The internet world says this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2015, 08:14 PM
RE: The internet world says this
(10-12-2015 08:11 PM)Theorist Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 08:08 PM)pablo Wrote:  Number of choices 1. Number of sides on a coin 2.

NNNNN

number of choice 5

number of one side heads or tails of the coins in the results undetermined

I get to pick all five? You said I can pick only one. After I have picked one, the other four do not matter. Unless you can demonstrate that flipping the other four coins can somehow change the outcome of the one I picked.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 08:16 PM
(10-12-2015 08:12 PM)Theorist Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 08:10 PM)Imathinker Wrote:  How bout you write a computer simulation for this and run it 10000 times, then come back with results supporting your idea. Then you can say we're ignorant.

A computer simulation using just 1 and 2? surely you are all smart enough to understand maths using only 2 values.

I think I'm being trolled for sure.

And I think we are being trolled for sure

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 2 users Like Imathinker's post
10-12-2015, 08:17 PM
(10-12-2015 08:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Except that it is what I got from what you wrote and apparently I was not alone. When so many people misunderstand what you are asking the fault just might be in the way you asked it. I said from the start that you were not clear.

Well to be honest I did not know what to expect on this forum so I tried simplicity using only 1 and 2.

Ok , lets get technical and involve calculus etc.

52²=X,Y

X=52

Y=52

X=4/52

Y=Var(X)

Rows are different to columns do you agree?
10-12-2015, 08:23 PM
(10-12-2015 08:17 PM)Theorist Wrote:  
(10-12-2015 08:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Except that it is what I got from what you wrote and apparently I was not alone. When so many people misunderstand what you are asking the fault just might be in the way you asked it. I said from the start that you were not clear.

Well to be honest I did not know what to expect on this forum so I tried simplicity using only 1 and 2.

Ok , lets get technical and involve calculus etc.

52²=X,Y

X=52

Y=52

X=4/52

Y=Var(X)

Rows are different to columns do you agree?

You get the Oscar for best impersonation of an ignorant troll. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-12-2015, 08:25 PM
(10-12-2015 08:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You get a +1 for impersonation of an ignorant troll. Big Grin

Maths does not lie

I will simplify for you in case the maths is now beyond you

X≠Y X is not equal to Y

x12
x12
.yy

x axis and y axis ok? 2² 2 squared
10-12-2015, 08:28 PM
(10-12-2015 08:17 PM)Theorist Wrote:  Well to be honest I did not know what to expect on this forum so I tried simplicity using only 1 and 2.

What you tried was incomprehensible questions and condescension. Maybe you should have spent a little time here before jumping and coming across as an arrogant prick. Here's a new problem.... if you flip 5 coins and stick them in boxes what are the odds that I'll give a fuck?

When you can phrase a question using English in such a way that somebody else can understand what you are asking maybe you'll get a response.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
10-12-2015, 08:32 PM
(10-12-2015 08:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  When you can phrase a question using English in such a way that somebody else can understand what you are asking maybe you'll get a response.

No need for bad language,

The question is , by offering a choice of results , does it effect the original chance.
10-12-2015, 08:38 PM
52²=x,y

P(A)/X=4/52

P(A)/Y=var{x}

Where (A) is an ace and 52 are playing cards.
[+] 1 user Likes Theorist's post
10-12-2015, 08:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015 09:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
Riddle me this, asshole.
I've spent several years pondering Euler's identity. I appreciate the beauty and elegance of the grand unified theory of transcendental and imaginary numbers, arithmetic operators (equality, addition/subtraction, multiplication/division, and exponentiation). and 0 and 1 (or nothing and everything). But I get to a point where I just don't grok it no more. So help me grok it brother.
[Image: euler.png]

#sigh
11-12-2015, 03:03 AM
Having just read this thread, I believe I have the most important response.

After having thrown the coins or boxes into the air, always bend at the knees to pick them up.

IHTH.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.