The illness thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: The illness thread
My deal pales in comparison to everyone else here and I wouldn't really call it an illness but rather a permanent partial disability. I used to work security patrolling remote water district sites in a truck. Well I was waiting in a turn lane to turn left off a major hwy and some asshat that was late for court plowed into the back of my stopped vehicle in excess of 60 mph (the truck had forward and rear facing cameras). As a result, I have eight bulging discs and have to live on constant pain meds just to function.

The crazy part is, his passenger side hit my driver side rear which means that had he not hit me he would have hit somebody head on and most likely have killed them. I'm thankful that didn't happen.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2015, 09:11 AM
(12-09-2015 11:50 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 11:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I suffer from Acid Reflux though more severly as a kid than now but when I was younger I had to get a PH Probe which measured the acidity level in my stomach I believe and it was a machine that had two tubes attached to it that they put up your nose and down your throat, they put me to sleep to put in the tubes but I woke up in the middle of it choking to death on the tubes, luckily they were able to put me back to sleep quickly, also that was such a nuisance, the tubes down my throat made me gag and puke so many times.

Yikes! Sorry to learn this. They wanted to put tubes up my nose recently but called it off once they saw how bent it was. 9 x broken will do it! Smile

It's alright not nearly as severe as others have had it but haha glad you got out of that Thumbsup not fun at all

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
13-09-2015, 12:44 PM
(12-09-2015 07:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
My hot water broke down and I cannot get anyone until monday. Damn and blast it!

Some years ago, probably around 1980, give or take a few years, I got a flat in my old CJ5 Jeep on the highway just as it was starting to snow. The car rolled, landed on its wheels, and tossed me out into the grassy ditch. I was not injured but I was very badly bruised, and wanted nothing more than a hot shower. But by the time I got home (after getting a ride to town and getting the mechanic to come out and fix the flat) it was a full-on blizzard and the power had gone out. My rural North Dakota home was on a well, and with no power, there was no running water. I had food and I had heat, as my heater didn't require electricity. My cook stove was LP gas. And I had jugs of drinking water. But without running water I was unable to take a shower for about 4 days. Those were four thoroughly miserable days.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post
13-09-2015, 01:24 PM
(13-09-2015 12:44 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 07:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  ...
My hot water broke down and I cannot get anyone until monday. Damn and blast it!

Some years ago, probably around 1980, give or take a few years, I got a flat in my old CJ5 Jeep on the highway just as it was starting to snow. The car rolled, landed on its wheels, and tossed me out into the grassy ditch. I was not injured but I was very badly bruised, and wanted nothing more than a hot shower. But by the time I got home (after getting a ride to town and getting the mechanic to come out and fix the flat) it was a full-on blizzard and the power had gone out. My rural North Dakota home was on a well, and with no power, there was no running water. I had food and I had heat, as my heater didn't require electricity. My cook stove was LP gas. And I had jugs of drinking water. But without running water I was unable to take a shower for about 4 days. Those were four thoroughly miserable days.

Anyone who lives in North or South Dakota is used to suffering.

[Image: snow-drift-trucks.jpg?quality=65&amp...;amp;w=780]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
13-09-2015, 02:39 PM
(13-09-2015 01:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Anyone who lives in North or South Dakota is used to suffering.

After about 25 years there I couldn't take the cold anymore, and I moved to Spokane.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 2 users Like daniel1948's post
13-09-2015, 06:34 PM
[Image: Beddoe post op 4c.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-09-2015, 07:59 PM
I am currently in hospital. They want to keep me over night but I told them plumbers were booked and they are sending me home. They said “we want to observe you “ I answered “the plumbers will be there to observe me “ They sceptically said “ok “. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
13-09-2015, 08:02 PM
Chas that is amazing!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
13-09-2015, 08:07 PM
Chronic pain is no joke! I have it too.

I am very sad to learn you also must suffer. Sad

(13-09-2015 08:11 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  My deal pales in comparison to everyone else here and I wouldn't really call it an illness but rather a permanent partial disability. I used to work security patrolling remote water district sites in a truck. Well I was waiting in a turn lane to turn left off a major hwy and some asshat that was late for court plowed into the back of my stopped vehicle in excess of 60 mph (the truck had forward and rear facing cameras). As a result, I have eight bulging discs and have to live on constant pain meds just to function.

The crazy part is, his passenger side hit my driver side rear which means that had he not hit me he would have hit somebody head on and most likely have killed them. I'm thankful that didn't happen.

Banjo.
14-09-2015, 02:31 PM
(13-09-2015 06:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  
[Image: Beddoe post op 4c.jpg]

Jesus christ! Shocking

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,