Bones break spontaneously in my feet from time to time...that sucks.

All other scars/injuries are surgery related.

Gasp
Your father was awful, I am so sorry...
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
13-03-2016, 06:26 PM
Plenty of black eyes, including one instance of my eye being swollen shut for a few days. Not the first time I bit off more than I could chew when it came to calling out prospective sparring partners way out of my league. To that end, I've been knocked out or chocked out a few times as well.

A few cuts requiring stitches, the worst of which I got while wading in the bay and slicing my knee open on a wire sticking out of a crab trap I didn't see.

A scar on my eye from a crash when I was a kid that resulted in my face slamming against the dashboard.

A bald(er) spot on my head from where my sister's boyfriend hit me with a meat tenderizer while I was dragging his ass through the kitchen towards the back door

Got a nasty foot infection once after jumping into a lake and landing on something that pierced my foot. By the next day my foot was too swollen for shoes. That probably would have been the worst had it not been for modern antibiotics.

Brown recluse bite on my leg that, even today, seems to get spontaneously re-infected from time to time for no apparent reason. Must have fucked something up in my leg :/

Poison ivy, sumac, stinging nettle, etc. more times than I can count.

Small chigger infestation on my foot after making the mistake of sleeping with my foot exposed while training in a Louisiana swamp in an attempt to let my blisters air out.

A couple minor shocks, including a little RF burn, because I'm a man and a former tech nerd and that kind of shit happens Tongue

Got something nasty in my gut after eating street vendor food in rural China, requiring a colonoscopy and some random medication. I still don't know for sure what it was because my Chinese wasn't very good yet.

Nothing life threatening, though not for lack of trying. And no broken bones. My guardian demon is watching over me Evil_monster

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
13-03-2016, 06:38 PM
Never had any serious injuries. Closest thing I can think of is a pulled tendon in my left bicep, which I had to get a cast for, but it wasn't too difficult to deal with.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
13-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Way back when President Nixon decided that day light savings time should be extended all winter long one year I ran out of gas and was standing outside of my car in the predawn darkness when a fool ran a stop sign and crushed my leg between the front of his Stupid Baker Lark and my 1949 Buick Roadmaster. In such a position that I was able to get out from between the two cars. The fender of the old Buick was not bent clear to touching the tire, but his fan and radiator were crushed against his engine. I got to wear cast for six weeks.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
13-03-2016, 06:41 PM
(13-03-2016 05:02 PM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  I've never had a broken bone, but:

Aged 3: I smashed up my neighbor's greenhouse with their nephew. I cut my foot badly and got stitched together.

Aged ? ? ?: Fell on some freshly cut bushes. My wrist got torn open as did nerves, tendons and the artery. To this day I can't stand watching torn wrists in movies.

Aged ? ? ?: Neighbor accidentally threw a stone in my eye. (Note: From what I recall, this is the most painful thing I've every tried.)

Aged 21: Made a bet with a class mate, who could jump out of a window, located 5-6 meters over the ground, run up again jump out again, ten times the fastest. On my third jump, I landed badly but tried to keep running. I made it to the classroom door which my classmates had barred so I wouldn't jump again. That properly save me a much worse injury. I went to the emergency room two weeks later so I didn't have to do some school outing that I didn't wanted to participate in. It hurt walking for well over a month.

I think that's it. . . well apart from some suicide attempts.

Glad you're still with us!

(13-03-2016 05:12 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I've had all my toes broken (horses), nearly cut off my pointer finger on the end knuckle on my left hand trying to imitate the Galloping Gourmet chopping onions, tore my ankle out when in high school, tore my knee out three times, broke my back at aged 13 (fell on some concrete steps and broke the tips off of the short ribs in my back and ruptured three vertebrae) and hit my head on the bottom of the pool when I dove in the shallow end while on vacation at the age of 9, lost consciousness and was concussed.

My husband (at that time) left the cabinet door above my head open when we were looking for something, he in the top cabinet and me in the bottom cabinet. When I raised to stand upright I caught the corner of the door with my forehead and it knocked me out on the kitchen floor. Still have a dent in my skull in my hairline that you can still feel. Oh, and again my husband dropped a bowling ball on my bare foot and broke it. Hmmm... I think I owe him a few. Consider

Bloody hell!

(13-03-2016 05:25 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I passed out in South East Asia and woke up on California in 1972. Three months there. In 1975 a boat loaded with dynamite got hit by lightning. I was in the safety boat and spent a month in traction.

Various other traumas since then. I don't keep count.

Jebus!

(13-03-2016 05:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not sure how 'serious' serious is...but....

Stepped on a rusty nail that went almost all the way through my foot when I was about 5.

Climbing around on a wooden trailer I was climbing back down and got stuck because a bent, rusty nail went up under my kneecap...I was about 6 or 7. Dad had to lift me up off the nail to free me. UGH!

Pushed into a creek in high school and when I got up I had a rock imbedded in my knee and by the time I got up the bank there was blood all the way to my ankle.

During a moment with dad, he punched me in the nose so hard that I lifted up off the ground and didn't land till I landed on mom and dad's bed about 6 feet behind me...broke my nose.

Slugged in the stomach during another moment with dad...my back was against the kitchen counter so there was no give. Dropped to my knees and was then kicked in my sides and head.

Slammed into walls more times than I can count, once till I blacked out. Again, moments with dad.

Another father-daughter bonding moment...was sitting in my car with the window down. Dad grabbed my hair and beat one side of my face into the steering wheel and the other side of my face into the door of the car...cracked cheekbones. Followed by him dragging me down the driveway on my back (I was in a halter top) taking most of the skin off my back. More of the kicks in the sides and quite a loss of hair from my head. Impressive black eyes too.

Broken right wrist due to being a klutz when I was about 18.

In front of my girls, dad picked me up and slammed me to the floor on my face causing the rim of my glasses to slice open the skin just under my eyebrow and also leaving an impressive black eye.

Rear-ended and thrown into the windshield several years ago.

Dragged by a spooked German Shepherd...flew through the air and landed on my face...again with a gash and black eye...this time above the eyebrow...still a nasty scar. Knocked unconscious. Got up and scared my then ten year old son to death as I was covered in sand, grass, and blood.

Bones break spontaneously in my feet from time to time...that sucks.

All other scars/injuries are surgery related.

That is all very seious! Sad

(13-03-2016 06:12 PM)pablo Wrote:  I've had to have a couple of toes sewn up.
Stitches in my right thigh from a rusty car fender.
Broke my right hand a few times.
Ruptured colon, required surgery and resulted in my wearing a colostomy bag for a while. It was later reversed.
Had metal removed from my eyes several times.

Yikes!

(13-03-2016 06:14 PM)carol Wrote:  I jumped off a roof pretending I was wonder woman when I was four- ( wrapped a towel around my neck for a cape but it did not work) broke both legs and arms. Got pushed through glass window when I was eight- a lot of stitches in my side. Broke arm several times around nine, broke leg at ten- jumping between building rooftops. as a teen was thrown from bucking horse, hoof clipped my ear and I had stitches and concussion. Lots of broken toes, just doing stupid stuff. Some major falls, always from climbing and hiking, which resulted in a few broken bones, my coccyx, ribs, and a part of my hip, had to get a pericardial window from pressure on my heart from lymph fluid, ( I covered up the zipper scar with a great tattoo of cherry blossoms)a shunt,( now removed) had a lot of lymph nodes removed and a few other parts which I did not need much like my thyroid. Broke both front teeth fighting back when mugged. Broke fingers too punching back. Missing some body parts from serious illnesses- hodgekins lymphoma, and thyroid cancer, both resulted in many stitches, and very low immunity so I almost died from pneumonia. Bit by horse, several aggressive dogs, bit by black widow spider, brown recluse spider, gila monster, rattle snake, a few scorpion stings, and a few jelly fish stings. Rubbed off on a cactus when riding a burro in the bottom of the grand canyon...ouch. Lots of road rash from bicycles and motorcycles, mostly my own fault from falls and such.. Several hypothermia events and one heat stroke, both because I went too far and did too much... Twice almost drowned, both in rough water kayaking, got sick from the water in my lungs. Several very nasty electric shocks...doing stupid stuff with not enough training. I have pretty serious neuropathy, and have had a little frostbite Had some very nasty altitude sickness once, riding much too high over mountains with a crazy pilot in an unpressurized plane in Alaska. I have had some very close calls with various wild animals but did not get hurt...

Holy crap Carol!

(13-03-2016 06:26 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Plenty of black eyes, including one instance of my eye being swollen shut for a few days. Not the first time I bit off more than I could chew when it came to calling out prospective sparring partners way out of my league. To that end, I've been knocked out or chocked out a few times as well.

A few cuts requiring stitches, the worst of which I got while wading in the bay and slicing my knee open on a wire sticking out of a crab trap I didn't see.

A scar on my eye from a crash when I was a kid that resulted in my face slamming against the dashboard.

A bald(er) spot on my head from where my sister's boyfriend hit me with a meat tenderizer while I was dragging his ass through the kitchen towards the back door

Got a nasty foot infection once after jumping into a lake and landing on something that pierced my foot. By the next day my foot was too swollen for shoes. That probably would have been the worst had it not been for modern antibiotics.

Brown recluse bite on my leg that, even today, seems to get spontaneously re-infected from time to time for no apparent reason. Must have fucked something up in my leg :/

Poison ivy, sumac, stinging nettle, etc. more times than I can count.

Small chigger infestation on my foot after making the mistake of sleeping with my foot exposed while training in a Louisiana swamp in an attempt to let my blisters air out.

A couple minor shocks, including a little RF burn, because I'm a man and a former tech nerd and that kind of shit happens Tongue

Got something nasty in my gut after eating street vendor food in rural China, requiring a colonoscopy and some random medication. I still don't know for sure what it was because my Chinese wasn't very good yet.

Nothing life threatening, though not for lack of trying. And no broken bones. My guardian demon is watching over me Evil_monster

Did you do martial arts?

A post above reminded me I nearly lost my left eye when a blacksmith. Hot scale bit my eyeball off red hot metal, about 1900C. I closed my eye and also got blisters on the inside of my eyelids. Aged 16.

I had no idea what to expect with thread. Amazing.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
13-03-2016, 06:41 PM
(13-03-2016 06:14 PM)carol Wrote:  Several hypothermia events and one heat stroke, both because I went too far and did too much...

I actually have gotten heat stroke once now that you mention it. Pushed myself too hard when bike riding.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
13-03-2016, 06:57 PM
I've had various breaks, fractures and stitches throughout the years...nothing major and nothing compared to the shit Anjele went through.

The most painful was when I attempted to fix my dislocated shoulder. I ended up making matters worse. I somehow managed to get the shoulder back in place but caused a hairline fracture on the shoulder bone. It was the worst pain I ever felt.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
13-03-2016, 06:59 PM
(13-03-2016 06:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Did you do martial arts?

Yep. Never stuck with the same one very long due to moving around a lot, though. Kuk Sool Won while stationed in Florida, Aikido and Jujitsu in Japan, Muay Thai after returning to the states, San Da/Chinese kickboxing in China, more San Da and Jujitsu in Vegas. Amazing place for good schools with the high number of pro fighters in the area. That's where I met master Shi Xing Wei, a former monk and ranking San Da competitor back in China. He's the one who shin kicked me in the face and sent me home with my eye swollen shut after I was talking shit about Shaolin kung fu being impractical :/ All in good sport, awesome guy. Since moving to Montreal I've taken up Krav Maga. The Amy also has me do combatives from time to time. Army combatives is similar to BJJ, but with a focus more on getting to a sidearm than going for a submission.

'Murican Canadian