The impotence of god

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2012, 07:18 AM
The impotence of god
**warning nothing earth shatteringly unique about this post. I just wanted to vent**

I was sitting here this morning thinking about all the sheep getting ready to go to their high holiday services and I was struck by the level of impotence the god these sheep are going off to worship is. Its supposed only official communications with humans were a long time ago to some of the most ignorant of people in existence. Then, of course, there are the periodic charlatans who claim personal contact with this deity but no proof. The joke's on us i guess.

For an all-powerful being couldn't there be an actual bona fide declaration of "I am god here me roar". Even a subtle arranging of some stars into a cross pattern in the sky (should be child's play for something that created everything, right?). Hell how about a talking goat as a prophet? If faced with a talking goat, believe me I'd start to question my beliefs as an atheist. Instead nothing, nada, zilch. Hell have the clouds form the letters "happy easter" that'd be easier than moving stars.

It is such a disappointing realization that so many of our species lack some basic critical thinking skills. No wonder we are in such a messed up situation. I can only hope that my children see a better world with more human promise than what exists today. That is what I strive for and what I hope to help achieve.

So instead of celebrating a creepy story about some guy getting crucified and brought back to life, lets celebrate the fact that atheists have an ever increasing voice. Lets use this voice to help usher in an age of reason instead of rebirth of stone age fairy tales.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
08-04-2012, 07:27 AM
RE: The impotence of god
Oh crap. And here I though I was about to find out what god's testosterone levels came back as, (since I asked someone that question yesterday) .... god is a "HE" ya know.

(08-04-2012 07:18 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Hell how about a talking goat as a prophet? If faced with a talking goat, believe me I'd start to question my beliefs as an atheist.

Behold. Your prophet.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
08-04-2012, 01:09 PM
(08-04-2012 07:27 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Oh crap. And here I though I was about to find out what god's testosterone levels came back as, (since I asked someone that question yesterday) .... god is a "HE" ya know.

(08-04-2012 07:18 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  Hell how about a talking goat as a prophet? If faced with a talking goat, believe me I'd start to question my beliefs as an atheist.

Behold. Your prophet.

All hail Pan and his impressive testicles. Bowing

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
08-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Not a bad idea to start an atheist holiday around Easter and Passover.
We could hold a celebration in a public park - by permit of course.
Christians would shit themselves. How dare those atheists denigrate our most sacred holiday!
What could it be called? I know, "Spring".
Christmas can be replaced with another Atheist's holiday. That one could be called, "Winter".
I have a feeling the these were the original holidays names before the Christians renamed them.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.