The hypocracy of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2014, 03:41 AM
RE: The hypocracy of atheism
(21-08-2014 03:35 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 03:34 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  Don't project your own, obvious shortcomings on to others.

Ooh, more ad homenims!

much honesty
very reason
wow

Ad hominem? Besides the fact that you clearly don't know what "ad hominen" menas, as Revenant already pointed out, I was just going by your own admission that your brain is dead.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2014, 03:45 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2014 04:44 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(21-08-2014 03:05 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 03:03 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You mean 'consciousness'? No, that doesn't preclude you from forfeiting your ability to think critically and making yourself just a blind sheep to someone else's Shepard. It's easier to never have to really think, to just accept and parrot the answers that are given to you; I imagine it's why the practice is so popular.

But when you can't think critically for yourself, don't think you're going to convince those that can, to accept your given answers. You accepted them uncritically, we will not.

In conclusion, go fuck yourself.

I've accepted them on the basis of reason. I could not refute Sye Ten Bruggencate's arguments.

His arguments are self refuting, because he cannot prove or guarantee that his god isn't lying to him (he assumes his god is truthful, but he cannot prove it; it is a presupposition, and since his entire argument is built upon it, it all falls apart). Done.

I just debunked Sye with one sentence.

You're welcome.

Now fuck off.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-08-2014, 08:44 AM
(20-08-2014 11:40 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 06:13 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  I'm not saying that. I'm saying that atheism is absurd because all knowledge requires God.

Why does all knowledge require god?

In what way is logic "absolute"? What does "absolute" mean in this context?

(20-08-2014 11:47 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 07:39 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  If you think that Sye Ten's arguments are bad, then EXPLAIN why they're bad. As far as I can see, that's impossible. Facepalm

I don't understand sye's argument. He acknowledges solipsism, and then uses the fallacy of false dichotomy to say that the only escape from solipsism is god. He then runs away with that, saying not only is it god, but its the god of the bible, because (no) reasons. There isn't anything to understand, because there is no logic that holds any of that together.

I would be willing to hear it one more time though. Feel free to explain how it all works again.

[Image: impatient.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
21-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Re: RE: The hypocracy of atheism
(20-08-2014 04:44 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 04:43 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  From reading books and scientific papers on Neuroscience.

How do you know that you've actually read those books and are not a brain in a vat?

I don't, why would that bother me, him, you, or anyone?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
21-08-2014, 11:25 AM
I see the lying idiot is still dodging real critiques and continuing on with his bullshit word games.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
21-08-2014, 03:35 PM
(21-08-2014 03:35 AM)diddo97 Wrote:  much honesty
very reason
wow

How dare you besmirch the Great and Holy Doge!

Repent! Recant your sins and repay your dues through a ten year period of not posting!

[Image: biTQltM.jpg]

Holy Doge, petting be upon him.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-08-2014, 04:19 PM
(20-08-2014 11:47 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 07:39 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  If you think that Sye Ten's arguments are bad, then EXPLAIN why they're bad. As far as I can see, that's impossible. Facepalm

I don't understand sye's argument. He acknowledges solipsism, and then uses the fallacy of false dichotomy to say that the only escape from solipsism is god. He then runs away with that, saying not only is it god, but its the god of the bible, because (no) reasons.

Never heard of the fuck and ain't interested in his arguments but I can make a coherent argument that the only escape from solipsism is God. But the conclusion of that argument is that the solipsist is God. Not a conclusion the religimous are happy with. Too fucking bad.

#sigh
21-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Ok, so as already stated Sye acknowledges the problem of hard solipsism. "You can't really know anything", he says, "because you can't be sure of your own senses or even your own mind". "Oh, I but I know something", he continues. "You see, I have contact with an alien being who doesn't exist within our frame of reference but instead he says exists within a prime reality - one that is really really true, and because of that that alien-beast knows everything and knows it for certain. He can be sure of his own mind - not like us in our contingent reality. It's not like he could ever doubt his own existence or wonder if there is yet a higher plane of reality beyond his own. No his is definitely the prime one. He told me so. Also, he told me that he can never ever ever ever tell a lie or not know anything. He told me I can totally trust him in this regard. Also, my sense of what he is telling me is sufficiently trustworthy to make these absolute claims. I know all of this because this alien-beast-man-being told me in OLD BOOK that all this was true. Sometimes he communicates with me telepathically, but I can't always be sure of that so I always look in OLD BOOK to make sure I received his telepathic message correctly. Sometimes OLD BOOK says funny things like man-bear-pig-alien-beast-being sometimes lies to people or doesn't know things. I ignore those parts. That old beast-war-murder-being he's just such a funny guy. Those bits are obviously some cheeky bit of humour inserted to make us all laugh."

I gather this is the 100% convincing argument for the existence of God you're referring to diddo?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
21-08-2014, 06:21 PM
(21-08-2014 04:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 11:47 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I don't understand sye's argument. He acknowledges solipsism, and then uses the fallacy of false dichotomy to say that the only escape from solipsism is god. He then runs away with that, saying not only is it god, but its the god of the bible, because (no) reasons.

Never heard of the fuck and ain't interested in his arguments but I can make a coherent argument that the only escape from solipsism is God. But the conclusion of that argument is that the solipsist is God. Not a conclusion the religimous are happy with. Too fucking bad.

Some of the irreligimous aren't too pleased with that, either. Dodgy

The escape from solipsism is reality. Because reality works, bitches. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-08-2014, 06:35 PM
(21-08-2014 06:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-08-2014 04:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Never heard of the fuck and ain't interested in his arguments but I can make a coherent argument that the only escape from solipsism is God. But the conclusion of that argument is that the solipsist is God. Not a conclusion the religimous are happy with. Too fucking bad.

Some of the irreligimous aren't too pleased with that, either. Dodgy

The escape from solipsism is reality. Because reality works, bitches. Drinking Beverage

Yeah yeah, old man, I got it. You will argue for an external reality every bit as hard as a fundie argues for whatever the fuck they argue for. I ain't willing to call my subjective interpretation of my sensory input "reality", that's the realm of physicists and they are saying some crazy fucking shit. Don't mean I can't pretend and go along with the game. Do I really think the moon ain't there if nobody's looking? ... I ain't qualified to answer that and it makes no fucking difference 'cause I still gotta wake up and go to work in the morning.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post