The intererwebz is amazing!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2012, 08:29 PM
The intererwebz is amazing!
Scrolling around looking for some family history, I wasn't able to find what I was really looking for but I found a picture from probably 50 years ago of my grandfather and great uncle dressed as pirates, along with some other guys,

Also a pic of mommy dearest when she was probably 15...not that long before she had me, as well as a great aunt and a woman that was married into the family briefly...to the great uncle listed above.

Also found my great grandfather's death certificate...he was a boat captain and was washed overboard back in the 1920s. The storm that did him in was in October though I have been told he wasn't found till the next February. He named my grandmother (who was just a toddler when he died) after what he said was the prettiest boat he had ever seen.

I have heard bits and pieces of family lore and history, it's interesting to see in online. The maternal side of my family has been in the US since the 1650s.

Going to keep looking for some mention of that boat/ship. That was the original plan.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
19-07-2012, 12:02 AM
RE: The intererwebz is amazing!
I'd like to research my family history but every time I start to do this, some bastard wants to charge me shitloads of money for it.

Everyone wants to make a buck out of you... Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
19-07-2012, 12:08 AM
(19-07-2012 12:02 AM)aurora Wrote:  I'd like to research my family history but every time I start to do this, some bastard wants to charge me shitloads of money for it.

I know I'd get a buck out of you and you'd like it!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-07-2012, 12:11 AM
(19-07-2012 12:08 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(19-07-2012 12:02 AM)aurora Wrote:  I'd like to research my family history but every time I start to do this, some bastard wants to charge me shitloads of money for it.

I know I'd get a buck out of you and you'd like it!
Yeh, and you'd be ruined for anyone else, my friend Big Grin

Haha, maybe a doe but not a buck!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)