The last moments of death, belief and voices

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2017, 11:02 PM
RE: The last moments of death, belief and voices
Hearing voices eh?

"Schizophrenia is a complex, chronic mental health disorder characterized by an array of symptoms, including delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech or behavior, and impaired cognitive ability. The early onset of the disease, along with its chronic course, make it a disabling disorder for many patients and their families.1 Disability often results from both negative symptoms (characterized by loss or deficits) and cognitive symptoms, such as impairments in attention, working memory, or executive function.2 In addition, relapse may occur because of positive symptoms, such as suspiciousness, delusions, and hallucinations.1,2 The inherent heterogeneity of schizophrenia has resulted in a lack of consensus regarding the disorder’s diagnostic criteria, etiology, and pathophysiology.1,3"

Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4159061/

You should prolly get this checked out by a medical professional.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like JesseB's post
26-04-2017, 06:43 AM
(25-04-2017 11:40 AM)whosebob Wrote:  We have all heard of schizophrenia. Most of them suffer badly because of the voices. For those that belief in One God they are constantly being harassed by them. They do use religion again them. The most difficult topics arise. For those that Believe in One God, they torture the person with belief that they are God, that there is more than one God, that they are the devil and that they evil. Some of them evens get images of Idols in their heads.

When a Polytheist dies the same thing will happen. They will come at them and the voices will proclaim themselves as Gods. Images will appear of Idols in their head. If you believed in Gods and Idols like polytheist do then one will fall easily for this trick of demons.

For those that believe in One God we will be seeking protection from God against these things because we know that God is ONE and he will protect us because we believed in Him.
This is a warning to Polytheist. If you don’t believe in ONE God then things will be difficult for you when you die.

To believe in ONE God is the easiest thing one can do. While there’s life, there’s hope.

Please take this warning and please don’t let demons make a fool out of you.

The reason I am posting this thread is because I almost died from the voices. Now at least you know a secret of death because it happens to everyone when they are close to death.

Unbelievers don't understand Hell. No one has seen it so it is understandable why you may be skeptical. But everyone knows about schizophrenia. It happens to millions of people. Schizophrenia is'nt only a mental fight but a spiritual one as well. If you study what we go through, you'll see the voices attack ones core which is our belief system. That we devils, that we are the anti Christ, that we are God, that they are Gods etc. Why do you think they are doing this to believers? Because they want us to despair of God's mercy just like them.

When I read these religious forums, the same questions pop up similar to the voices.

If you don't believe me, then study what most schizophrenics go through. It happens to millions of people. It will happen to those close to death. The only protection against them is God.

When Pharoah was about to drown. Only then did he submit to God. But a voice told him that he was rebellious just a while ago. So his repentance was to no avail. When he saw God's power in the end, it did'nt help him. don't be like Pharoah, you got a a chance, use it to make a better life for yourselves Godwilling.

Listen to the voices in your head saying, "Stop posting crap...stop posting crap..."
[+] 2 users Like kemo boy's post
26-04-2017, 07:02 AM
If you guys ain't gonna post cheese, Imma post Gwynnies. Heart

[Image: FVxUSNW.gif]

(25-04-2017 01:07 PM)kim Wrote:  I've missed you, too. Evil_monster

Kiss me, I'm demonic.

Blink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-04-2017, 07:58 AM
(25-04-2017 11:40 AM)whosebob Wrote:  We have all heard of schizophrenia. Most of them suffer badly because of the voices. For those that belief in One God they are constantly being harassed by them. They do use religion again them. The most difficult topics arise. For those that Believe in One God, they torture the person with belief that they are God, that there is more than one God, that they are the devil and that they evil. Some of them evens get images of Idols in their heads.

When a Polytheist dies the same thing will happen. They will come at them and the voices will proclaim themselves as Gods. Images will appear of Idols in their head. If you believed in Gods and Idols like polytheist do then one will fall easily for this trick of demons.

For those that believe in One God we will be seeking protection from God against these things because we know that God is ONE and he will protect us because we believed in Him.
This is a warning to Polytheist. If you don’t believe in ONE God then things will be difficult for you when you die.

To believe in ONE God is the easiest thing one can do. While there’s life, there’s hope.

The reason I am posting this thread is because I almost died from the voices. Now at least you know a secret of death because it happens to everyone when they are close to death.

Unbelievers don't understand Hell. No one has seen it so it is understandable why you may be skeptical. But everyone knows about schizophrenia. It happens to millions of people. Schizophrenia is'nt only a mental fight but a spiritual one as well. If you study what we go through, you'll see the voices attack ones core which is our belief system. That we devils, that we are the anti Christ, that we are God, that they are Gods etc. Why do you think they are doing this to believers? Because they want us to despair of God's mercy just like them.

When I read these religious forums, the same questions pop up similar to the voices.

If you don't believe me, then study what most schizophrenics go through. It happens to millions of people. It will happen to those close to death. The only protection against them is God.

When Pharoah was about to drown. Only then did he submit to God. But a voice told him that he was rebellious just a while ago. So his repentance was to no avail. When he saw God's power in the end, it did'nt help him. don't be like Pharoah, you got a a chance, use it to make a better life for yourselves Godwilling.

Nope sorry, there is no god of the gaps by any label needed to have hope.

"God/god/gods/deity/super natural" are all human inventions and are mere false perceptions in comic book form, reflecting our species evolutionary drive to continue.

It is a reflection of our own species attributes in wanting to survive, but it is still a false perception.

I am an atheist. I know and accept I am finite, but that does not make me fatalistic or pessimistic. It merely means I accept my ride is finite and ends. I still find good in life even accepting that.

You go to a movie knowing it will end, but you still go. You go to a music concert knowing it will end, but you still go. You ride a roller coaster at a theme park, that ride ends and the park closes, but you still go. You go to a sporting event knowing one team will win, one team will lose, and the game ends, but you still go. You read a good book knowing it has a last page, but you still read it. You get a pet cat, or pet dog, knowing they won't live as long as you, you love them, they die, and sometimes you get another pet after that.

I find "Without God there is no hope" the real pessimistic and fatalistic attitude. That humans are so fragile we always need a cosmic Mickey Mouse to save us. I don't think that lowly of myself. Now, I am not perfect, and I do have my ups and downs, and am still dealing with my own issues today.

BUT, what I refuse to think is that some unproven naked assertion explains anything in life. I just lost my mom last month. It hurt and still hurts. But she is dead, she is not in heaven or hell, her consciousness does not exist anymore. BUT, the good thing that I do have and can prove happened, was her life, and our time together and no amount of a fictional forever will ever take that REAL time away from me. THAT is what I value, and if anyone thinks, because I accept even her finite existence makes me fatalistic, well sorry, fuck you. I love my mom and had tons of good times with her, but I don't need a fictional forever to value that.

Humans are not the oldest species on our 4 billion year old planet. Humans are not the center of our 13.8 billion year old universe with 100s of billions of galaxies in it. I have had plenty of joy in my life, and pain too, but to say anyone accepting life as being finite is pessimistic is flat out bullshit.

If you are hearing voices, that is not proof of real demons, it is proof you have a brain defect. I don't say that to stigmatize anyone with mental illness, but to say get help from a professional and not a preacher.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-04-2017, 10:40 AM
(25-04-2017 11:40 AM)whosebob Wrote:  I am posting this thread is because I almost died from the voices.

Consider

[Image: this-is-medication-time.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
26-04-2017, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2017 07:32 PM by Reltzik.)

I've got a lot of work I need to do IRL, so in the interests of procrastination I'm going to give this the serious response that it does not deserve.

So let's look at two examples.

The first example is John Nash, famed mathematician, Nobel Prize winner, one of the architects of game theory, and basis for the film "A Beautiful Mind". Nash suffered from paranoid schizophrenia, which subjected him to a variety of hallucinations. Amidst his delusions he would often hear what he identified as the voice of God speaking to him. Though he was never cured, he learned how to work around his condition by rationally reasoning out which parts of his sensory experience were most likely real, and which were most likely delusions... and the "voice of God" he thought he was hearing, he lumped in with the delusions. In this manner, he was again able to function socially and professionally. Though Nash was born and raised into a Catholic family, he lived his life as an atheist.

The second example is Deanna Laney. Deanna Laney was also schizophrenic, and she also "heard" the voice of God. That voice instructed her to stone her three children to death. Being a dutiful Christian, devoted to and obedient to God, that is exactly what she did. (Or attempted to. One survived his injuries.) Later, everyone (including Laney) agreed that it was not actually God speaking to her, but instead hallucinations related to her insanity. But in the grip of the madness, she truly believed that she was obeying a divine command.

Now, what can we learn from these two examples? Well...

1. Belief in, prayer to, or worship of God quite clearly does NOT protect against schizophrenia.
  2. The possibility of schizophrenia is a reason NOT to believe or obey a "voice from God".
  3. It is very easy to incorrectly identify some message, thought, idea, or revelation as being from God.
  4. One of the biggest success stories related to schizophrenia revolves around a technique of REJECTING the voice of God and instead embracing reason and evidence.
  5. Faith kills little kids. For realz.

So no, you are flat out wrong in every detail, save for your summary of schizophrenia, which had a little bit of truth mixed in with the bullshit.

Come back when you have some verifiable means of concluding that some message, any message, including the Bible, ACTUALLY originates from God. Not just less easily countered than this was. VERIFIABLE, not just windy assertions. (Part of this will, of course, involve verification that there is a God for it to come from.)

Until there is some way of fact-checking your beliefs, I will not adopt them. I don't want to risk becoming a child-killer, after all. And if I were to hear the voice of your God telling me to stone children to death, I would be the skeptic who tells the fucker no, no matter the price to me, rather than the worshipful believer who does any despicable act in the baseless hope of getting into Heaven rather than Hell or the sycophantic belief that it becomes right just because it comes from God. Because it is most likely a hallucination, and even if it weren't, some things are more valuable than my own hide.
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
26-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Someone shut the damn door...all the loons are wandering in without supervision.

This is ridiculous. The worst I have seen in some time around here.

Oranges, cannibalism, bestiality, incest, now the voices in their heads...all some sort of proof of god.

FFS.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
26-04-2017, 06:47 PM

> Bunk! Dodgy
26-04-2017, 08:24 PM
(26-04-2017 05:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone shut the damn door...all the loons are wandering in without supervision.

Oranges, cannibalism, bestiality, incest, now the voices in their heads...all some sort of proof of god.

FFS.

[Image: treader.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
26-04-2017, 08:40 PM
(26-04-2017 08:24 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 05:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Someone shut the damn door...all the loons are wandering in without supervision.

FFS.

[Image: treader.jpg]

Yeah...if you and Dom would turn the dogs loose. Yours are more imposing than mine. And I would be worried about the whole bestiality thing since they are so cute and loving...they might be seen as asking for it. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat