The internet is the Devil?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-06-2012, 06:20 AM
The internet is the Devil?
Now, that Im no longer a believer i notice that as I watch the videos (usually youtube) every video on atheism is overwhelmingly liked and any video that seeks to argue in favor of creationism or against atheism had a giant red bar across the bottom and is overwhelmingly disliked. Also, Simply googling "is the bible true" will give a multitude of links and resources that all say its not flawless, its inaccurate and filled with errors. any search about religious claims can be debunked easily. Is the internet where the trends start before it hits reality? of course the internet is reality but people dont always act out on what they watch on youtube. So why is atheism so popular on the internet but taboo in the real world?

Is it the case that.....

If you are looking for evidence on the internet, you have already started to think for yourself. So no matter what side of the fence you are on while you're watching, you (in my opinion) are on your way to disbelief if not already there. Atheists and skeptics are generally hungry for evidence and information in either direction. So anything that meets that criteria is scrutinized by the multitude of skeptics in society and judged by the "thumbs down". Atheists , skeptics, information nuts are the ones on the internet. If you are comfortable in your belief and you dont need affirmation from any video or book. You are a brainwashed nut simply accepting what you were told.

As a christian I would have looked at the internet and figured, this is satan's realm. Look how they reject truth. Just curious if anyone else noticed that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like roadrunner's post
13-06-2012, 06:34 AM
RE: The internet is the Devil?
From my experience with the internet logic usually prevails.
ie: If you're calling someone out in a video game because they suck you can physically look at the score and see that they suck hence it's usually a one sided thing (ie: all teammates agree that person sucked).
So I imagine it is the same for religion. I mean everything is a google away and because the bible is so easily refuted theists don't stand much of a chance.
See theists stand a chance in real life because people only know so much, only remember certain things. But on the internet you can just google and refute it.
And because theists only un-arguable point is that cycle thing, (the bible is right because the bible says so, which even in itself is flawed but when people want to believe they'll believe), theists tend to lose.

From my experience anyway.
Plus religious people are fucking crazy man. Like white middle class American mother crazy.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-06-2012, 06:38 AM
I would of ever thought after my initial experiences with the world wide weberverse that it would actually have a bias toward reality and truth.. but it actually does when you see more credible resources than legit phony ones.

There is still a fair share of false info or intentionally trolling sites, but, now we can see it is a growing bed for Satan's gift: knowledge.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
13-06-2012, 08:14 AM
It's a conspiracy. Of evil. Don't be deceived.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-06-2012, 08:29 AM
What we currently refer to as the internet will inevitably change the world for the better in terms of education, information sharing, community building, technology crowdsourcing, etc.

In fact, it already has.

For example, had I decided to look into atheism 25 years ago, I'd of struggled to find a wealth of relevant literature, much less the stream of blog posts, videos, meme pics, forum threads, etc. that I have access to today.

Same goes for the scientific concepts like evolution, quantum physics, etc.

Never mind finding like-minded people to discuss this stuff with and bounce ideas off of.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
13-06-2012, 09:37 AM
I have a friend who has no TV, but internet is okay. But she always adds, "If the devil doesn't come in the front food, he'll come through the back!" and her home page is set t some religious website to start off her internet journey every time.

I wonder if the devil will come through the window, or maybe the plumbing? Confused Oh dear.
13-06-2012, 10:07 AM
(13-06-2012 09:37 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  If the devil doesn't come in the front food

o.O I mean, O.o

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-06-2012, 10:23 AM
(13-06-2012 10:07 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(13-06-2012 09:37 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  If the devil doesn't come in the front food

o.O I mean, O.o
Ahhaha, WTF. Door. Think I'm hungry Confused ... or the devil is playing games with this internets keyboard. Evil_monster
13-06-2012, 10:42 AM
(13-06-2012 09:37 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I have a friend who has no TV, but internet is okay. But she always adds, "If the devil doesn't come in the front food, he'll come through the back!" and her home page is set t some religious website to start off her internet journey every time.

I wonder if the devil will come through the window, or maybe the plumbing? Confused Oh dear.

I don't have TV either. But I do become mesmerized and completely pissed off when I get to see it. Strange device, this. Consider

The Devil coming through the plumbing would be all I fucking need; up through the toilet, biting me on the ass. No irony lost on this Atheist. Dodgy

Reminds me of a couple of Flemish works which depicted the Virgin Mary about to be impregnated with the Holy Spirit. This Holy Spirit was evidenced in the form of a Sun beam streaming through the window pane with a clear trajectory straight into Mary's ear.

Artists make up the coolest shit to explain insanity. It's a fact. Thumbsup

Don't ever think they don't do it for a reason ... the sarcastic pack of heathens. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
13-06-2012, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 13-06-2012 12:39 PM by Xinoftruden.)
People who think like meeting others who do the same and the internet seems to be the best place to do so. So more atheists are on the internet posting more stuff. Religious people are also here but they have a meeting place in the real world as well.

If I had a nickel for everytime I was "proven" wrong...I'd have 5 nickels.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.