The internet world says this

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2015, 09:23 PM
RE: The internet world says this
(11-12-2015 09:20 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  take a statistics class kid.

I don't need a statistics class, your stats are garbage to my hypothesis.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2015, 09:24 PM

Shit, I spent all that time composing a carefully crafted response, and GWG says it in 5 freaking words. Facepalm

Bowing
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
11-12-2015, 09:24 PM
(11-12-2015 08:35 PM)Theorist Wrote:  Have 52 decks of cards in a row, , from each deck slide the top card off each deck and discard the rest of the cards.

A to B
A to B
A to B
A to B

etc for 52 decks.

leaving 52 of B and no more A

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

I am not asking you what is the chance an individual card is an ace, I am asking you what is the chance of an ace out of the 52 choices. How many aces are there in these 52 random's.

bump
11-12-2015, 09:29 PM
(11-12-2015 09:22 PM)Fireball Wrote:  26 pages in about 28 hours. Wow. Theorist, you probably don't realize it, because thick people don't realize it when they are thick, but you are thick as a brick. If you don't go study and master some elementary probability, you'll get no respect with your theories. It is obvious to the mathematically trained here that you don't know what you are talking about. In my case, I have a degree in mathematical physics. It doesn't take a degree, though, to see the holes in your reasoning. Go get a book from the public library on elementary probability and statistics. Saying that you have tacit agreement from another website means absolutely dick when trained people at this site can drive a truck through the holes in your presentation.

I'll have to hand it to you for perseverance, but I'll also have to say that that perseverance would be better spent learning how the mathematics works, instead of foisting your lunacy on people. Getting banned from many websites means that consensus reality is not on your side. In simple terms, that means you are wrong.

so you think your odds are 1/2 out of this - NNNNN

it is not me who is thick.
11-12-2015, 09:30 PM
(11-12-2015 09:23 PM)Theorist Wrote:  

Your hypothesis is garbage.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-12-2015, 09:32 PM
(11-12-2015 09:23 PM)Theorist Wrote:  

OK, a fucking scientist. Go test your hypothesis. You do understand the scientific method, and its application? Test your hypothesis in the real world. Go on, do it. Don't post on websites all over the internet about it, go make some money with it. Once you have a pile of cash from the application of your "theory" at the card tables, you'll have hot and cold running women (or men, if that's your kink, I'm thinking you're at least biologically male)!

Go on, man, make your fortune! Don't brag about it, do it! Then come back and rub the money in our faces.
11-12-2015, 09:32 PM
(11-12-2015 09:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 09:23 PM)Theorist Wrote:  I don't need a statistics class, your stats are garbage to my hypothesis.

Your hypothesis is garbage.

Is it my fault that you personally lack the intelligence to understand the Hypothesis and contribute in an adult manner?

Are you American by any chance.
11-12-2015, 09:33 PM
(11-12-2015 08:51 PM)Theorist Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 08:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  There will be an average of 4 aces in repeated trials.

really? there is a 1.6% chance there is no aces, there is only a 20.3% there is exactly 4 aces, and you avoided the actual question that is no different to the earlier coin tosses. On average there is more than 4 aces.

Prove it. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2015, 09:34 PM
(11-12-2015 09:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Go on, man, make your fortune! Don't brag about it, do it! Then come back and rub the money in our faces.

Make a fortune of a roulette type structure are you insane it is -EV.
11-12-2015, 09:36 PM
(11-12-2015 09:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  Prove it. Drinking Beverage

You can work it out yourself that the chance of 4 aces is 20.3% and you can work out yourself that there is a 1.6% chance there is no aces.

It is more than obvious that your deck B does not contain the exact same values as an original deck, The chance of the B deck being the same as a standard deck is almost zero chance, negligible it is that low of a chance.