The hypocracy of atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2014, 07:20 PM
RE: The hypocracy of atheism
(16-08-2014 04:45 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 04:35 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  So, you've given up trying to dogmatically assert that you have no dogma?

google definition of dogmatic

Quote:adjective: dogmatic

inclined to lay down principles as undeniably true.

What principles are laid down by atheism as undeniably true?

Logic and Science

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2014, 07:22 PM
(16-08-2014 05:04 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  So this is some Sye Bruggencate nonsense. Lets play this the other way, atheist claim they can't be completely certain of anything. Fine, from a philosophical position, I agree. Now it is your turn; how are you certain of anything? What have you observed or experienced with absolute, unwavering certainty?

Your logical fallacy is...

Truth seeker.
16-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Re: RE: The hypocracy of atheism
(16-08-2014 07:22 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 05:04 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  So this is some Sye Bruggencate nonsense. Lets play this the other way, atheist claim they can't be completely certain of anything. Fine, from a philosophical position, I agree. Now it is your turn; how are you certain of anything? What have you observed or experienced with absolute, unwavering certainty?

Except as mentioned in this thread by others. There are atheists and skeptics who Do accept they can't be certain and remain skeptical of all knowledge on a grand scale.

There is nothing hypocritical of the position.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-08-2014, 07:28 PM
(16-08-2014 07:25 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 07:22 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Your logical fallacy is...

Except as mentioned in this thread by others. There are atheists and skeptics who Do accept they can't be certain and remain skeptical of all knowledge on a grand scale.

Then you would have to be skeptical of being skeptical, and skeptical of being skeptical of being skeptical...

Truth seeker.
16-08-2014, 07:35 PM
(16-08-2014 07:22 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  

That isn't a fallacy, you made the claim. You have to create an argument to support. How can you be absolutely sure of anything?
16-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Re: RE: The hypocracy of atheism
(16-08-2014 07:28 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 07:25 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Except as mentioned in this thread by others. There are atheists and skeptics who Do accept they can't be certain and remain skeptical of all knowledge on a grand scale.

Then you would have to be skeptical of being skeptical, and skeptical of being skeptical of being skeptical...

Which I literally already said if you would read the responses and not skim to the one you think you can quip back at.

People of your position frequently claim that's a negative thing, but never give a reasoning to why.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
16-08-2014, 07:50 PM
(16-08-2014 07:35 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 07:22 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  Your logical fallacy is...

That isn't a fallacy, you made the claim. You have to create an argument to support. How can you be absolutely sure of anything?

That position is self contradictory. Now you need to provide evidence that you you need to provide evidence that you need to provide evidence......

Truth seeker.
16-08-2014, 08:08 PM
I don't believe the original poster knows what the word "hypocrisy" means. S/he misused it.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
16-08-2014, 08:36 PM
(16-08-2014 08:08 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I don't believe the original poster knows what the word "hypocrisy" means. S/he misused it.

Clearly not, since they can't even spell it correctly.

... this is my signature!
16-08-2014, 08:40 PM
(16-08-2014 07:50 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(16-08-2014 07:35 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  That isn't a fallacy, you made the claim. You have to create an argument to support. How can you be absolutely sure of anything?

That position is self contradictory. Now you need to provide evidence that you you need to provide evidence that you need to provide evidence......

There is no way to answer "why be rational" without being rational. My position isn't contradictory, your question is.