The internet world says this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2015, 08:45 AM
RE: The internet world says this
(11-12-2015 08:40 AM)DerFish Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 08:36 AM)Theorist Wrote:  Again you are not thinking about the problem and only resorting to present information. I ask you to forget present information for a while and even if you just pretend I am right consider the actual problem.

NNNNNN

We will use dice results,

Pick one, what is your chance of number 4?

I am not asking the chance of rolling a dice and rolling a 4. What is your chance of picking from the results.

Pick one what? Your nose?

Well there is only 6 N's there to choose from.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2015, 08:48 AM
(11-12-2015 08:38 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 08:36 AM)Theorist Wrote:  Again you are not thinking about the problem and only resorting to present information. I ask you to forget present information for a while and even if you just pretend I am right consider the actual problem.

NNNNNN

I am not asking the chance of rolling a dice and rolling a 4.

Are the dice loaded?

The dice could be biased to producing more 6's than 4's , or it could be biased to producing all 4's. The bias is random.
11-12-2015, 08:51 AM
(11-12-2015 08:45 AM)Theorist Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 08:40 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Pick one what? Your nose?

Well there is only 6 N's there to choose from.

You remind me of the guy sitting in front of the bar playing 3 card monty. I sat and saw a young man dole out over $100 20 at a time to this man. Then the losing young man asked me what I thought. I said I had no thoughts on it at all. And I would no more put out money there than I would attempt to pat the young man's lady on the ass and expect her to follow me. You are simply nuts. Now tell us about Jesus.
[+] 3 users Like DerFish's post
11-12-2015, 08:52 AM
(11-12-2015 08:44 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

NNNNNN

I am not asking the chance of rolling a dice and rolling a 4.
You would understand why your questions are nonsensical if you had learned the basics of probability theory in school at some point. You can't calculate the probabilities of an individual draw when the variables (e.g. the results) are unknown. Facepalm

Oh I know this, tell the world then please because they don't listen. We can calculate the chance our 5 random s contain only 1 head etc.
11-12-2015, 08:56 AM
To any who are struggling to grasp the first part , that I have tried to simplify for understanding, consider this -

You have a 6 sided dice, each side has the values 1-6 that changes in value every toss, you can't see the values, what is you chance of intercepting a 6?
11-12-2015, 09:02 AM
(11-12-2015 08:44 AM)Theorist Wrote:  This is the basic of the problem, I do not know if you would understand probability wave function, golden constants, probability time dilation, and all sorts of quantum weirdness. And this very simple thing that you just agreed with , the internet has denied even closing my posts and banning me.

You can blame only yourself for that. The way you asked your question is incoherent and imprecise but you expected that people understand exactly what you meant.

But, I can admit that I don`t understand any sort of "quantum weirdness" so I will leave you with my friends here to discuss it further.

But I have to be honest with you, I`m not holding my breath till you get the Nobel prize for math.

Have fun.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
11-12-2015, 09:05 AM
(11-12-2015 09:02 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  You can blame only yourself for that. The way you asked your question is incoherent and imprecise but you expected that people understand exactly what you meant.

But, I can admit that I don`t understand any sort of "quantum weirdness" so I will leave you with my friends here to discuss it further.

But I have to be honest with you, I`m not holding my breath till you get the Nobel prize for math.

Have fun.

I can't blame myself, close a thread because the op is not a Shakespeare makes no sense. I have explained it better, I thought I would try to be less ''sciency'' this time.

Upto yet most people have already agreed with my idea and don't even realise it.
11-12-2015, 09:07 AM
Ok, moving on for those who understand thus far.

x12
x12
.yy

X is not equal to Y do we agree?
11-12-2015, 09:12 AM
P(A)/X[sub]1[/sub]=0.5

P(A)/X[sub]2[/sub]=0.5

P(A)/Y[sub]1[/sub]=σ[sub]X[/sub]

P(A)/Y[sub]2[/sub]=σ[sub]X[/sub]

Do you agree with this?
11-12-2015, 09:12 AM
Now we have moved on to chromosomes? Cards then dice and now chromosomes?
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post