The hypocracy of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2014, 08:08 PM
RE: The hypocracy of atheism
(20-08-2014 07:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 07:53 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I have no idea.

So then by your logic you know nothing. So we can safely ignore everything you have said.

I think you broke him. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-08-2014, 08:17 PM
(20-08-2014 07:31 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 07:09 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  I'm curious. Were you born this fucking stupid or is there like.... a class you have to take some place?

Sye Ten Bruggencate convinced me. There is no way out of his arguments. I was pretty much a fundimentalist atheist before I encountered him.

Well now you are just fucking lying you piece of shit. You make ZERO mention of Sye Ten Bruggencate or his fucking stupid arguments until this:
(30-05-2014 12:22 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  "Proof that god exists"

His arguments feel brainwashy and obnoxious to me, but they're unrefutable. Any logical argument against them relies upon logic, which requires God. I don't know how he can be happy about this either. Christians always assert that life is meaningless without God, but I find it meaningless with their god. If the Bible is true, any sort of fun WHATSOEVER is evil and punishable with eternal torture. If the Bible is true, I will be bored for an eternity. That doesn't sound very meaningful to me. This doesn't help my already extreme depression, since there doesn't appear to be any way out of his arguments.

and in fact in your Sye vs Matt thread YOU point out many of the flaws of Sye's argument.
(03-06-2014 08:01 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I don't see how Sye's appeal to solipsism implies God. Why does God solve this problem? If we can't know anything, we couldn't possible know if God is real or honest.
Sye is hiding his naked assertions behind philosophical problems.
(03-06-2014 08:16 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  "truth is what corresponds with reality as percieved by God"

He has yet to demonstrate that this has anything to do with his holy book... Facepalm
(03-06-2014 08:28 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  He also seems to be under the delusion that he is immune to his own arguments.
(07-06-2014 07:05 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  His argument is almost indistiguishable from pure brainwashing. He relies on not letting you think or ask any questions. Even in this debate, his entire argument was pretty much directed at the audience. He is a complete monster.

So clearly you are not that convinced. HOWEVER...if I go back to BEFORE you encounter Sye you start threads and say shit like this:
(28-03-2014 07:00 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You need faith to believe in logic. You need faith to believe that you exist. It is inescapable.
(12-04-2014 04:54 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I would much rather not believe in a god, but there are a few things that I cannot escape.

1. The ontological argument, which shifts the burden of proof onto atheists
2. The cosmological argument
3. The fact that I'm a pathetic piece of shit. Who am I to question the really smart people who believe?
4. The idea that materialism is self refuting/argument from solipsism
(21-02-2014 12:46 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  It would be incredible arrogant of me to assume there's no God. Atheism is a cop out from God's divine punishment for me (Chirstianity is also a cop out).
(21-02-2014 01:35 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(21-02-2014 01:35 AM)donotwant Wrote:  He is asking you if you are an atheist or not.

I am neither.

So no you dumb cunt you were not a "Fundamentalist Atheist" because for one thing that's not a thing that fucking exists and because you clearly were not an atheist at all. You're just a lying shitbird troll who needs to fuck off for good.

However something good came out of my digging through your posts, I happened to find an answer to my question:
(30-05-2014 03:19 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Nothing makes sense to me anymore. I guess I'm just retarded. This should have been obvious from my birth.
Born fucking stupid it is. Drinking Beverage
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
20-08-2014, 10:16 PM
(20-08-2014 08:17 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 07:31 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Sye Ten Bruggencate convinced me. There is no way out of his arguments. I was pretty much a fundimentalist atheist before I encountered him.

Well now you are just fucking lying you piece of shit. You make ZERO mention of Sye Ten Bruggencate or his fucking stupid arguments until this:
(30-05-2014 12:22 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  "Proof that god exists"

His arguments feel brainwashy and obnoxious to me, but they're unrefutable. Any logical argument against them relies upon logic, which requires God. I don't know how he can be happy about this either. Christians always assert that life is meaningless without God, but I find it meaningless with their god. If the Bible is true, any sort of fun WHATSOEVER is evil and punishable with eternal torture. If the Bible is true, I will be bored for an eternity. That doesn't sound very meaningful to me. This doesn't help my already extreme depression, since there doesn't appear to be any way out of his arguments.

and in fact in your Sye vs Matt thread YOU point out many of the flaws of Sye's argument.
(03-06-2014 08:01 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I don't see how Sye's appeal to solipsism implies God. Why does God solve this problem? If we can't know anything, we couldn't possible know if God is real or honest.
Sye is hiding his naked assertions behind philosophical problems.
(03-06-2014 08:16 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  "truth is what corresponds with reality as percieved by God"

He has yet to demonstrate that this has anything to do with his holy book... Facepalm
(03-06-2014 08:28 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  He also seems to be under the delusion that he is immune to his own arguments.
(07-06-2014 07:05 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  His argument is almost indistiguishable from pure brainwashing. He relies on not letting you think or ask any questions. Even in this debate, his entire argument was pretty much directed at the audience. He is a complete monster.

So clearly you are not that convinced. HOWEVER...if I go back to BEFORE you encounter Sye you start threads and say shit like this:
(28-03-2014 07:00 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  You need faith to believe in logic. You need faith to believe that you exist. It is inescapable.
(12-04-2014 04:54 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I would much rather not believe in a god, but there are a few things that I cannot escape.

1. The ontological argument, which shifts the burden of proof onto atheists
2. The cosmological argument
3. The fact that I'm a pathetic piece of shit. Who am I to question the really smart people who believe?
4. The idea that materialism is self refuting/argument from solipsism
(21-02-2014 12:46 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  It would be incredible arrogant of me to assume there's no God. Atheism is a cop out from God's divine punishment for me (Chirstianity is also a cop out).
(21-02-2014 01:35 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  I am neither.

So no you dumb cunt you were not a "Fundamentalist Atheist" because for one thing that's not a thing that fucking exists and because you clearly were not an atheist at all. You're just a lying shitbird troll who needs to fuck off for good.

However something good came out of my digging through your posts, I happened to find an answer to my question:
(30-05-2014 03:19 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Nothing makes sense to me anymore. I guess I'm just retarded. This should have been obvious from my birth.
Born fucking stupid it is. Drinking Beverage

[Image: finish-him-header.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-08-2014, 11:11 PM
(20-08-2014 07:31 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I was pretty much a fundimentalist atheist before I encountered him.
What is a "fundimentalist atheist"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamentalism
Quote:Fundamentalism is the demand for a strict adherence to orthodox theological doctrines

Atheism doesn't come with doctrines, or scripture, or teachings.
It doesn't take any effort not to believe in gods.

Our only requirement "lack of belief in gods"
How can we be any more or less with regards to that?
20-08-2014, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2014 11:44 PM by Michael_Tadlock.)
(20-08-2014 06:13 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 06:11 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  The topic here and this whole discussion around it, reminds me of a conversation I had with one of my religious friends who said that ''even though you (meaning me) disbelieve in a god, that in and of itself is a belief. You have your own sets of beliefs, but they are just not religious in nature.'' Paraphrasing.

That is the closest I could see to what diddo might be trying to get at, without reading through 20+ pages.

My friend doesn't have anything against atheists, but she merely pointed out that it's a belief, to not believe. Maybe. From a philosophical view point.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that atheism is absurd because all knowledge requires God.

Why does all knowledge require god?

In what way is logic "absolute"? What does "absolute" mean in this context?
20-08-2014, 11:47 PM
(20-08-2014 07:39 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 07:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  No further explanation needed for the stupidity. Thanks for clearing that up.

If you think that Sye Ten's arguments are bad, then EXPLAIN why they're bad. As far as I can see, that's impossible. Facepalm

I don't understand sye's argument. He acknowledges solipsism, and then uses the fallacy of false dichotomy to say that the only escape from solipsism is god. He then runs away with that, saying not only is it god, but its the god of the bible, because (no) reasons. There isn't anything to understand, because there is no logic that holds any of that together.

I would be willing to hear it one more time though. Feel free to explain how it all works again.
20-08-2014, 11:58 PM
(20-08-2014 04:44 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 04:43 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  From reading books and scientific papers on Neuroscience.

How do you know that you've actually read those books and are not a brain in a vat?

I just wanna cherry pick something here to respond too.

1. Human brains cannot possibly know what an experience the human body would have without the body itself.

2. The Human mind cannot imagine colors that do not exist or that it has never seen.

3.The same can be said for flavors.

4. Humans can not possibly meet new people in their dreams. Your mind generates the faces of people based on those who passed you by on the street 50 years ago ( assuming your older) or at any other time in your life. You cannot dream up a person who has never existed because the human mind has not this capacity.

All of these things are scientific fact. Without a body, the computer hooked to your brain has not the slightest clue what your body would feel like. Without a body, your brain cannot possibly be tricked into thinking there is one. That is impossible.

The fact that we experience, that we have new experiences, can taste, hear, smell and feel. Is absolute empirical smoking gun evidence that we are not brains in a vat.

Oh, and we can interact with each other. Like right now. Also if YOU are a brain in a vat...doesn't that mean you are wrong about god and jesus anyway? So regardless there is no such thing as a god because your bible is nothing more than the manifestation of some computer writing out its text making you THINK you are reading something divine and written by god when its just the code from a computer?

SNAP! I win!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
21-08-2014, 02:12 AM
(20-08-2014 11:11 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 07:31 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I was pretty much a fundimentalist atheist before I encountered him.
What is a "fundimentalist atheist"?

Quote:Fundamentalism is the demand for a strict adherence to orthodox theological doctrines

Atheism does have dogmas. Logic.

Truth seeker.
21-08-2014, 02:21 AM
(21-08-2014 02:12 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 11:11 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What is a "fundimentalist atheist"?

Atheism does have dogmas. Logic.

See Post 22.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-08-2014, 02:34 AM
(20-08-2014 05:32 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  No, because there must be some supernatural aspect of "me". Otherwise knowledge would be impossible.

Why?