The idea of a "Citizen's National Vote Day"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2012, 06:16 PM
RE: The idea of a "Citizen's National Vote Day"
(20-03-2012 05:55 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Mystic you're a douche.

Well thank you, I do work hard to keep BS to a minimum.

You are just an optimist. You think that maybe one day he will grow up, and learn not to be a gullible idiot. But I doubt it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2012, 07:46 AM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2012 07:49 AM by germanyt.)
(20-03-2012 06:16 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(20-03-2012 05:55 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Mystic you're a douche.

Well thank you, I do work hard to keep BS to a minimum.

You are just an optimist. You think that maybe one day he will grow up, and learn not to be a gullible idiot. But I doubt it.

LOL. It's so funny that you call me an idiot. I'm kinda stumped as to what to say. I mean, if you think that between us I'm the idiot then there is no reason to say anything I guess. You'd be too stupid to understand.

What are you in this thread for anything? You haven't addressed any points made. Did you just come in here to hurl insults?
(20-03-2012 03:34 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  I knew you would say something stupid like that....being an avid believer in treating others like shit. Who cares if unemployment is at 0% if 90% of the people can't live on the wages? Use your head for something other than a hat rack FFS.

If you weren't a complete moronic douche bag, then I would probably feel bad for you...society fucked you up something fierce.

I didn't say anything disrespectful to BC. I just had a feeling he would claim in favor of raising the min wage. And I was right so....... ta da! And who cares if unemployement is 20% as long as everyone else is making $15/hour? Right?

Don't you have an Occupy protest to squat at?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
23-03-2012, 03:17 AM
(21-03-2012 07:46 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I didn't say anything disrespectful to BC. I just had a feeling he would claim in favor of raising the min wage. And I was right so....... ta da! And who cares if unemployement is 20% as long as everyone else is making $15/hour? Right?

Speaking of which, let's talk about unemployment. I'm starting to think that "unemployment" is just a synonym for "unwilling to work a job beneath my standards of comfort." Every time they claim that unemployment is super high and we're in a recession, I look around and notice the multiple responses to my job applications. I applied at 5 places and was offered all 5 jobs during the peak of the "recession." Meanwhile, my aunt, who pretends to be wealthy when she actually isn't, got laid off and "couldn't find a job." But she was only looking in the very specific field that she had just worked in. She refused to look at anything that might be considered "lower class" or customer service.

Those lower class type jobs (the ones with the minimum wage) are ALWAYS hiring. Perhaps if those jobs paid a decent wage, people might consider being a sales rep at Target after being laid off at the bank.

Higher wages = more people want the open job positions = less unemployment.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
23-03-2012, 07:11 AM
(23-03-2012 03:17 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(21-03-2012 07:46 AM)germanyt Wrote:  I didn't say anything disrespectful to BC. I just had a feeling he would claim in favor of raising the min wage. And I was right so....... ta da! And who cares if unemployement is 20% as long as everyone else is making $15/hour? Right?

Speaking of which, let's talk about unemployment. I'm starting to think that "unemployment" is just a synonym for "unwilling to work a job beneath my standards of comfort." Every time they claim that unemployment is super high and we're in a recession, I look around and notice the multiple responses to my job applications. I applied at 5 places and was offered all 5 jobs during the peak of the "recession." Meanwhile, my aunt, who pretends to be wealthy when she actually isn't, got laid off and "couldn't find a job." But she was only looking in the very specific field that she had just worked in. She refused to look at anything that might be considered "lower class" or customer service.

Those lower class type jobs (the ones with the minimum wage) are ALWAYS hiring. Perhaps if those jobs paid a decent wage, people might consider being a sales rep at Target after being laid off at the bank.

Higher wages = fewer jobs offered by employers. Basic economics, firms are price conscious when it comes to labor. Higher wages results in higher cost for employers, who will respond by either reducing the number of employees to maintain/reduce cost or if that isn't possible, they will raise their prices. If the wage increase applies to all firms, all this will do is increase prices, reducing the positive effects of an increased wage (buying power doesn't increase as much or at all). Also, that's one of the drivers of inflation.

Better without God, and happier too.
23-03-2012, 07:17 AM
(23-03-2012 03:17 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  

You are not incorrect I'm afraid. When the economy is bad min wage jobs are up. Many people would rather collect 1000 dollars a month in unemployment for doing nothing than $1400 less taxes for working a full time job. It's a system that makes it hard to get welfare spending down and employment up again.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain