The hypocracy of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2014, 02:57 AM
RE: The hypocracy of atheism
(21-08-2014 02:46 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 06:13 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm not saying that. I'm saying that atheism is absurd because all knowledge requires God.

Why?

Because Sye said so, and this ignorant fuckstick can't think for himself enough to see the inanity for what it is. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2014, 02:58 AM
(21-08-2014 02:57 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 02:46 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why?

Because Sye said so, and this ignorant fuckstick can't think for himself enough to see the inanity for what it is. Drinking Beverage

If I couldn't think for myself, I wouldn't have a conciousness.

Truth seeker.
21-08-2014, 03:03 AM
(21-08-2014 02:58 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 02:57 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Because Sye said so, and this ignorant fuckstick can't think for himself enough to see the inanity for what it is. Drinking Beverage

If I couldn't think for myself, I wouldn't have a conciousness.

You mean 'consciousness'? No, that doesn't preclude you from forfeiting your ability to think critically and making yourself just a blind sheep to someone else's Shepard. It's easier to never have to really think, to just accept and parrot the answers that are given to you; I imagine it's why the practice is so popular.

But when you can't think critically for yourself, don't think you're going to convince those that can, to accept your given answers. You accepted them uncritically, we will not.

In conclusion, go fuck yourself.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
21-08-2014, 03:05 AM
(21-08-2014 03:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 02:58 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  If I couldn't think for myself, I wouldn't have a conciousness.

You mean 'consciousness'? No, that doesn't preclude you from forfeiting your ability to think critically and making yourself just a blind sheep to someone else's Shepard. It's easier to never have to really think, to just accept and parrot the answers that are given to you; I imagine it's why the practice is so popular.

But when you can't think critically for yourself, don't think you're going to convince those that can, to accept your given answers. You accepted them uncritically, we will not.

In conclusion, go fuck yourself.

I've accepted them on the basis of reason. I could not refute Sye Ten Bruggencate's arguments.

Truth seeker.
21-08-2014, 03:08 AM
So diddo, what we have determined in this thread is that you believe what you do because you have a mental deficiency.

It is normal for people to be able to think in terms other than absolutes. You yourself admit that you are unable to.

Questions like "Does a fantasy exist?". Most people will not be able to answer that with a yes or no answer before seeking further clarification of what I mean by "exist" . This is because they appreciate that a fantasy can exist but only in some ways.

The fact that there are plenty of questions to which you cannot answer should be evidence enough for you that your beliefs are either wrong and / or incomplete.

Reality is not shaped by your mental deficiency. Only your perception of reality. It's not just you. As you say, brains are unreliable. This is why the scientific method has been come about and also why it has proven itself by creating the modern world.

We cannot rely upon our individual brains but we can have confidence in the scientific method and the collective brain power of those following it.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
21-08-2014, 03:08 AM
(21-08-2014 02:56 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 02:46 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why?

Without an untimite perceiver, reality can't even exist.

Why?
21-08-2014, 03:10 AM
(21-08-2014 02:57 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 02:54 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Why must there be a supernatural aspect of one-self for knowledge to be possible?

Because otherwise we couldn't know anything. We couldn't even know that we couldn't even know. It contradicts itself.

You didn't answer the question.

Your answer to the question of why we can't know something without a supernatural aspect to oneself is that otherwise we couldn't know anything.
21-08-2014, 03:12 AM
(21-08-2014 03:08 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So diddo, what we have determined in this thread is that you believe what you do because you have a mental deficiency.

It is normal for people to be able to think in terms other than absolutes. You yourself admit that you are unable to.

Questions like "Does a fantasy exist?". Most people will not be able to answer that with a yes or no answer before seeking further clarification of what I mean by "exist" . This is because they appreciate that a fantasy can exist but only in some ways.

The fact that there are plenty of questions to which you cannot answer should be evidence enough for you that your beliefs are either wrong and / or incomplete.

Reality is not shaped by your mental deficiency. Only your perception of reality. It's not just you. As you say, brains are unreliable. This is why the scientific method has been come about and also why it has proven itself by creating the modern world.

We cannot rely upon our individual brains but we can have confidence in the scientific method and the collective brain power of those following it.

You're only an atheist because you can think in absolutes. Facepalm

Truth seeker.
21-08-2014, 03:13 AM
(21-08-2014 03:08 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 02:56 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  Without an untimite perceiver, reality can't even exist.

Why?

Everyone perceives reality differently. We'd have no way of knowing the nature of reality if there is no ultimate perceiver.

Truth seeker.
21-08-2014, 03:14 AM
(21-08-2014 03:12 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  You're only an atheist because you can think in absolutes. Facepalm

Give me an example.