The hypocracy of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 04:34 PM
RE: The hypocracy of atheism
(16-08-2014 04:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ya'll are trying to make some sense of someone whose title is "My Brain Is Dead". Drinking Beverage

Ding.Ding.Ding. Guy has freely admitted to being too stupid to understand much of anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 04:34 PM
(16-08-2014 04:34 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ya'll are trying to make some sense of someone whose title is "My Brain Is Dead". Drinking Beverage

I'm trying to make sense of you. It's not going well.

Well, with that dead brain and all it would be challenging.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-08-2014, 04:35 PM
(16-08-2014 04:34 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  

I'm trying to make sense of you. It's not going well.
That's cause your brain dead you idiot. Heh
16-08-2014, 04:35 PM
(16-08-2014 04:35 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:34 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm trying to make sense of you. It's not going well.
That's cause your brain dead you idiot. Heh

So, you've given up trying to dogmatically assert that you have no dogma?

Truth seeker.
16-08-2014, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2014 04:48 PM by Mathilda.)
(16-08-2014 04:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You accuse christians of believing in things without evidence, but provide no evidence that your mind can be trusted.

You keep repeating yourself no matter how many times they are refuted. How many times have you used the argument that minds cannot be trusted and people have pointed out why this makes a feeble argument?

Why should anybody bother replying to you when it is now clear that you are deliberately trolling?

(16-08-2014 04:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You preach dogma just like religions do.

Your "deconversions" look very much like religious conversions.

And yet you continue to preach your dogma without a second thought. Surely someone who hates religion should be able to see this... Facepalm

I find it bizarre that the religious try to attack atheism by saying that it's just another religion. The argument implicitly admits that religion is a bad thing.

That then makes you the hypocrite because you can't deny being religious whereas we can.
[+] 8 users Like Mathilda's post
16-08-2014, 04:45 PM
(16-08-2014 04:35 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  So, you've given up trying to dogmatically assert that you have no dogma?

google definition of dogmatic

Quote:adjective: dogmatic

inclined to lay down principles as undeniably true.

What principles are laid down by atheism as undeniably true?
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
16-08-2014, 04:48 PM
(16-08-2014 04:42 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You accuse christians of believing in things without evidence, but provide no evidence that your mind can be trusted.

You keep repeating yourself no matter how many times they are refuted. How many times have you used the argument that minds cannot be trusted and people have pointed out why this makes a feeble argument?

Why should anybody bother replying to you when it is now clear that you are deliberately trolling?

(16-08-2014 04:09 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You preach dogma just like religions do.

And yet you continue to preach your dogma without a second thought. Surely someone who hates religion should be able to see this... Facepalm

I find it bizarre that the religious try to attack atheism by saying that it's just another religion. The argument implicitly admitd that religion is a bad thing.

That then makes you the hypocrite because you can't deny being religious whereas we can.

[Image: AF3J5_zpsb0ba1374.gif] Tongue
[+] 8 users Like pablo's post
16-08-2014, 04:58 PM

You preach dogma just like religions do.

There is a very simple answer to your criticism diddo. The validity of the mind is axiomatic. Any investigation into the reliability of the senses and reason must presuppose the validity of the the senses and reason. Reason and logic do not need to be "proved". They are our only means of "proving" anything so they are outside the realm of proof. The senses, reason and logic are necessarily valid.

Furthermore, logic is simply a recognition that things are what they are independently from anyone's consciousness and all we need do is accept this fact and hold to it absolutely. There is no circularity in relying on the senses and reason since they are not inferred from antecedent concepts but rest on self evident truths.

If our mind is not to be trusted as you say then how can you trust your knowledge of the existence of God. Presumably you arrived at your knowledge by using your untrustworthy mind.

You should think before you post such drivel.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 6 users Like true scotsman's post
16-08-2014, 05:04 PM
So this is some Sye Bruggencate nonsense. Lets play this the other way, atheist claim they can't be completely certain of anything. Fine, from a philosophical position, I agree. Now it is your turn; how are you certain of anything? What have you observed or experienced with absolute, unwavering certainty?
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
16-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Do you even care or do you just want to see what you say?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube