The how many serious injuries have you had thread. :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2016, 09:58 AM
RE: The how many serious injuries have you had thread. :)
Jesus christ, everybody! Are you guys even real people or a cartoon character?

[Image: burned-wile.jpg]

[Image: Wile-coyote-caduta.jpg]

And some of you just aren't too bright. Rolleyes

[Image: Wile-E-Coyote-Blueprint-The-Anvil-Drop-T...1422646042]

[Image: wile-e-coyote.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
14-03-2016, 10:04 AM
(14-03-2016 02:24 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I've lost track of broken bones. At one time, several years ago, an orthopedic surgeon friend counted 32 healed fractures, in my x-rays, mostly from horses. I've fractured my skull twice and I have some residual problems from those. I used to keep score on stitches and staples from injuries but it turned into too much trouble. I know it's something over 200 not counting surgeries.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I've been shot too by a crazy man who escaped from the state hospital. He shot me in the leg with a .22LR when I was a kid and it really pissed me off. Fortunately, a highway patrolman saw him shooting at me he put an end to it. [He shot the crazy man.]

Oh yeah, I almost forgot again, when I was in the Army, I was in a helicopter crash and got beaten up by that and I also got some shrapnel from a hand grenade in my right forearm. These were training accidents.

I'm sure there are many others that I can't think of right now. For example, in college, I got drunk and fought a Holstein bull. He broke a couple of my ribs and dislocated my right shoulder.

Hey, fellow crazy person!Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
14-03-2016, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2016 12:11 PM by Fireball.)
What I distinctly recall for injuries-

Lots of beatings as a kid, but none that left broken bones, just a bruised psyche.

When I was a kid, I was riding a neighbor's "Flexi Flyer"- think sled, but with wheels, because we lived in Southern California, and there was no snow. We lived next to a really steep street. I went to the top (probably 200 yards, easily a 10% grade) of the hill and rode it down. Failed to negotiate the turn onto our street, hit the curb with my face, but missed the fire hydrant. At that speed, an injury from getting wrapped around that hydrant would probably have killed me. Ended up with a nice black eye and my right cheek bone chipped.

Crashed my motorcycle ('72) when I slid in some sand on a mountain road. Excessive speed was involved. Slid down a long embankment into a stream, but didn't drown. Got a nice concussion. Still managed to ride the thing home, though people had to help me back up the embankment. Harleys are fucking heavy, and not meant for racing around on mountain roads.

Ruptured appendix at age 22, in '74. Two surgeries, as I went into shock 4 days after the first surgery. I suspect that something got left inside. The Navy never told me. I spent a total of 5 weeks in the hospital for an appendectomy. It took me a year before I felt right. I have had several episodes where that old illness has flared up due to having things like the flu; I have been hospitalized several times for it, and in '96 I had to have surgery because the scar tissue strangled my gut and it perforated due to the gas pressure. The food that contaminated my innards caused further infection, and I lost 32 pounds in 3 weeks.

2004, I was working on some plastic and the X-Acto blade I was using slipped and plunged into my wrist, all the way (1/2" wide, 1" plus deep). I was pissed. I know how to use a sharp instruments, and was at the point where I was thinking "I ought to change the position of the blade", when it slipped. I still have diminished sensation in my ring finger and pinky finger in my left hand.

2013, I was working on a car and dropped the driveshaft out of the rear trunnion, and it hit my head. Serious concussion, that still affects some of my memory function.

The number of other burns, cuts and bruises I've encountered as a mechanic are legion, and I won't detail them, but here's one, just for grins. The burn where I was taking an oil filter off a Volvo before it cooled enough and left a brand of the exhaust manifold part number seems to have disappeared into the other scars. A lot of injuries appear to be covered over by scars of the others.

I'm sure that there are other injuries, but they escape me. I've had a rough life, but not as bad as many.

Anjele and Nishi- Hug
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
14-03-2016, 10:58 AM
I've never really had serious injuries. put my teeth through my cheek twice as a kid. Most serious illness I had was Pre-eclampsia.
14-03-2016, 11:52 AM
(13-03-2016 05:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not sure how 'serious' serious is...but....

Stepped on a rusty nail that went almost all the way through my foot when I was about 5.

Climbing around on a wooden trailer I was climbing back down and got stuck because a bent, rusty nail went up under my kneecap...I was about 6 or 7. Dad had to lift me up off the nail to free me. UGH!

Pushed into a creek in high school and when I got up I had a rock imbedded in my knee and by the time I got up the bank there was blood all the way to my ankle.

During a moment with dad, he punched me in the nose so hard that I lifted up off the ground and didn't land till I landed on mom and dad's bed about 6 feet behind me...broke my nose.

Slugged in the stomach during another moment with dad...my back was against the kitchen counter so there was no give. Dropped to my knees and was then kicked in my sides and head.

Slammed into walls more times than I can count, once till I blacked out. Again, moments with dad.

Another father-daughter bonding moment...was sitting in my car with the window down. Dad grabbed my hair and beat one side of my face into the steering wheel and the other side of my face into the door of the car...cracked cheekbones. Followed by him dragging me down the driveway on my back (I was in a halter top) taking most of the skin off my back. More of the kicks in the sides and quite a loss of hair from my head. Impressive black eyes too.

Broken right wrist due to being a klutz when I was about 18.

In front of my girls, dad picked me up and slammed me to the floor on my face causing the rim of my glasses to slice open the skin just under my eyebrow and also leaving an impressive black eye.

Rear-ended and thrown into the windshield several years ago.

Dragged by a spooked German Shepherd...flew through the air and landed on my face...again with a gash and black eye...this time above the eyebrow...still a nasty scar. Knocked unconscious. Got up and scared my then ten year old son to death as I was covered in sand, grass, and blood.

Bones break spontaneously in my feet from time to time...that sucks.

All other scars/injuries are surgery related.

Gotta love your dad - not. I hope he found occasion to repent. Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Forgot one...or maybe I had blocked it from my memory.

In my early twenties I was waterskiing on the Mississippi River. It wasn't my first time but I am not the most coordinated person around. Anyway, I wiped out...big time and one of the ski tips flipped around and slammed right up between my legs.

Basically I gave myself an episiotomy with a water ski.

That was a fun one to explain to the ER doctor. Had to be stitched up...and no I don't have pictures. Undecided

That was my last time on skis.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-03-2016, 06:09 PM
(14-03-2016 05:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Basically I gave myself an episiotomy with a water ski.

............. GaspWeeping
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
14-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Broke my collar bone skiing in Second Grade.
Other than that, and of course being dropped on my head as an infant (as in "you must have been dropped on your head as a baby to be THAT nuts") which everyone in the family denies doing, I have a boring list of injuries.
Lots of bites from ocean water critters. Nothing serious.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-03-2016, 06:58 PM
No broken bones or life-threatening injuries... slammed into a tree as kid while sledding through the woods and did one hell of a job on one side of the face; for a few years afterwards every time it was cold one whole side of my face turned bright red. Luckily that faded and doesn't happen any more.

slipped from a rope swing and fell onto rocks that made a big gash in my forehead (the scar is still there, especially when I frown)

tore an ACL apparently without realizing it such that when I had the knee checked for something else they told me I had no ACL left and must have been torn years before

I've torn both rotator cuffs

I just realized that it's been about a year since I got a cortisone shot in my other knee because it was so sore I had a hard time with stairs. Except for some minor stiffness now and then it's been great. I hardly ever notice that it is bothering me.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
15-03-2016, 03:28 AM
(14-03-2016 09:58 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Jesus christ, everybody! Are you guys even real people or a cartoon character?

The one thing that's consistent with a new doctor reading my records is "How is it you are still alive?"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post