Poll: is the jobs 'conspiracy' a definitive symptom of a corrupt government?
yes
no
[Show Results]

The jobs numbers conspiracy is a symptom of . . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-10-2012, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2012 11:43 AM by TrainWreck.)
The jobs numbers conspiracy is a symptom of . . .
I would like to predict that this is probably the straw that will break the camel's back.

The U.S. government is in its death spiral.

The Constitution needs to be redrawn to reflect a more efficient reorganization of the government to ensure better economic management of the society.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2012, 11:49 AM
RE: The jobs numbers conspiracy is a symptom of . . .
I think that the governement is undoubtedly corrupt, but the jobs issue has more to do with society and it's immense near sightedness and greed than anything else.

We know we need jobs, yet we want all of our products to be cheaper. Everything must be cheaper. Companies want manufacturing to be cheaper for a higher gain, and they trick consumers into thinking that the price of products can only be cheaper if the products are manufactured for cheaper. This isn't true. Not only is it not true, it shouldn't matter. I would be able to afford the same products if they were manufactured here at higher prices, if I had a job with a better wage than minimum.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-10-2012, 05:47 PM
What job numbers conspiracy?

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
10-10-2012, 06:02 PM
TrainWreck, I am aware of no "jobs numbers conspiracy". Care to elucidate?

Furthermore, I don't understand your post at all. What am I supposed to be voting on?
1. The US government is in a death spiral? (no)
2. The Constitution needs to be redrawn? (yes)
3. The US government needs more efficient reorganization? (yes)
4. Society needs better management? (no)
5. The poor camel is carrying too much? (yes)
6. All of the above? Well, since I threw in the silly camel vote, I guess it's 3 to 2 in favor of a total "Yes" vote...

What are you predicting? The death spiral? Then I say don't quit your day job - there is no death spiral. Maybe there should be a death spiral, maybe we need a revolution, maybe we need to fix the government, but it won't spiral to its own death. No government does that. Unless your prediction is that the government will continue to get worse and worse and be an ever increasingly bigger burden on US society until we finally get sick of it and revolt. Yeah, maybe that would be a more interesting prediction, but that's not what you predicted.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
10-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Maybe he's referring to the one Fox News made up this week. Basically they had their hosts question the job report and claim that lots of people were suspicious (though they never said who), then they brought out some guy who said he believes they were manipulated, but also said he has absolutely no proof. They ran with it for a day at least... I don't know if they are still going with that story.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
10-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Break the camels back?
Hardly. There has been 7 recessions in the past century that have resulted in a 20% or more drop in the market.
Just another day at the office.

I think America is more on a very slow decline. Western countries as they are today with human rights and shit need to be focusing on high-wealth, high-specialization industries because BRIC countries are going to be the factories factories and they, with their lack of such human rights, can do it far cheaper then Western Countries.
America is very very unwilling to adapt to change and so will simply be left behind.

Countries run exactly like businesses and it's basic business that you need to be flexible, adapt and change to changes in the market. ie: McDonalds put out that healthy choice menu in retaliation to the market demand for healthier choices.
America is extremely unwilling to change and so will simply slowly decline. In fact I'd say it's been on the decline for the last century.
It's just that it is in such a place that it will take many many years still, which I guess will make it more painful because people can't see it happening.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
10-10-2012, 06:38 PM
Funny, I'm listening a presidential speech about this very topic and how the media manipulates the information Tongue

I have no opinion about this topic in particular, but I find interesting how this things (information and political conspiration theories) are so present everywhere lately Consider

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
10-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Bullshit. If you actually knew how complex the numbers collection system is, and haw many safe-guards there are you wouldn't even say that crap. The ex-Chairman of GE is making a fool of himself. IF it really was a conspiracy, they would have cooked the numbers long ago, and at the very least started releasing better ones LONG ago. Why not LAST month when it would have done more good. Sorry. It's a pile of shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

10-10-2012, 09:38 PM
You could take this question to mean 2 things.

1) It proves corruption that they would even insinuate it just to get an edge in the election.
2) It proves its corrupted, because something actually happened.

Completely opposite opinions

I voted #1 btw.
10-10-2012, 09:56 PM
It's an election year...numbers about all sorts of things are skewed to favor one candidate or the other depending on who is doing the talking.

It's just same shit, different day. It's not a conspiracy, it's status quo.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF