The jazz, International and traditional & classical musics thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-08-2015, 02:42 AM
RE: The jazz, International and traditional & classical musics thread.
Is there a certain definition of International and traditional music? I don't really understand, wouldn't Danish music be international music to all but Danes and say Australian music be international to me as a Dane?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2015, 02:50 AM
My drum teacher, Virgil Donati on tour with the great Allan Holdsworth. Thumpa recognise the first tune?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
13-08-2015, 02:59 AM
(13-08-2015 02:42 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  Is there a certain definition of International and traditional music? I don't really understand, wouldn't Danish music be international music to all but Danes and say Australian music be international to me as a Dane?

World Music is possibly more common a description. Australia has the Kurri music but nothing else belongs to us. We brought european folk music and later stole American jazz rhythm and blues and blues. Danish folk music or classical would be great. But a Danish copy of pop probably is better off in the other thread.

Above we have electric jazz with two Brits and an Aussie, But the origin is American jazz from Miles to Lifetime and Mahavishnu. So NOT western pop.

Basically anything that is not western pop music. For example Madonna or Pink Floyd and that type of popular music. But Coltrane to Chopin to anything else is suitable. We have a smooth jazz album, but it is still jazz.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
13-08-2015, 03:45 AM
Here is some traditional Kurri music.

Didgeridoo. (I used to busk with a guy with me on berimbau and cuica, he on didgeridoo.)

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-08-2015, 08:41 AM
Oh, man, this is just reminding me of how much I've neglected my own music thread...

... this is my signature!
13-08-2015, 09:23 AM
For a laugh:

[+] 3 users Like julep's post
13-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Irakere

Banjo.
13-08-2015, 10:19 AM
(13-08-2015 02:10 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Bach, How old is that keyboard?

Quote:One of the most beautiful and famous Frisian church organs is located in the Martini Church in Bolsward.

The organ was newly built in 1781 by the organ maker Albertus Anthoni Hinsz. By 1730 Hinsz establishes himself as an independent organ builder in Groningen. After marrying in 1732 with the widow of Frans Caspar Schnitger, Hinsz probably combined the old Schnitger workshop in Zwolle and the new workshop in Groningen together.

Beside the organ of the Martini Church in Bolsward there are in Friesland four Hinsz organs: in Damwoude (Dantuma Woude), Driesum, Harlingen and Tzum.

In 1781 Hinsz replaced the Bolsward organ from 1539, which was renovated in 1634 by Antony Verbeek, but "...... had become unfit for the Church service ....." The new organ had 34 registers, divided over hoofdwerk, rugwerk, and pedal.

After two minor repairs by Heinrich Hermann Freytag, the Vox Humana on the hoofdwerk was replaced with an 8 ft bassoon, by the Frisian organ makers L. van Dam & sons in 1861, a significant change. A third manual (Bovenwerk)with eight stops was added. In addition, a few disposition changes were made.

In the period 1884 to 1918 repair took place that brought some changes, and in 1953 a major restoration followed and the disposition was then almost completely returned to the situation of 1861. The third manual of Van Dam was maintained.

In 1976 the wind chest of the bovenwerk was restored, but otherwise there has been no change made since 1953 to the organ.

In 2002 a comprehensive restoration was begun. The first two phases will be performed by the Dutch organ builder Verschueren. This reputable organ company exists since 1891 and is located in Heythuysen (Limburg). Advisor to the restoration is Aart Bergwerff, organist at the Evangelical-Lutheran Church in The Hague.
13-08-2015, 06:45 PM

Kyoto Jazz Massive.......Eclipse.......

[+] 1 user Likes Mrs.B's post
13-08-2015, 09:05 PM
The band is from Virginia, but the song has an accent mark in the title.
that international enough for you? Tongue

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post