The hypocracy of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: The hypocracy of atheism
(19-08-2014 11:34 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 11:31 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  For you maybe. Not for the rest of us.

Where does your logic come from then, if you can't use any logic to figure that out? Consider

My logic comes from a process of synaptic association (or Hebbian learning) between neurons in my brain. This allows the brain to learn cause and effect, co-incidence, temporal sequences and patterns of behaviour that provide utility. This has allowed me to learn the different forms of logic that were taught to me and invented by other humans.

Through synaptic association, my brain recognises that circular reasoning does not allow for criticial thinking.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
19-08-2014, 01:27 PM
(19-08-2014 11:17 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(18-08-2014 08:40 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I'm kinda pissed at myself for missing this little mental shart, so I'll just correct that. I never said EVERYTHING requires a demonstration so that's a strawman that you erected to keep your good ship the HMS Stupid afloat.

Everything would need to be demonstrated if every claim was equal, but they are not. I don't require a demonstration to know that I should exit a plane when it's on the ground and not mid fucking flight, but yes I do need a demonstration when a person claims a talking snake tricked a woman made out of rib into eating a magic fruit and that the creator of all the universe and matter and time and energy and strawberry poptarts couldn't find the only two fucking humans in a fucking garden he fucking made.

They are not equal fucking claims you dick holster.

That position is self refuting. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence? How extraordinary? You'd better have some extraordinary evidence of this!

That you need to demonstrate a claim that goes against the documented and demonstrable workings of the universe is not in any way extraordinary, it is in fact very ordinary. Once again not all claims are equal and not all claims are extraordinary, if you bothered to learn what the fucking definition of extraordinary was you would know that.

Your attempts at stupid little word games and idiotic presuppositions might be convincing to you as a person that fully admits they are an idiot but to those of us who are not they are in no way compelling.

You have actually managed to take the "argument" Sye made and find a way to make it even stupider. Congratulations, now please fellate a shotgun your bringing the worlds average down.
19-08-2014, 01:30 PM
(19-08-2014 11:42 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  If you believe that logic isn't absolute, you don't.

What is absolute logic?
19-08-2014, 01:42 PM
(19-08-2014 11:42 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 11:39 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Logic is a philsophy, created by people. It is a method for examining truth claims. It proves useful, so I keep using it. Philosophy cannot evaluate all truth claims, because traditional philsophy uses a form of binary logic; things are true, things are false, there is no nuance or things between.

Not that this will help you, but there you go; philsophy without a divine origin, a reason to use it anyway, an acceptance that it doesn't lend itself to true certainty nor the ability to evaluate all kinds of "truth". No god necessary. By your own confession, you should be ecstatic Rolleyes

If you believe that logic isn't absolute, you don't.

What does "logic is absolute" mean?
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
19-08-2014, 02:51 PM
(19-08-2014 11:49 AM)Ray Butler Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 11:42 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  What, so I'm supposed to be an egotistical moron? Facepalm

The idea of ego being an inherently bad phenomena sounds very much like spirituality, not science.

Ego and egotistical are not the same thing.

And it's phenomenon; phenomena is plural.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2014, 02:55 PM
(19-08-2014 02:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  And it's phenomenon; phenomena is plural.

This may be helpful in remembering

[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
20-08-2014, 03:19 PM
(19-08-2014 01:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  My logic comes from a process of synaptic association (or Hebbian learning) between neurons in my brain.

How do you know this?

(19-08-2014 01:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  This allows the brain to learn cause and effect, co-incidence, temporal sequences and patterns of behaviour that provide utility.

How do you know this?

(19-08-2014 01:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  This has allowed me to learn the different forms of logic that were taught to me and invented by other humans.

How do you know this?

(19-08-2014 01:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Through synaptic association, my brain recognises that circular reasoning does not allow for criticial thinking.

Hobo

Truth seeker.
20-08-2014, 03:20 PM
(19-08-2014 01:13 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 11:33 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Probably because I'm a depressive realist.

How can you be a realist when you can only think in absolutes and therefore can't even the following question.

Does a fantasy exist?

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid611310

A fantasy, by definition, does not exist.

Truth seeker.
20-08-2014, 03:33 PM
So, has Diddo defined 'absolute logic' yet?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-08-2014, 03:35 PM
(20-08-2014 03:19 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 01:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  My logic comes from a process of synaptic association (or Hebbian learning) between neurons in my brain.

How do you know this?

(19-08-2014 01:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  This allows the brain to learn cause and effect, co-incidence, temporal sequences and patterns of behaviour that provide utility.

How do you know this?

(19-08-2014 01:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  This has allowed me to learn the different forms of logic that were taught to me and invented by other humans.

How do you know this?

(19-08-2014 01:26 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Through synaptic association, my brain recognises that circular reasoning does not allow for criticial thinking.

Hobo

You sound like a three-year old.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user