The imminent threat of a new plague!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2013, 09:39 PM
RE: The imminent threat of a new plague!
(12-07-2013 08:35 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  If its a mutated version of something we know, it will have to kill super fast, or theres a very high probability that we will have it controlled before it gets anywhere near the 1/3 mark.

Killing super fast is a bliss in that circumstances which will let it also wither super fast.

What if AIDS gets airborne and more contagious ? That's how everyone is going to die a miserable death.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2013, 09:40 PM
(12-07-2013 09:30 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Alas, war, war never changes.

That depends on whether you believe Fallout or Metal Gear as your future predictor...

... this is my signature!
12-07-2013, 10:43 PM
I think we will got out à la mode Jurassic Park. At least, I hope....where oh where are you dinosaur cells?

The longer it takes for this potential threat to happen the less likely it becomes. If we can stave of a disease like The Spanish Flu for a hundred years, or 200 years or something, we may have technology that can beat mother nature. Of course, by that time we may welcome such a clearing....if we haven't colonized the galaxy. You cannot predict these kinds of things with any certainty. Even the experts haven't got a clue, though they'd like you to think so. In 1869 we were using muskets to kill each other and our main source of transportation was horses or walking. Within 100 years of that we were destroying cities with a single boom and flying to the moon.

IF there is some superbug coming to get us there is no point in speculating about it...all we can so is study and keep our eyes open (then again it may be transmitted through the ocular cavity). Okay, it's late, I'm supposed to be awake for work in three hours, and I have no idea what I'm going on about. G'night.

12-07-2013, 11:17 PM
(12-07-2013 09:39 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(12-07-2013 08:35 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  If its a mutated version of something we know, it will have to kill super fast, or theres a very high probability that we will have it controlled before it gets anywhere near the 1/3 mark.

Killing super fast is a bliss in that circumstances which will let it also wither super fast.

What if AIDS gets airborne and more contagious ? That's how everyone is going to die a miserable death.

Except that takes quite some time to die from... And if 1/3 of the world got an airborne version of it, I'm sure research would go from guilt funded to something we've never seen before. I fully expect that we would have either a cure or a near perfect treatment pretty quick.