Poll: is the jobs 'conspiracy' a definitive symptom of a corrupt government?
yes
no
[Show Results]

The jobs numbers conspiracy is a symptom of . . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: The jobs numbers conspiracy is a symptom of . . .
(10-10-2012 09:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's an election year...numbers about all sorts of things are skewed to favor one candidate or the other depending on who is doing the talking.

It's just same shit, different day. It's not a conspiracy, it's status quo.
Unemployment #s are not some biased poll
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Unemployment numbers tell how many people applied for benefits or received benefits they don't tell you how many people have simply given up finding work or how many have run out of benefits but are still un- or under employed.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-10-2012, 12:29 PM
(10-10-2012 09:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's just same shit, different day. It's not a conspiracy, it's status quo.

The status quo is a conspiracy.

It is the people in power exploiting their powers to maintain their control of the powers.

Obama challenged the status quo, and has admitted that he is powerless against it, and has not disclosed yet, and he is going to continue to be a participant in it, because he does not know how to fix it.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
11-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Hahaha, and you called me paranoid the other day! This is amusing. Big Grin Well done. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
12-10-2012, 06:52 PM
(11-10-2012 06:06 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Unemployment numbers tell how many people applied for benefits or received benefits they don't tell you how many people have simply given up finding work or how many have run out of benefits but are still un- or under employed.
That might be a problem with the system, or a problem with the general interpretation of the system, but its not like Obama convinced people to stop looking for work so he would get elected. Thats the way its been done for awhile now, so what makes you think that its any less meaningful than it was a few months back when the # was at 8.1%?
12-10-2012, 08:51 PM
It's not an accurate number as to how many people are unemployed. It may well be an accurate number based on how many are drawing unemployment benefits.

It is misleading the way it is stated.

And where they fuck did I mention Obama...it's the way the system is no matter who is in office.

But part of the issue is the longer this recession goes on, the more people will run out of benefits and therefore won't be counted as having made a claim.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-10-2012, 09:59 PM
(10-10-2012 06:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  In fact I'd say it's been on the decline for the last century.

lolwut? Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
12-10-2012, 10:23 PM
The jobs numbers conspiracy is a symptom of . . .
(12-10-2012 09:59 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 06:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  In fact I'd say it's been on the decline for the last century.

lolwut? Big Grin

Ohhhh. Johnny's about to do some edumacting of the padawan. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
12-10-2012, 10:24 PM
(12-10-2012 08:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's not an accurate number as to how many people are unemployed. It may well be an accurate number based on how many are drawing unemployment benefits.

It is misleading the way it is stated.

And where they fuck did I mention Obama...it's the way the system is no matter who is in office.

But part of the issue is the longer this recession goes on, the more people will run out of benefits and therefore won't be counted as having made a claim.

I agree, it is very misleading. However, my point is that it was the same methodology that produced the 8.1% number, and the recent 7.8% number. So unless there was some other clear factor involved, then I think its safe to say there is less unemployment overall.

(12-10-2012 09:59 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

lolwut? Big Grin

Wow, I didn't catch that one. Earmuffs, I am sorry to tell you this, but your US history must be a bit off.
12-10-2012, 11:25 PM
That .3% will surely save us! Now I'll mention him...all hail Obama...he is really putting things right. Can't wait till Obamacare goes fully into effect and more small employers stop hiring, lay people off, cut people to part time, or go out of business altogether. I'll save the balloons and confetti for that celebration. Course they will count the part-time, starvation wages as being employment. The group that owns Olive Garden is already cutting their employees to 28 hours so they don't have to offer insurance...that'll help people...watch other businesses follow suit.