The jazz, International and traditional & classical musics thread.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-08-2015, 09:53 PM
RE: The jazz, International and traditional & classical musics thread.
(14-08-2015 05:11 PM)julep Wrote:  October, because it's a very beautiful piece:

And Sleep:

Ha ha that was great Julep. I enjoyed both pieces. Here I am with a strong coffee trying to wake up and people are telling me to sleep! Big Grin

Fun to read along with it. Only two 8th notes in the whole thing. I imagine the conductor had a click track in his phones in the studio. That was a very slow tempo, meaning difficult.

I enjoyed the first track as well.

A pity about the Rhythm and Jews. Sad

Well it is a new day so I am going to start with a woman who I placed a clip on the What are you listening to thread. Her musical atmosphere is so light. Like a celebration of life and beauty.

(That is how I found her first CD. Her photo on the cover was gorgeous and I thought "I wonder what she sings like?" It turned out to be a great album. Fantastic percussion and Jobim's drummer on the kit. Bliss!)

Aline De Lima

In the last track is the famous Brasilian snare drum (caixia) part that has a feel that is so hard to master for non Brasilians. You've gotta get the swing just right or the Brasilians get angry and will walk out! Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
14-08-2015, 09:57 PM
(14-08-2015 09:14 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(14-08-2015 04:52 PM)julep Wrote:  Some Klezmer. The clarinetist/bass clarinetist for the Klezmatics is David Krakauer.

Unavailable in my country. Sad
Not available here either.
14-08-2015, 10:37 PM
The Alabama Shakes are from my hometown. No, I don't know them - we didn't go to the same school. Yes, they're a huge band now, but they're sure as hell not pop.

So much emotion when Howard sings. I just...I really feel it. So much soul. But that's rhythm and blues for you.

"I Ain't the Same"

God, I'd love to sit in a smoky bar with a cigarette and glass of bourbon and listen to them jam all night long.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
14-08-2015, 10:56 PM
(14-08-2015 10:37 PM)Nurse Wrote:  The Alabama Shakes are from my hometown. No, I don't know them - we didn't go to the same school. Yes, they're a huge band now, but they're sure as hell not pop.

So much emotion when Howard sings. I just...I really feel it. So much soul. But that's rhythm and blues for you.

"I Ain't the Same"

God, I'd love to sit in a smoky bar with a cigarette and glass of bourbon and listen to them jam all night long.

Good stuff, & I'm sure I have seen them on Austin City Limits or one of those PBS type shows.
14-08-2015, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2015 02:53 AM by Banjo.)
(14-08-2015 10:37 PM)Nurse Wrote:  The Alabama Shakes are from my hometown. No, I don't know them - we didn't go to the same school. Yes, they're a huge band now, but they're sure as hell not pop.

"I Ain't the Same"

Will not play in my country. No

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
15-08-2015, 11:11 PM
John Cage is not for everyone. And 4.33 is just weird. Even for me. But this two and a half minute piece is quite nice and relaxing.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
16-08-2015, 07:26 PM

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
16-08-2015, 07:47 PM

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
16-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Deidre and Cactus.
Those were the first two pieces of music I heard since I woke up. I listened to the classical first and then the one by Cactus. Freaking excellent!

Thanks so much.

Here is The caribbean jazz project.

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
23-08-2015, 05:47 PM
Trio Mocotto.

Banjo.