The internet isn't safe to use.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2013, 03:10 AM
The internet isn't safe to use.
Nor is television, be weary when you use these devices for they can and will corrupt your mind and train of thought if you allow them to. There is a large difference between entertainment and distractions, these electronic devices mainly serve as distractions, for thousands of years humans managed to entertain themselves without the use of electricity. Unless some douchebag roman decided to build up some static electricity to shock his guard buddy while they were on sentry duty.

If you want entertainment read a book, take a walk, lift some weights, socialized with people face to face not over the phone.

I have given you a warning, take it as you will.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2013, 03:18 AM
RE: The internet isn't safe to use.
(09-02-2013 03:10 AM)Nappa Wrote:  Nor is television, be weary when you use these devices for they can and will corrupt your mind and train of thought if you allow them to. There is a large difference between entertainment and distractions, these electronic devices mainly serve as distractions, for thousands of years humans managed to entertain themselves without the use of electricity. Unless some douchebag roman decided to build up some static electricity to shock his guard buddy while they were on sentry duty.

If you want entertainment read a book, take a walk, lift some weights, socialized with people face to face not over the phone.

I have given you a warning, take it as you will.

Excellent advice. Please take it. So you won't be here any more, right ? Thumbsup

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 8 users Like Bucky Ball's post
09-02-2013, 03:30 AM
[Image: 34597057.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-02-2013, 03:37 AM
(09-02-2013 03:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Excellent advice. Please take it. So you won't be here any more, right ? Thumbsup
[Image: Neil+Degrasse+Tyson+Meme.png] I am wrong to hate you and I do try my best not to, you deserve only pity. For I would not want to be trapped like you are, I hope one day you'll be able to free yourself. I can not do this for you, but I can try and help guide you.
09-02-2013, 05:28 AM
So... you're saying that a Nigarian prince doesn't need my credit card information to transfer money into my account so he can escape his war stricken country and in return he will pay me $50,000?

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
09-02-2013, 05:44 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 09:13 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-02-2013 03:37 AM)Nappa Wrote:  
(09-02-2013 03:18 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Excellent advice. Please take it. So you won't be here any more, right ? Thumbsup
[Image: Neil+Degrasse+Tyson+Meme.png] I am wrong to hate you and I do try my best not to, you deserve only pity. For I would not want to be trapped like you are, I hope one day you'll be able to free yourself. I can not do this for you, but I can try and help guide you.
If I need any advice from the likes of you, I'll be sure and ask. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
09-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Good advice you should take it immediately Thumbsup
[+] 5 users Like FSM_scot's post
09-02-2013, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2013 10:53 AM by bemore.)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSrEO5s8AQlf1kGAQQVUP...7G6Wvc-ttg]

On a semi serious note though I would say that whilst television opened up people eyes more to the world and everything around them it grew as a sort of "oracle" for some people (after all it was on television so it MUST be true)

The internet is completely different because it opened up so everybody can contribute, however it also limited in some aspects the same as the television.

We are getting monitored more granted... however I think ill be dead and buried before 1984 is placed upon us, so it dont bother me really.

EDIT: Alternative

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-02-2013, 12:52 PM
If you read a book.. socialize with people. They can corrupt your train of thought if you let them.

It's a matter of how you use the technology and go about things vs the actual technology.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
09-02-2013, 01:26 PM
The internet is only unsafe if it is regarded without critical thought, just like any other media. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post