The knights who say Ni! Demand...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2014, 08:05 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2014 08:15 PM by Tartarus Sauce.)
RE: The knights who say Ni! Demand...
(21-10-2014 07:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 05:49 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Fuck, you mean two years doesn't cut it for being upgraded from vagabond scoundrel?

I thought you guys knew me?! Weeping

Forum doesn't work that way Tartarus. It's about social clique, not generation.
You might be of the second wave generation poster but you're seen as a third wave generation poster because you're part of the skype clique which was established on the backs of the third wave generational posters. Much like how Rev is a third wave generational poster but is seen as a second wave generational poster because of his personality and whom he associates with on the forum.

TTA social intricacies 101.

What are you talking about? The skype clique I joined is second generation. Rev and I essentially associate with the same people. Your theory is flawed, Sir Muffs.

Also, how are we defining "generations?"

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2014, 10:43 PM
(21-10-2014 08:05 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 07:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Forum doesn't work that way Tartarus. It's about social clique, not generation.
You might be of the second wave generation poster but you're seen as a third wave generation poster because you're part of the skype clique which was established on the backs of the third wave generational posters. Much like how Rev is a third wave generational poster but is seen as a second wave generational poster because of his personality and whom he associates with on the forum.

What are you talking about? The skype clique I joined is second generation. Rev and I essentially associate with the same people. Your theory is flawed, Sir Muffs.

It is second gen now but it began as third gen during the peek of the third generation posters. The skype clique is also seen as "less mature" (I don't mean that in a bad way, that's just for lack of better way to explain it). This is how Rev can associate with you lot but still be seen as a second generational poster. He's more "mature". What you have to distinguish is that second generation posters are 20's+ year olds who have a good sense of humor and a "lolwut?" attitude to the world. Second generation posters can get away with associating with the silly skype clique or have a serious discussion with cjlr. Third generation posters however are just "silly" all the time (which gives the impression of "less mature").
You don't have serious conversations. You're like Ferdy and Tim. You'll banter with other skype peeps or other members of the forum and share your hilarious kitty antics but you wont go into depth about the share price of barely in Brazil. Rev however can banter with you lot but than he'll go to the politics section and offer his opinion on the wheat production in the Russian agricultural industry. So he is more second generation and you are seen as third generation.

The generations are:

1st Gen: Stark, Observer, Lucradis, Girly, Chas, Erxy etc... Those 2009-2011 people. The original core community.

2nd Gen: The late 2011-2012 people. Anj, DLJ, Vosur, Myself, You etc..
We changed the forum but we mixed with a bunch of the 1st generation people to form the core community that has remained to this day. A lot of 1st generational posters left when we showed up. If the forum was a house 1st gen would be the foundation and we would be the walls and roof and windows and doors etc..

3rd Gen: The late 2012-2013 people. The young generation. Lightvadar, ELK, TSG etc.. They came along and sorta slotted in but preferred to stick together due to age. That's when the skype clique formed and people from the 1st/2nd gen core joined and came to be known as 3rd gen, You, Tim, Ferdy etc.. Because you lot became known as the 3rd gen people like Rev came to be known as 2nd gen.

4th Gen: The late 2013-2014 people. Older people. More of a slow trickle of new members than a sudden surge in new people. They have just slotted into the 1st/2nd gen core community. Mathilda, Pablo among others.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
21-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Deep is still on vacation.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
21-10-2014, 11:05 PM
(21-10-2014 07:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 05:49 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Fuck, you mean two years doesn't cut it for being upgraded from vagabond scoundrel?

I thought you guys knew me?! Weeping

Forum doesn't work that way Tartarus. It's about social clique, not generation.

I have no idea where I stand, so please enlighten me oh hallowed Kiwi-One. Worship Slaves

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
21-10-2014, 11:16 PM
(21-10-2014 05:12 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  ... That this [Image: KPPRhz1.gif] be added to the smilies.

The knights who say Ni also demand a shrubbery. Then another shrubbery raised slightly to give a two level effect with a little path running down the middle.

Then something else about a herring and the tallest tree. Anyways I want them to stop saying Ni! At me, so Deep can it be done?

[Image: 52224368.jpg]

(21-10-2014 11:05 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 07:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Forum doesn't work that way Tartarus. It's about social clique, not generation.

I have no idea where I stand, so please enlighten me oh hallowed Kiwi-One. Worship Slaves

I too am curious as to where Muffs would allocate me, and under what basis.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-10-2014, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2014 12:00 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)
(21-10-2014 10:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 08:05 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  What are you talking about? The skype clique I joined is second generation. Rev and I essentially associate with the same people. Your theory is flawed, Sir Muffs.

It is second gen now but it began as third gen during the peek of the third generation posters. The skype clique is also seen as "less mature" (I don't mean that in a bad way, that's just for lack of better way to explain it). This is how Rev can associate with you lot but still be seen as a second generational poster. He's more "mature". What you have to distinguish is that second generation posters are 20's+ year olds who have a good sense of humor and a "lolwut?" attitude to the world. Second generation posters can get away with associating with the silly skype clique or have a serious discussion with cjlr. Third generation posters however are just "silly" all the time (which gives the impression of "less mature").
You don't have serious conversations. You're like Ferdy and Tim. You'll banter with other skype peeps or other members of the forum and share your hilarious kitty antics but you wont go into depth about the share price of barely in Brazil. Rev however can banter with you lot but than he'll go to the politics section and offer his opinion on the wheat production in the Russian agricultural industry. So he is more second generation and you are seen as third generation.

The generations are:

1st Gen: Stark, Observer, Lucradis, Girly, Chas, Erxy etc... Those 2009-2011 people. The original core community.

We changed the forum but we mixed with a bunch of the 1st generation people to form the core community that has remained to this day. A lot of 1st generational posters left when we showed up. If the forum was a house 1st gen would be the foundation and we would be the walls and roof and windows and doors etc..

3rd Gen: The late 2012-2013 people. The young generation. Lightvadar, ELK, TSG etc.. They came along and sorta slotted in but preferred to stick together due to age. That's when the skype clique formed and people from the 1st/2nd gen core joined and came to be known as 3rd gen, You, Tim, Ferdy etc.. Because you lot became known as the 3rd gen people like Rev came to be known as 2nd gen.

4th Gen: The late 2013-2014 people. Older people. More of a slow trickle of new members than a sudden surge in new people. They have just slotted into the 1st/2nd gen core community. Mathilda, Pablo among others.

Okay, I take your point, but I think your equivocation of generations being perceived within concrete behavior patterns is confusing and dubious, at least within the parameters you define them. I could just as easily make the reverse argument: lots of older members start presiding more in the banter/off-topic sections since they exhaust themselves over time in the more serious and formal areas of the forum after being exposed to multiple repeated conversation topics over the years. Meanwhile, the newer, more fresh faced members tend to stick very heavily to the debate and philosophical subforums since their enthusiasm for deep and meaningful discussions hasn't yet been dampened by the more monotonous and repetitive aspects. Therefore, being "bantery" and less serious might instead be seen more as a sign of seniority rather than vice versa. Granted, not all veteran members will be content sitting on their laurels in the lounge room, the same way not all newbies are comfortable on the debate stage. It's all just generalizations in the end.

And for the record, I can and do make appearances in the more serious conversations, just not as frequently as the more bantery areas (and my banter levels are nowhere near the levels of Tim and Ferdy). I also don't heavily associate with most of the members you listed as coming in as third gen, at least not in accordance your age grouping argument. Maybe pigeonholing people just doesn't work out in practice that well.

And when the fuck did this conversation become so serious? The whole thing started out as a joke.

Fucking Muffs Tongue

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
22-10-2014, 12:05 AM
(21-10-2014 10:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  4th Gen: The late 2013-2014 people. Older people. More of a slow trickle of new members than a sudden surge in new people. They have just slotted into the 1st/2nd gen core community. Mathilda, Pablo among others.

Thanks for the mention Muffs, in the future could you please avoid using the terms "older people" and "slow trickle" in the same paragraph? Thanks. Big Grin
[+] 12 users Like pablo's post
22-10-2014, 12:31 AM
@EK & FT. You're both 2nd generation.

Quote:Okay, I take your point, but I think your equivocation of generations being perceived within concrete behavior patterns is confusing and dubious, at least within the parameters you define them. I could just as easily make the reverse argument: lots of older members start presiding more in the banter/off-topic sections since they exhaust themselves over time in the more serious and formal areas of the forum after being exposed to multiple repeated conversation topics over the years. Meanwhile, the newer, more fresh faced members tend to stick very heavily to the debate and philosophical subforums since their enthusiasm for deep and meaningful discussions hasn't yet been dampened by the more monotonous and repetitive aspects. Therefore, being "bantery" and less serious might instead be seen more as a sign of seniority rather than vice versa. Granted, not all veteran members will be content sitting on their laurels in the lounge room, the same way not all newbies are comfortable on the debate stage. It's all just generalizations in the end.

And for the record, I can and do make appearances in the more serious conversations, just not as frequently as the more bantery areas (and my banter levels are nowhere near the levels of Tim and Ferdy). I also don't heavily associate with most of the members you listed as coming in as third gen, at least not in accordance your age grouping argument. Maybe pigeonholing people just doesn't work out in practice that well.

And when the fuck did this conversation become so serious? The whole thing started out as a joke.

Fucking Muffs Tongue

Starting off in the atheist section discussing atheism and "debating" with Christians and such when you first get here is normal behavior from everyone I would say.
I would say though that by the time you become a regular, maybe around the 1,000 post mark, you are past that and are into the coffee house and such where the regulars often gather and so the notion that there are two separate groups there is irrelevant because we're only talking about people that are past that initial "I'm not over all these same old topics because I haven't discussed them a thousand times yet".

I think you are misinterpreting my definition of banter. Or maybe I just didn't explain myself well enough. There are two forms of banter of this forum. Normal banter and skype group banter. The former being Girly in a fondu and the later being Ferdy has giant balls. There is a subtle line but a line none the less.
And regarding your association with 3rd gen, that is because you are confused. Third gen was originally LV and TSG and all those young fellas but has molded into you, Ferdy, Tim, Ato and has gone from a generation and turned into a clique but is still seen generationally (if that makes sense).

A better way of explaining it is that it's a behavioral thing.
1st gen acted a certain way. 2nd gen acted a certain way. 3rd gen acted a certain way. You, Tim, ferdy etc.. formed the skype clique and acted much in the same way as the 3rd gen so you're now seen as 3rd gen.

And I can pigeonhole all I want it's easy.
example: (what you actually are/what you are perceived as)
Chas - 1st/2nd
Erxy - 1st/1st
Girly - 1st/2nd
Myself - 2nd/2nd
Rev - 3rd/2nd
Anj - 2nd/2nd
KC - 1st/1st
DLJ - 2nd/2nd
Bucky - 1st/2nd
HoC - 1st/1st
Hughsie - 1st/3rd (though Hughsie is a weird case because he is viewed as 3rd, but is also viewed as 1st. Depends on context.)
Moron - 1st/2nd
MomSBB - 2nd/2nd
Kim - 1st/1st
Dom - 2nd/1st
FT - 2nd/2nd
Ferdy - 1st/3rd
Vosur - 2nd/2nd
DL - 2nd/2nd
Stark - 1st/1st
Ato - 1st/3rd
EK - 2nd/2nd
cjlr - 3rd/2nd
Meta - 4th/3rd
Losty - 3rd/3rd
LJ - 1st/1st
Even - 2nd/2nd
bemore - 1st/1st
Scot - 1st/1st
Filox - 1st/1st
Hobbit - 2nd/2nd
Lucradis - 1st/1st
Aurora - 1st/1st
Tartarus - 2nd/3rd

etc.. etc..

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
22-10-2014, 01:23 AM
Tips on being second gen.

1) actually be first gen but are too active and/or have never left the forum for a long enough period of time to count as first gen.

2) actually be second gen.

3) actually be third gen, but not cool enough to be in love with Ferdi.

4) actually be revs.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 6 users Like Losty's post
22-10-2014, 05:40 AM
(21-10-2014 10:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-10-2014 08:05 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  What are you talking about? The skype clique I joined is second generation. Rev and I essentially associate with the same people. Your theory is flawed, Sir Muffs.

The generations are:

Makes sense. Does it matter though? Neh.
[Image: 1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post