The illness thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2015, 06:09 PM
RE: The illness thread
(12-09-2015 04:46 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hallucinations have been a bit of a constant with me. I'm just lucky to be alive.

Yeah, me too. The thing about the hallucinations is they are so damned real. When you wake up from a good or bad dream, you realize it was merely a dream. I remain convinced that there were two cobras in my intensive care room. I also got it in my head that the woman in the stall across from me was some famous singer from the the 1950s. Famous movie and TV stars were lining up to visit her and they kept coming into my room to wait their turn to see her. I threw famous people out of my room one after another. In fact the woman across from me was just a woman, not famous at all and nobody came to see her.

The worst one was that I thought they wheeled a woman on a gurney into my room and she had been in a boating accident. Her head was cut off and they had her head sitting on her chest but it was capable of talking. She, too, was an atheist and we talked for hours. To this day, I believe that I talked to that woman's head. It was a good lesson for me though because I can understand, from my own hallucinations, how some theists believe they have talked to some god and they really do believe it. It was a hell of a lesson for me that the craziest hallucinations can seem so real.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Yeah they are pretty heavy hallucinations alright. It can get freaky.

I am currently on an experimental drug and if they give me too much I hallucinate while awake and see weird things every time I blink.

I hope you feel a bit better.

My hot water broke down and I cannot get anyone until monday. Damn and blast it!

Oh well.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-09-2015, 11:24 PM
I suffer from Acid Reflux though more severly as a kid than now but when I was younger I had to get a PH Probe which measured the acidity level in my stomach I believe and it was a machine that had two tubes attached to it that they put up your nose and down your throat, they put me to sleep to put in the tubes but I woke up in the middle of it choking to death on the tubes, luckily they were able to put me back to sleep quickly, also that was such a nuisance, the tubes down my throat made me gag and puke so many times.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
12-09-2015, 11:50 PM
(12-09-2015 11:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I suffer from Acid Reflux though more severly as a kid than now but when I was younger I had to get a PH Probe which measured the acidity level in my stomach I believe and it was a machine that had two tubes attached to it that they put up your nose and down your throat, they put me to sleep to put in the tubes but I woke up in the middle of it choking to death on the tubes, luckily they were able to put me back to sleep quickly, also that was such a nuisance, the tubes down my throat made me gag and puke so many times.

Yikes! Sorry to learn this. They wanted to put tubes up my nose recently but called it off once they saw how bent it was. 9 x broken will do it! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-09-2015, 12:02 AM
(12-09-2015 07:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  My hot water broke down and I cannot get anyone until Monday. Damn and blast it!

Oh well.

Hug

Currently on day five of lingering flue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijxk-fgcg7c
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
13-09-2015, 12:07 AM
Hug Hugs to everyone in this thread.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-09-2015, 12:07 AM
When my son was about 6 we were play wrestling on the floor, and we stopped to look at the tv. While I was on my back looking up, he sneak-attacked me and jumped on my gut with both knees.
Turned out this ruptured my colon. I ended up getting emergency surgury the next morning. I also had diverticulitis, so they had to remove part of my colon and put on a colostomy bag. Luckily, it was reversible in my case so I only needed to wear it less than a year.
Those bags are quite embarrassingly noisy when they fill, and it always seemed to happen in a room full of quiet people.
I also have epilepsy and seizures are embarrassing as well.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
13-09-2015, 01:49 AM
Well this is not nearly as serious as most of this stuff, but...one time i was so nauseous and sick that all I could do was lay around cause if i even stood or crawled i would puke or wretch. That made it hard to physically get to the bathroom, and i ended up, without even realizing it, with a horrendously shitty (literally) pair of underwear. As in really shitty, and it was more than a little embarrassing. I hope everyone is recovering from various issues though.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
13-09-2015, 04:06 AM
Reading about everybody's health issues is very interesting to me. Thanks to everybody who has commented on this thread. Life catches up to all of us. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
13-09-2015, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2015 02:57 PM by Anjele.)
Back in the late 90s I was cooking dinner for the family. All three of my kids were home. The kids were arguing and carrying on and my husband was at the end of his rope with it. In his defense, these aren't his kids and he worked nights at the time so usually didn't deal with having everyone around and all the chaos.

He was finally fed up and yelled that if they didn't stop it he would "cut their asses" (Southern for a spanking). Then he looked at me and said if I didn't make them stop he would cut my ass. If looks could kill he'd have been a dead man. I continued to cook but didn't say another word.

I woke up about 2 am with the most horrible pain in my back. I can take a lot but this was awful. I got up and tried to walk it off. My stubbornness kept me from waking my husband to take me to the ER. After a couple hours of this, I had no choice. I woke him up and told him there was something really wrong and I needed to go to the hospital and couldn't drive myself.

We got to the ER and I was hooked up to IVs and given some pretty heavy meds that still weren't working to ease the pain. I was trying to crawl out of my skin to escape the pain. I was being wheeled around for this test and that test and was getting a little scared (but I was still angry). Husband leaned over me and took my hand and said he wished he could do something to help. I glared at him and said, through clenched teeth, "You wouldn't want to cut my ass now would you?" The color drained from his face - he has never said anything like to me in the years since. Timing is everything it seems.

That was my first bout with kidney stones...though certainly not the last. Undecided

It was a pretty unpleasant experience but one that certainly drew a line in the sand that has never been crossed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post