The illusion of competence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2011, 10:32 PM
The illusion of competence
I wasn't sure where to post this, but I found it quite interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%...ger_effect

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2011, 11:04 PM
RE: The illusion of competence
I'm someone who can try my hand at anything and come up with something I'm acceptably happy with. And yes, I have the issue of always feeling I'm nothing special. I've helped get past it slightly due to my exhibitionism. Whether I like something or am embarrassed by it, I show it to people. This way I hear from people that it's very good. Though this leads to another confirmation bias, when people keep saying your work in many fields is good are they just being polite? The human brain is a wonderfully complex maze =p The more you know the less you feel that knowledge is yours.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
24-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Ignorance begets arrogance?

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
24-03-2011, 11:09 AM
This has George W. written all over.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.